Partick Thistle V Dumfermline Athletic, Saturday 1 December

jagfox

Will McNamara start the same team tomorrow? Some players were a bit off form but they all put in a shift. Also Bannigan and Shug haven't had much game time recently so will benefit from a run in the team. Defence was solid, midfield took a bit of time to get on top but played some goodstuff again. Lawless had a quiet game but still got on the end of a couple of chances. He has played well against the Pars as well. Dools put in a shift and wasn't faraway on a couple of occassions.

So basically I wouldn't disagree greatly with the same team starting tomorrow.

Also hospitality package sold out last week, could this be an indicator of decent crowd? Hope so, as the previous game against Dumfermline has worked its way into my top five matches at Firhill :)

Buzzing for this, C'mon Thistle.

For we made a promise····

Hate our teams when neither Paton or Welsh, I think our two most important players, are out. In saying that past week the second half showed a solid settled team. Don't see any reason to change it. If dools hasn't scored by half time I'd bring on Craig. Murray was often caught out, he has just lost that yard. But we always win when he plays (and doesn't get sent off) so I think that merits his place for now.

A relatively turgid game with them parked firmly in their own half. Thistle the only side to try and play the beautiful game the way it's intended to be played. Otherwise fairly attritional, and two or three bookings either side.

SoJ to come off the bench after 70 mins and bustle one in during a goal area stramash on 84 minutes. Yeehah.!

Jags in the hat on Monday, with all but 1 or 2 potential opponents secretly shiting themselves at the prospect of being drawn away to us.

The end.

Out of interest, expected crowds? I think it will be low with already playing twice. Big ask to win a third time, while Dunfermline will be fed up of us. Close to Christmas shopping time and featured highlights at night. Plus some Baltic weather. 2,700 if we're lucky I think.

think it may be more start of the month and Dumfermline get half of the gate so they might come in force

..............................Roy.............................

...... Muirhead... Maxwell... Archie...........

........................McNamara........................

.............Murray...............Forbes...............

Donnelly.............Rowson............Lawless

...........................Craig..............................

Get rid of these underperforming youngsters!

think it may be more start of the month and Dumfermline get half of the gate so they might come in force

I can believe that. I can see maybe around 750-odd coming through for this one, not as many as the league, but still a good number. I think hitting 3000 isn't out of the question.

Does the club get any money for this being a featured game on Sportscene?

..............................Roy.............................

...... Muirhead... Maxwell... Archie...........

........................McNamara........................

.............Murray...............Forbes...............

Donnelly.............Rowson............Lawless

...........................Craig..............................

Get rid of these underperforming youngsters!

Erskine and Doolan are older than Lawless and Forbes.