Livi 2-2 Partick - Sat 5Th Dec '13 - Livitv Match Highlights

LIVItv

Welsh had to go for sure no questions there.

Smith isn't my cup ot tea when it comes to Goalies.

Why did Livi build what looks like a great stadium when it's only 1/16th full?

Were they expecting the Great Glasgow,Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth Population Explosion to relocate or what?

Why did Livi build what looks like a great stadium when it's only 1/16th full?

Were they expecting the Great Glasgow,Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth Population Explosion to relocate or what?

It was to meet the old SPL requirement of 10,000 seats. I heard they're planning on moving to a smaller place at some point, but don't quote me on that.

We could, and probably should, have buried the game, but I think that would have been harsh on Livi. Absolutely cracking strike for their first goal, there isn't much you can do about those.

edit: excellent highlights again from LiviTV.

Edited by Lin1876

Realised Doolan's name is spelt wrong (at first goal) and also credited Livi incorrectly with the first goal (1-0).

Will get these edited out shortly.

**edited** That's the above fixed now.

Edited by LIVItv

Erskine should of done better at the final goal. Really annoys me when a player is just on and he doesnt close down the livi player and gives space to pick out a pass inside. Send that to Motherwell.

We definitely had the more clear cut chances (two) where as livi had more half chances and no real clear cut opportunities (their free kick was deflected onto the crossbar). Draw seems fair I guess but could of had the win - a championship winning team tends to get the luck and unfortunately we arent just now. Also Welsh knew about his yellow clearly, just momentarilly saw red (pardon the pun).

p.s. cant be bothered reading over this so apologies for spelling/grammer/whatever. Night

Archie is defending too deep for their second goal. If he takes a step or two forward then he gets a block on that shot.

That Welsh tackle is crazy.

I think Jackie will get a grip on the red cards situation. Just give him time to work with the players. It is the biggest problem we have at the moment.

Edited by Alan Murray

Looking at this 7 points out of 9 from Livvy is great form. Nice football team but I thought Smith was poor and with Fox in goals it could have been 9 out of 9. Have we signed Smith? Thought he had been released.

Not sure when Smith finishes up. He was at Firhill today, taking a kit bag with him. Maybe staying until the game on Saturday?

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Paton's role in Livi's first goal. He should've done much better.

With every passing week I think potty trained might be right and we'd do well to reinstate Murray to take some of the defensive responsibility off of Paton.

Paton was at fault for the goal but the reason why more hasn't been made of it is probably because he was absolutely immense in the rest of the match. Even with that mistake I would say he was probably our Man of the match, along with Arcie.

Was that Balatoni that lost his footing in the box just before the final goal? He seems to slip more often than anyone else in the team: is he wearing the wrong kind of studs?

Sure was and he slips continuously. In addition he is prone toball watching.

Paton was at fault for the goal but the reason why more hasn't been made of it is probably because he was absolutely immense in the rest of the match. Even with that mistake I would say he was probably our Man of the match, along with Arcie.

Archie's part in the 2nd goal has been questioned when it's nowhere near as bad as Paton's mishit straight to the Livi player before failing to stop the shot so it can't be that. Also Smith was being blamed for the 1st from some when he did rather well on Saturday too and was clearly less at fault than Paton.

Archie's part in the 2nd goal has been questioned when it's nowhere near as bad as Paton's mishit straight to the Livi player before failing to stop the shot so it can't be that. Also Smith was being blamed for the 1st from some when he did rather well on Saturday too and was clearly less at fault than Paton.

Total schoolboy defending for both goals, we really need to tighten up at the back, great finish from Craig, but he was guilty of missing a sitter to give us the 3 point's, onward's and upward's, moan the Jag's.