Pttv: Cowdenbeath Highlights

fritzy

He is class, you do not drop him, we have the right players to cover any weakness he has and we now look like scoring from every set piece. It is a pleasure to watch this team, for how much longer who knows but lets just enjoy it for now.

In all my time following the Jags I've never actually expected us to score from a corner. Until now.

• Members

The pass from Forbes around about a minute into the highlights is fantastic. Too bad Bannigan was ruled off side, that pass deserved a goal from the move, class.

Erskine hits an equally good pass as well that Stuart gets to and cuts back. Often criticised for his passing (including by me!), Chris is capable of also opening up defences with a "killer" pass.

David McCallum put the lettering and number on my 2000/01 away top.

The manager in Greaves urged me to get McCallum on the back, but David pointed out that getting the number 16 instead of 8 would be more expensive.

Edited to add: Yes, I'm on first name terms with him. Actually met him a few years later as I served the bar at a QP game and he was a coach there. I told him the above story, he then pointed out Danny Lennon (whose name I got printed on my top those several years back) was standing at the other end of the room as a coach at Gretna, who had just beaten QP.

Edited by twinny

Forbes has the best delivery out of any player we've had in the last 20 years. Chic's was good but never as consistant as Forbes. Can't think of anyone else that comes close.

If you forget about general fitness etc and it was just crossing from a wide position then the only one I can come up with is Ricky Waddell.