Gareth Evans ?

Harry Wragg

I think if things go wrong in the next few weeks then thats it. In all honesty I would prefer Evans in than Archie. If it doesnt work then it doesnt work. I have no affiliation with Evans so couldnt really care if we then ditch him at the end of the season. Would be worse if things didnt work out for Archie and then a legend leaves on bad terms.

Archie isnt a manager, he is a coach and has said so himself in the past. But only an idiot, at his stage in his career, would turn down the chance to manage us.

Surprised some people are quite so defensive over Archie getting it til lthe end of the season and why people are saying Evans has done nothing to prove he is the man? At the moment Livi are playing better football than us, and have been since about week 12 of the season. He has no money, young players, and is getting the most out of them. What has archie achieved before he was stated?? What had Jackie achieved before us?? Nothing in terms of management.

Also winning 1 - 0 at home to a crap Hamilton team, a crap Airdrie team isn'y exactly brilliant. We drew with a Morton team that certainly were not firing on all cylinders and we were losing to a Cowdenbeath side that had a defence pieced together last minute (also being completely torn apart in the second half and no way were getting anything from that game). All be it, the players missed a few chances in the Airdrie and Cowden games that should of killed it off before half time.

In all honesty, I am not saying I want Archie out or Evans in. But I would prefer the season to rest on Evans shoulders than Archie - would obviously like him to stay as a coach. Best of both worlds surely? It looks like its Archies job to lose.

Omg how many times are we going to here this ? It's about supporting team not slating people . Some people need to do their homework bollan got that team where they are , Archie knows the team and firhill inside out so show some respect end of

Discussion is healthy and I haven't read anything that is disrespectfull towards Archie.

• Like 1

Well said jaggernut he has won 7 points out of 9 and they will continue to do so

6 easy points and only 1-0 each time in "grind out wins " and a point which should and could have been 3 but for team choice ie Murray playing at crappielow !! I'm not slating Archie as such , I just don't think he's our man right now !! Whats happened to the comp for Jackie Mac ? We couldve brot Phil Brown in for a 3 month spell and see what he did for us but as it stands I'm very disappointed in what I've seen so far under Archie

he got Livi sitting 4th and playing the 2nd best football in the league this season and we wouldnt have to put up with ugly football for the last 14 games this year , unless of course you have some H*n blood in you and are quite happy to watch crap being played week in week out !!!

Below the belt with the H*n comment.

How many times have you seen livi to comment on how good their football is? I'm not anti-Evans, i just dont get the clamour by some to get him

The club have received 40 applications, the Board will wittle that down to around 12 then use contacts within the game to get more info on those and if they are the right fit for the club. That will reduce the number down to about 6 (Archie will be one of them) and they will all be interviewed and the best one selected. There is no fixed timescale for this.

Evans, if he has applied, will be considered along with Archie and the other applicants, e.g. Phil Brown. Archie, unlike the other applicants, is rightly guaranteed an interview. That demonstrated clearly the respect that the board have for him. If his results are good, and I hope they will be, he will be the favourite.

There could be an outstanding candidate who convinces the board that he is the right man for the job. If so, the club should appoint him. However, the outstanding candidate(s) will be applying for other jobs, e.g. Hearts. We should totally support whoever is appointed in this crucial season for our club.

Below the belt with the H*n comment.

How many times have you seen livi to comment on how good their football is? I'm not anti-Evans, i just dont get the clamour by some to get him

Any "clamour" on here is irrelevant as Beattie has outlined a clear appointment process.

I never heard one positive comment at the end of our dismal showing last week against the bottom of the table !! Poorest game so far and if thats a sample of whats in store for the run in then " may the gods help us out !!" ............please !!!

How about "we won" or "it was a sublime goal".

Wind yer neck in.

6 easy points and only 1-0 each time in "grind out wins " and a point which should and could have been 3 but for team choice ie Murray playing at crappielow !! I'm not slating Archie as such , I just don't think he's our man right now !! Whats happened to the comp for Jackie Mac ? We couldve brot Phil Brown in for a 3 month spell and see what he did for us but as it stands I'm very disappointed in what I've seen so far under Archie

We should not be taking teams for Granted remember Hamilton and Airdrie are fighting for their lives. Prior to the 2 games against them Under Archie we lost the last game against Accies and we only got a draw against Airdrie when Jackie was under charge. We won and got 6 points under Archie for all we know Evans could have been appointed and lost one of those games

Sittin here at home and feelin like a real a*****e after t odays result, wasnt there , ( 1st miss in about 20 ganes) but still feel the same , we played a team of dejected players and who wouldnt be when you dont get paid ? Sorry bit we need a manager who is able to separate himself from the guys on the park and at this time Archie isnt that man !! Sure we got a result , altho sounds like we were content to do it in 45 mins , well sorry I pay for 90 mins , so my point remains , defensive crap will NOT win us this league !!

• Like 1

Sittin here at home and feelin like a real a*****e after t odays result, wasnt there , ( 1st miss in about 20 ganes) but still feel the same , we played a team of dejected players and who wouldnt be when you dont get paid ? Sorry bit we need a manager who is able to separate himself from the guys on the park and at this time Archie isnt that man !! Sure we got a result , altho sounds like we were content to do it in 45 mins , well sorry I pay for 90 mins , so my point remains , defensive crap will NOT win us this league !!

Ok 'the man' - how many user IDs do you have?

I've no idea if Archie is - pardon the pun - the man - however, we're too far into the season to risk upheaval. Keep on keepin' on.

• Like 1

Days like today can't help your condition !

We are all hanging in with you !

Days like today can't help your condition !

We are all hanging in with you !

ffs not long to go !!! so ok hang in wi Archie and then what ? a sh***y one year in the top flight ? today was a great result but lets get back to reality !! we need to adopt the same positive style for the remainder of the season or we wont attract the stayawys for the spl next year !!

Total guff! 'Defensive'??? We won 4-0 and no Dunfermline did not lie down today, they were a bit of a wounded animal. Nor did we play defensive football, we shut them down in the 2nd half - like a professional championship winning team would do.

This forum is slowly but surely being taken over by total morons who think we should be leading the world with our own unique brand of total football. Unfortunately, opponents tactics, pitch sizes and pitch conditions in SFL1 conspire against us sometimes and we have to adjust our style of play, but we played some lovely football in the 1st half.

I may not like Ross county's style of play and hope we don't revert to that but 'being hard to beat' won them the league last year! So yes defensive crap can win the league (Morton seem to agree)

On that note I bid u farewell from this forum. If certain near suicidal posters want to bore everyone then so be it but I can't be bothered with this nonsense anymore and I bid you (fair, well balanced people) farewell.

Archie might turn out to be a good manager, or might not. Let's face it; even Archie himself will be wondering about this. And sometimes these things work out. Let's just wait and see... so far so good. And a wee bit of credit is still due to Ian McCall for some of our best players that are getting close to legendary status.

• Like 2

ffs not long to go !!! so ok hang in wi Archie and then what ? a sh***y one year in the top flight ? today was a great result but lets get back to reality !! we need to adopt the same positive style for the remainder of the season or we wont attract the stayawys for the spl next year !!

You must be a wind up merchant.

There is no way you can believe this shite.

Total guff! 'Defensive'??? We won 4-0 and no Dunfermline did not lie down today, they were a bit of a wounded animal. Nor did we play defensive football, we shut them down in the 2nd half - like a professional championship winning team would do.

This forum is slowly but surely being taken over by total morons who think we should be leading the world with our own unique brand of total football. Unfortunately, opponents tactics, pitch sizes and pitch conditions in SFL1 conspire against us sometimes and we have to adjust our style of play, but we played some lovely football in the 1st half.

I may not like Ross county's style of play and hope we don't revert to that but 'being hard to beat' won them the league last year! So yes defensive crap can win the league (Morton seem to agree)

On that note I bid u farewell from this forum. If certain near suicidal posters want to bore everyone then so be it but I can't be bothered with this nonsense anymore and I bid you (fair, well balanced people) farewell.

Agree with everything, except that the morons are still n the minority and being shouted down. Shame they don't listen