Hugh Murray

erty13

Murray playing is a pathetic excuse for not wanting to go IMO. It sounds like weans at school.

The guy was constantly goading into losing the heid and he got sent off. Forbes and Paton have been sent off this season and it's cost us points yet they are ok?

For the majority of the game Murray had Morton's best players (Bachirou and Tidser) in his back pocket which shows he is still good enough to play.

• Like 2

I haven't been a fan of Hugh Murray and was disappointed when I saw he was playing today though I could understand the logic of having his experience particularly with Archie not in the side.

A few people seemed to think he was having a good game but I can't say I agree - at best he was ok...apart from the kamikaze pass to Fox in the first half and the numerous free kicks he gave away. But for me the biggest problem is that he is a very limited player in a team that is striving to play a sharp pass and move style...when he gets the ball, his first instinct seems to turn and play a short pass back to our central defenders then doesn't make space to build an attack leaving little option other than to punt the ball forward.

I actually thought he was the victim of a ridiculous challenge and didn't do much more than make towards the Morton player in an aggressive manner...but for a player whose main asset is as an old head to behave like a hothead is no use to the club.

Three sendings off in a season is unacceptable.

good post m8.

If Murray didn't get sent off I would be saying he had the best game in a jags shirt. People who say otherwise simply don't know how football works or just have unrealistic expectations of our players. We are a team. It works by different people doing different jobs that allow their strengths to come through. Murray isn't there to drive forward, he is there to disrupt the opponent, break up play, pass to our flair players and be there as a back up option to pass to if anyone is in trouble. He did all of this.

The hand ball is awful, thought at the time it was stupid and the videos confirmed it. Just no need. He must be due a lengthy suspension now.

• Like 1

Hugh Murray, aka "Agent H.M." on the Morton payroll. Either that, or he's painfully aware that he can't keep up with the pace of the game and so resorts to thuggery. Since the season started he's been doing serious damage to our promotion prospects. No ifs or buts, get rid of him right now. Farm in out on permanent loan to the juniors, where his particular talents may be more appreciated.

• Like 1

thankfully the red card did not cost us all 3 points. but his overall display was not good it has to be said. murrey seems to be blind in his right eye, not once in the game did he pass the ball out to the right, he seemed content to play safe and go back the way or give it out left to sinclair who along with welsh had a nightmare by the way. time for a wee rest for all of them.

Welsh certainly had a few scary moments, getting beaten for pace, in the first half. But don't forget that the guy is being played totally out of position. Neither of their goals can be attributed to Welsh.He's a midfielder, and hopefully without the thug, that's where he'll start on Tuesday.

I haven't been a fan of Hugh Murray and was disappointed when I saw he was playing today though I could understand the logic of having his experience particularly with Archie not in the side.

Three sendings off in a season is unacceptable.

Three sendings off in little more than half a season, you mean. He can probably manage at least another one, if he gets the chance.

Welsh certainly had a few scary moments, getting beaten for pace, in the first half. But don't forget that the guy is being played totally out of position. Neither of their goals can be attributed to Welsh.He's a midfielder, and hopefully without the thug, that's where he'll start on Tuesday.

why is he a thug?

paul paton banzo even squidgy have put in tackles worse than him and as for the "headbutt" i have watched arron(both of them) banzo and PP do this, so whats the difference?

yes he was daft and should have walked away but a thug :thinking:

The difference is that he had already been booked in this game AND sent off at the same venue earlier in the season AND he knows what normally happens when we get players sent off. We lose points. Yesterday, we didn't lose points but we had been under severe pressure and there was still 5 to 10 mins to go. He is an experienced player and IF Morton had scored again, then it was probably league over. That is why it was so unacceptable

The difference is that he had already been booked in this game AND sent off at the same venue earlier in the season AND he knows what normally happens when we get players sent off. We lose points. Yesterday, we didn't lose points but we had been under severe pressure and there was still 5 to 10 mins to go. He is an experienced player and IF Morton had scored again, then it was probably league over. That is why it was so unacceptable

didnt say he wasnt daft, i asked why Jaggernaut thought he was a thug and the above were not

If I recall correctly Murray's first red card was for a dubious last man foul.

His second was a 50-50 ball which ended in a player breaking his leg. Maybe slightly harsh in relation to to the actual tackle but correct due to the injury as most people on here accepted.

His second yellow yesterday was stupid beyond belief. He won the foul and should have just walked away. However note the goading of that rat Weatherson as he left the pitch and the reaction if the Morton players. He was just stupid and let them get to him.

To call him a thug is just daft though. O'Donnell, Sinclair, Archibald, Craig, Paton to name just a few have all done similar or worse over the last couple of seasons. Paton could have broken May's leg at Hamilton with that lunge, which was far worse than anything yesterday, but he is just 'committed' whilst Murray reacts to a foul and gets called a thug? What the hell was that Thistle hero Chic Charnley then?

Welsh, Paton and Forbes red cards were far more costly this season. But then again they aren't this season's scapegoats.

I'll be waiting for the booing a la Stevie Fulton every time he touches the ball in the games he plays, judging by the reaction if some on here.

I don't get the rage on here towards Murray. Granted he did 2 daft things but someone of the stuff on here is crazy.

I'm guessing if it was someone like Erskine then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

What Archie thought about Shug's day-

I thought he was outstanding today though. With me not playing he and Steven Craig gave us a bit of experience and I thought that they were both fantastic.

• Like 1

why is he a thug?

paul paton banzo even squidgy have put in tackles worse than him and as for the "headbutt" i have watched arron(both of them) banzo and PP do this, so whats the difference?

yes he was daft and should have walked away but a thug :thinking:

Thuggish tackle got him rightly sent off last time. Screaming into his face and making out as if to stick the heid on the guy yesterday. Sorry if it doesn't meet your approval, but for me that's a thug.

and the difference between that and the other players mentioned?

He makes a habit of it.

There'll be no booing of him from me if he gets picked for the team again. But if he does, then my optimism about our mostly young and good-footballing team will diminish as soon as I hear his name being read out. I'd simply prefer that he didn't figure again.

Edited by Jaggernaut

i thought he was having a good game yesterday, before he lost it.

couldn't really see the penalty incident from where i was standing, but the youtube clip is pretty conclusive.

really daft thing to handle as there was a jags player right behind him, who looked in the process of jumping to block it.

the sending off was madness, an experienced player like him should know better.

He makes a habit of it.

There'll be no booing of him from me if he gets picked for the team again. But if he does, then my optimism about our mostly young and good-footballing team will diminish as soon as I hear his name being read out. I'd simply prefer that he didn't figure again.

whats a habit 3, 4 he was daft as were forbes paton and wesh

Jeezus, you Murray's faither or something? He's been sent off THREE times this season. No more "discussion" with you on this. In my and many other people's book, he's a liability, and I stick to my description.

so one of the better players yesterday doing what most of the other players have done (but maybe not caught) ahh scapegoat jumps to mind

He played well for most of the match. Disappointed with him at the handball and downright raging at him about the sending off (let's not call it a headbutt, please, they were just squaring up to one another). He comes with experience, but does he come with self-discipline? We needed him on the pitch for the full 90, as we need all our players, and he's let us down. But he's not the first player to do something stupid while wearing the Red & Yellow of Partick Thistle and won't be the last, so I'm not calling for him to never play for us again. Now that we've got a full squad to pick from he won't play again until someone picks up an injury anyway. He's not first choice.

Edited by ThickAsThieves