Mccourt And Balde

martyptfc

Balde is only 37. If there was any possibility of him signing, which I doubt, I reckon the big man could do us a turn. That said, there are other areas of the pitch that we could do with strengthening.

As for the McCourt chat, that's just wishful thinking. If he's still at Celtic beyond January then it may be plausible that he could join on an emergency loan for game time to put himself in the shop window but even then, I would severely doubt it.

I heard the McCourt rumour on Saturday. No doubt that's just what it is, a rumour. Tho' I doubt there's anything to it it's not that unlikely if Celtic require him to get game time (as far as I'm aware the fella averages about the last 20 mins of a game every fortnight). I think we tick a few boxes from Celtic's point of view and perhaps the Slane loan could have something to do with it. But we'd be expected to start McCourt and play him for most of a game. Not sure we'd want Lawless* or Erskine sitting on the bench to accommodate him.

*Obviously Stevie's injury now comes into play but this rumour was doing the rounds before the game.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Wee Stevie has tweeted this

Steven Lawless@StevenLawless91

My brother says the fans were singing for me when I was going off, Can't remember tbh! Thanks for the support tho!!

For everybody that asked its a fractured cheekbone, so hopefully won't be out for too long. #PartickThistle thanks for the support!

Edited by Lindau

Wee Stevie has tweeted this

My brother says the fans were singing for me when I was going off, Can't remember tbh! Thanks for the support tho!!

For everybody that asked its a fractured cheekbone, so hopefully won't be out for too long. #PartickThistle thanks for the support!

Should have told him it was the Scottish Cup final and got him back on...

McCourt as cover for Lawless would be alright, we don't really have anyone else who can play that role although I woudln't be surprised if Bannigan could turn his hand to it.

Bannigan played in the left wing role and Erskine behind him a month or so ago in a game at Firhill, can't remember who against though.

So Bannigan could play left wing and erskine on the right wing.

Has Bannigan come straight through our youth system or did we pick him up from someone else's youth team? His ability to slot in anywhere is great and even more so considering we haven't produced a player that can play in ANY position for about 10 years.

Official site a bit sketchy - "Mifielder Stuart had already featured for the reserve team before joining the club full-time as a Modern Apprentice in the summer of 2009."

Can only assume he got himself a trial after impressing with his local boys club or something similar?

Has Bannigan come straight through our youth system or did we pick him up from someone else's youth team? His ability to slot in anywhere is great and even more so considering we haven't produced a player that can play in ANY position for about 10 years.

Bannigan came from Celtic a couple of years ago.

Papers reporting that Stevie will be out for up to 2 months. Given Jackies Celtic connections I wouldnt rule out McCourt. He is not getting any game time at Parkhead so a loan would benefit both parties, especially if they pay most of his wages!

I doubt that, after signing up Craig, we could afford any of McCourt's wages. McGuigan, Craigen (both 2 year deals) and Elliot deserve a chance after their loan periods.