Just In...from Queue For Cup Final Tickets

thebiglemon

With all due respect, and I do think the final should have been at a bigger venue to accommodate everyone, there have been a lot of chances to buy tickets for anyone that wanted one. The tickets were available from 1:30pm, it wasn't exactly outwith the realms of possibility that they would sell out before kickoff.

Like I said still farcical that people who want to go are being made to miss out. Hope you get something sorted.

Just in from the que at 2:18? Why didn't u stay for the Livingston game?

Main reason: my mate not available, hate going myself, wouldn't have been at Firhill were it not for the tickets and only getting them for a mate in Shetland who missed out on the first batch

Secondary reasons: Seen Livi twice this season already

Might have stayed but 1.5 hours hanging around alone after already hanging around for 1.5 hours didn't appeal

Don't know why I have to justify myself to anyone but there you go.

Main reason: my mate not available, hate going myself, wouldn't have been at Firhill were it not for the tickets and only getting them for a mate in Shetland who missed out on the first batch

Secondary reasons: Seen Livi twice this season already

Might have stayed but 1.5 hours hanging around alone after already hanging around for 1.5 hours didn't appeal

Don't know why I have to justify myself to anyone but there you go.

Bet you wish you had stayed! Wish i'd been able to go today but work commitments stopped me as they do every 2nd week :-(

Calm down dear.

I would be very surprised if there is 8,000 there with Thistle having only sold approx 2500 and QotS wanting < 3000.

Anyway New Love Street is closer to both grounds and there will be less empty seats, therefore it is a better option iMO.

Who said that?

Am I right in saying 1 forum user doesn't have a ticket... Because they turned up at 2.40.

Who said that?

Am I right in saying 1 forum user doesn't have a ticket... Because they turned up at 2.40.

The forum isn't as representative of Thistle fans as a whole as some may think.

Also, my girlfriend asked if she can come to Glasgow that weekend and if she could get a ticket... at 6pm yesterday evening. Whoops!

Ah right, it was just one person? I thought you meant it was a consensus.

Can we take The Cup's comments as the polar opposite of yours and be thankful that everyone in the middle was correct?

Anyway, we should be focusing on criticising the SFL's decision due to lack of pubs for folks who can only enjoy the game, drunk.

Can we take The Cup's comments as the polar opposite of yours and be thankful that everyone in the middle was correct?

Anyway, we should be focusing on criticising the SFL's decision due to lack of pubs for folks who can only enjoy the game, drunk.

You can actually go to a pub without getting drunk. Absolutely nothing wrong with a pre-match pint. It's part of the match-day experience. Edited by Charlie Endell

No.
  • Like 1

It would seem queens allocation was spot on...

It was notable on Thursday when the last 200 went on sale that the phones were constant until about 10am by which time we'd sold circa 170 and then when everyone who desperately wanted them had got them the demand just died. It took another 2 - 3 hours to sell the last 30.

Don't know if anyone in the S & G noticed the elderly gentleman with the two walking sticks, He's been supporting the Jags since 1946. A true fan would be a gross understatement.

Yesterday was the second time he travelled by bus and taxi from his home in West Fife to queue for a ticket having missed out when the last batch was on sale. The gentleman obviously has a severe mobility problem but queued for best part of an hour for his ticket, presumably having to climb the two flights of stairs into the bargain. Anyway when he returned he was as pleased as Punch to finally get his ticket but unfortunately he was too cold and exhausted to return for the match. Had it not been for the cold I'm sure we could've got him up to the JHS. I had my car yesterday and would've been only too pleased to drop the gent back in W Fife (on my way home). Being the fan he is he was obviously upset to miss the Livi game but I'm sure he made the right choice health wise. I trust the result warmed him up.

In no way am I blaming the Club for the exceptional inconvenience this elderly fan had to endure. It's just a pity we were unaware beforehand as I'm certain we could've helped out. More's the point, and I'm as guilty as the next, I think it puts our many grumbles about ticketing, seating, travel, matchday experiences etc into perspective.

Also a big thumbs up to Michael in the S & G who regularly organises taxis to the bus station for this gentleman and I believe gave him a lift up to the Firhill offices yesterday. :thumbsup2: