Just In V Livingston

Camallain

An all-round excellent performance from the lads today. The midfield dominated the show, wee Lawless was superb and Erskine scored an outrageous goal. Good to see Dools get 45 minutes too.

My only complaint concerns those fans who, at 6-1 up, decided it was okay to boo the team when they were maintaining possession rather than throwing everyone forward. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

• Like 4

Livi have gone downhill since Gareth Evans left them unlike ourselves who have maintained a winning streak since the turncoat left us, not sure of we can claim this to be the best performance, more a case of a very poor one from Livi, but good nevertheless, best game so far is still the 5-1 win at firhill against Dungfermline who I sincerely hope will survive their problems so we can hammer them again at home !!

Young Welsh couple behind me had been to see Newco earlier.

Glad they finally got to see a decent game.

Did the club actively encourage Welsh fans?

These 2 said they had picked something up on Twitter from the club.

If so, we'll done to the club for this wee initiative, must have swelled the crowd quite a bit. And good to see the banner in the North stand.

We did a bit of work on twitter on this. I say 'work' but it was hardly that. Found a couple of Welsh football twitter feeds, posted details of the game and asked for a retweet. Also found the #walesaway hashtag and tweeted using that. Got a bit of interaction and shared a few more details on the game and Thistle.

They might have come to the game anyway but we've had nothing but positive feedback from the Wales fans on their Firhill experience. Whatever it was that brought them to the game it's brilliant that they've left with a positive image of Partick Thistle as a club and nothing but warm thoughts about the fans.

I'm finding Social Media and increasingly effective way of promoting the Club and in terms of bringing the Club and fans closer together. It helps, obviously, that we are having an excellent season.

• Like 8

I'm finding Social Media and increasingly effective way of promoting the Club and in terms of bringing the Club and fans closer together. It helps, obviously, that we are having an excellent season.

I think as a club we do the Twitter thing very very well, so if it's you that's leading it all, well done.

The wee things like players pre-match saying before the match how buzzing they are about the game, and about half 5 they all stream on saying 'great win. Great to have Paton back' etc. I can't imagine not having that now.

I'm sure it bumps up our crowd in some respect. Say Conrad says 'Huge game today. Really need your support'. I'm sure that will sway a couple of people here and there to make the effort to games.

So much about the club is good just now. Well done to all concerned.

The wee things like players pre-match saying before the match how buzzing they are about the game, and about half 5 they all stream on saying 'great win. Great to have Paton back' etc. I can't imagine not having that now.

I'm sure it bumps up our crowd in some respect. Say Conrad says 'Huge game today. Really need your support'. I'm sure that will sway a couple of people here and there to make the effort to games.

The players are great on twitter. Big fan of Conrad's keeks.

It's all pretty much unprompted and personally I think it reflects on the great sense of togetherness at the Club at the moment. It's by far the best I've experienced; even in previous successful seasons.

Just as a general point; I don't think I've ever enjoyed a season as much as this one. Or enjoyed watching a Thistle team as much as I do this one.

If (please, please make it 'when') we win the league I'm going to greet like a big wean!

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 1

The players are great on twitter. Big fan of Conrad's keeks.

It's all pretty much unprompted and personally I think it reflects on the great sense of togetherness at the Club at the moment. It's by far the best I've experienced; even in previous successful seasons.

I think Conrad is just a nice, nice guy. Seems the most likeable out of all of them, although I don't think there's any bad guys in the team.

You can tell a lot of the guys are actually pals if you follow them on Twitter. A lot of them have lived together, go on nights out together etc. I think it shows in the way we play, celebrate, fight for each other. Great time to be a Thistle fan

• Like 1

My only complaint concerns those fans who, at 6-1 up, decided it was okay to boo the team when they were maintaining possession rather than throwing everyone forward. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

While 6-1 is a great score, if it comes down to goal difference at the end of the season then we may regret not taking more goals when very little effort was required.

We could and should have had double figures in at least 3 games this season.

• Members

With 2 games a week (weather permitting) coming up, taking the foot off the pedal yesterday after about 65 minutes was the correct thing to do. Livvy had pretty much chucked it as well by that time and without trying too much harder, if anyone else was ging to score it was going to be us. Very sensible management from the bench I thought.

While 6-1 is a great score, if it comes down to goal difference at the end of the season then we may regret not taking more goals when very little effort was required.

We could and should have had double figures in at least 3 games this season.

If we win every game by a margin of one goal then morton would need to win by a margin of two for goal difference to swing in their favour.

If we win every game by a margin of one goal then morton would need to win by a margin of two for goal difference to swing in their favour.

If we win every game, goal difference won't matter, even if our 9 points from Dunfermline are removed. It's in the players hands.............. and I think they can do it.

I was quite impressed with the way Livvy were passing the ball about so it was good to get three soft goals to finish the game as a contest. They didn't have Scougall who is a good player, they don't have a manager and don't have much of a travelling support which might explain why they lacked a cutting edge.

Erskine and Lawless were brilliant, Muirhead & Paton excellent and O'Donnell showed a return to form and although Craigen gave possession away a few times he at least showed an impressive willingness to take responsibility. Doolan did well but Elliott's touch was clumsy in comparison.

Edited by Winter of '63