Partick Thistle V Dumfermline Athletic, Saturday 1 December

jagfox

Yes you are correct they have beaten us twice away from home, The home fixture was a slightly different story if I remember - did we not beat them 4-0 or did I just make that up? So if we had beaten Dunfermline and gone on to draw Hamilton at home, I would be expect us to beat them.

I would hope Thistle would beat Accies at Firhill. I do not share your expectation.

Personally getting pissed off big time with the poor standard of refereeing last few years , especially decisions against us, according to the sunday mail performance score , the ref got 5/10 , worst ref on the day !! Jackie needs to address the discipline record , not good enough to keep having to play with only 10 men, not true that we only need 10 men !! We wouldve beaten the dung boys easily with 11, and accies wouldve been beaten as well with 11, so get talking Jackie !! Watched in horror as the rearguard farted around at the back with some stupid chancy crossfield passing on our own 18 yrd line , what was that all about when we needed to be up the park on their 18 yrd line ? having said that , Jeffries is a real dildo if he thinks his dungboys were better !! they were sent out to stifle us going forward , typical negativity when you are pooing in your pants about what might happen if you play an open game !! We will win the league without a problem as long as we can avoid the suicidal red cards which cost any team no matter who they play against .

• Like 2

Bad day at the office for us, agree Murray was poor, pen kick was too softly struck and should have been tucked in corner instead of making it easy for Gallagher to look good, and if it had stayed at 11 aside we would have won, but biggest disappointment for me is we have lost out on future rounds income and that will likely see us unable to offer contracts in january to Craig or others, or offer better terms and improved contracts to try tie up players like Erskine, Doolan, and others, whose contracts run out summer 2013.

Instead we will now likely have to wait to see what league we are in next season, and we could therefore lose key players to pre-contracts signed in January through the failure of Saturday.

Even if we had managed to only extend contracts for a year, it would have at least protected the club where if anyone left in the summer we could have negotiated clauses in their contracts where they would be allowed to talk to and sign if they then wanted to, if a bid for a stipluated (and decent and not derisory) amount was made for any of our star players (and we have quite a few).

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 1

Bad day at the office for us, agree Murray was poor, pen kick was too softly struck and should have been tucked in corner instead of making it easy for Gallagher to look good, and if it had stayed at 11 aside we would have won, but biggest disappointment for me is we have lost out on future rounds income and that will likely see us unable to offer contracts in january to Craig or others, or offer better terms and improved contracts to try tie up players like Erskine, Doolan, and others, whose contracts run out summer 2013.

Instead we will now likely have to wait to see what league we are in next season, and we could therefore lose key players to pre-contracts signed in January through the failure of Saturday.

Even if we had managed to only extend contracts for a year, it would have at least protected the club where if anyone left in the summer we could have negotiated clauses in their contracts where they would be allowed to talk to and sign if they then wanted to, if a bid for a stipluated (and decent and not derisory) amount was made for any of our star players (and we have quite a few).

Good points, Y-J, but a tad pessimistic, maybe. Let's see how we do over the next month or two. If it looks like we're heading to be champions, a good few of those players might be looking forward to renewed/renegotiated contracts for our SPL campaign next season.

I think it's fair to say that it seems everyone believes that Shug had a poor game, with some views ranging from he was caught in possession too often, to he should never play for us again.

What i would suggest is that everyone takes a step back and remembers, that he started every game in our first 7 that saw us take 19 points with 6 wins and a draw and i think in all of them him and Paton played together as a defensive pairing in midfield.

There is a great togetherness at Firhill between the fans and the players, one that i would say is having a positive effect on the players, their performances and therefore the teams results.

As such, i would hope that some fans don't take this opportunity to start getting on Murray's back with every mistake as not only will it not have a good effect on his morale, but i can't believe it would have a good effect on the rest of the team when they hear 10 players getting cheered every week, and 1 guy getting abused.

There is no doubt he will have a major part to play in this season, most likely in the title run in when the pitches are getting better and we need a calm head on the park who has been through it before. Don't forget the wealth of experience he has on the pitch, something that can only benefit the young guys in the team when the pressure starts mounting around March.

The guy is a profesional footballer, someone earlier said that they watch him and he doesn't seem interested, i would say it's the complete opposite, you just have to watch him warming up, to realise how seriously he's taking this.

There's no denying he had a poor game, he was caught with the ball a few times, and a couple of passes went astray... But lets not forget, we had 10 men on saturday, and the league is the priority. There is something great happenning on the pitch just now, for the first time in maybe 2 generations we have a team that fight for every ball, and pass it on the deck. Its a joy to watch. Murray has been the tough tackling ball winner that so many have cried out for in the middle of the park since Danny Lennon.

Lets keep it positive on a match day and support every player on the pitch.

• Like 2

I think it's fair to say that it seems everyone believes that Shug had a poor game, with some views ranging from he was caught in possession too often, to he should never play for us again.

What i would suggest is that everyone takes a step back and remembers, that he started every game in our first 7 that saw us take 19 points with 6 wins and a draw and i think in all of them him and Paton played together as a defensive pairing in midfield.

There is a great togetherness at Firhill between the fans and the players, one that i would say is having a positive effect on the players, their performances and therefore the teams results.

As such, i would hope that some fans don't take this opportunity to start getting on Murray's back with every mistake as not only will it not have a good effect on his morale, but i can't believe it would have a good effect on the rest of the team when they hear 10 players getting cheered every week, and 1 guy getting abused.

There is no doubt he will have a major part to play in this season, most likely in the title run in when the pitches are getting better and we need a calm head on the park who has been through it before. Don't forget the wealth of experience he has on the pitch, something that can only benefit the young guys in the team when the pressure starts mounting around March.

The guy is a profesional footballer, someone earlier said that they watch him and he doesn't seem interested, i would say it's the complete opposite, you just have to watch him warming up, to realise how seriously he's taking this.

There's no denying he had a poor game, he was caught with the ball a few times, and a couple of passes went astray... But lets not forget, we had 10 men on saturday, and the league is the priority. There is something great happenning on the pitch just now, for the first time in maybe 2 generations we have a team that fight for every ball, and pass it on the deck. Its a joy to watch. Murray has been the tough tackling ball winner that so many have cried out for in the middle of the park since Danny Lennon.

Lets keep it positive on a match day and support every player on the pitch.

Well said, Shuggie.

• Like 1

• Members

I heard from a reliable source today that the refereeing supervisor at the match on Saturday, while agreeing with Muirhead's sending off according to the rule book, expressed the view that the "last man" rule was flawed, and that Dargo could not be said to have had a certain scoring opportunity.

Yeah definitely agree with that. If the offence had happened anywhere else on the park, even a yellow card would have been harsh.

One of the things I've enjoyed about the forum this season so far is the lack of posts criticising the players and staff so far this season. I really do hope this isn't the start!

Will, you know how this goes - if the players are playing badly then we, the fans, will go after absolutely everything that's wrong/perceived to be wrong with the club. It's been happening since ptfc.net. We drag out the Aunt Sallies and set fire to them.

:head_ball:

Edited by McKennan

I heard from a reliable source today that the refereeing supervisor at the match on Saturday, while agreeing with Muirhead's sending off according to the rule book, expressed the view that the "last man" rule was flawed, and that Dargo could not be said to have had a certain scoring opportunity.

I haven't seen the highlights - I'm not sure I want to go through that frustration again - but a friend says Dargo played Aaron and our lad simply went for it.