Irn Bru Youth Competition

Fawlty Towers

The more I see the results of this comp. the more I wonder if it isn't a fix. How many supporters do Cowden have, and what is the size of the place? How can they possibly be out in front, even if their weans' milk formula is made with Irn Bru instead of water?

I am sure that a club which Donald Findlay is involved with will be doing everything by the rules :innocent2:

Lets make sure we win and that keeps everything nice and straightforward.

Spoke to Michelle Evans on Saturday and she knows that there are people out there who will be bringing their cans along during the week (a Boys Brigade company have 650) as well as arranging to collect cans at various collection points. If you have any cans stored up please remember to bring them along to Firhill by Friday afternoon (or Saturday night if you are going to the POTY night).

With us running 2 more youth teams next season it would be nice to leave the SFL with a cheque for £10,000 tucked away and the the more we can raise for youth development this way the less has to be taken out of Archie's budget.

Thanks for your support!

I'm just glad it's coming to an end. I have a couple of hundred cans to drop off but I'm getting too many strange looks from people every time I pick them up off the ground. Also is roadkill cans counted too, cause there's a few flattened ones out on my street?

Good on you.

"Roadkill cans" :D

The night of the Raith game i went up with 3 black bags full of cans walking up from the Firhill complex with them.

This embarrassed my lad who said it looked as if i had raided a skip and he walked a bit infront not helping me carry them.

Being part of the youth set up this will be of help to him but it's not cool in his eyes.

I pick a "roadkill" can up now if i see one just to annoy him. :D

That's about 600 cans so far and hopefully another bag still to get in but could've been alot more if i started collecting earlier.

Big thanks to McCallums Cafe in Cambuslang who collected most of the cans for me (advertising plug) :D

Big thanks to McCallums Cafe in Cambuslang who collected most of the cans for me (advertising plug) :D

You from Cambuslang then? While out with the dog, I have been cleaning up the park one Barrs can at a time (as well as the many dumped on the streets between home and the station). Didn't actually count them, but ended up with three bags handed in. Would probably have been more if it had been Glens Vodka or Buckie that sponsored the SFL...... Official voluntary park clean-up is due a week after the deadline for the SFL comp.... Bad timing!

The most recent update is here:

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

As I said in an earlier post there are still lots of bags at Firhill to be collected for the final count and others that people are to bring along this week so lets keep getting as many cans in as possible so that we can earn as much cash as possible for our expanding youth set up.

Thanks for your support!

I received a very positive e-mail from Michelle Evans today, a large number of cans were dropped off at Firhill today and she was out collecting from various locations as well wth excellent results - we are still in with a shout of winning this! There are still cans to be collected tomorrow and if you have any cans to drop off then please get them to Firhill either during business hours on Friday or bring them along to the POTY event on Saturday if you are attending that.

Lets have one big final effort to win this!

Thanks for your support!

I received a very positive e-mail from Michelle Evans today, a large number of cans were dropped off at Firhill today and she was out collecting from various locations as well wth excellent results - we are still in with a shout of winning this! There are still cans to be collected tomorrow and if you have any cans to drop off then please get them to Firhill either during business hours on Friday or bring them along to the POTY event on Saturday if you are attending that.

Thanks for your support!

Yes lets have one BIG final effort getting those cans in.

£10000 for 1st to £2500 for 3rd is a big drop and this money will be of great help to the youth squads as they go into the Performance Tier next season.

Lets get first place folks.

Edited by billko

Thanks for your support!

Does anyone know what time the Aitken Suite is open from tonight, as I have one final black bag of cans to drop off?

I am not attending the Player of the Year Dance, but will drive into Glasgow and drop off the cans if possible, just need to know what time Firhill is open from?

Does anyone know what time the Aitken Suite is open from tonight, as I have one final black bag of cans to drop off?

I am not attending the Player of the Year Dance, but will drive into Glasgow and drop off the cans if possible, just need to know what time Firhill is open from?

The POTY event starts at 8pm and the handover of sponsored tops is at 7pm.

Just to say thanks to everyone who has (or will later today) contributed to this - hopefully it will result in us receiving a good sized amount of cash for youth development.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe something to do with the colour scheme of the cans. The h uns use them to decorate their hovels.

No they wouldn't as i gave in around 600 to Thistle

Rangers getting involved would be a bit unfair don't you think?

Not a great effort by Thistle but better than nothing i suppose

Edited by billko