Top Of The League

Harry Wragg

Been going along to Firhill for over 50 years and cant think of a better feeling for the Jags as I have right now !! Peaking at the right time , all the players playing out of their skins , Archie gettin his tactics and subs spot on ( unlike JMcN who was a bit wayward with the subbing !!) and everybody happy !! Great time to be a Jagsman !! C'mon ther Harry Wraggs !!

I might be wrong, but as long as we don't lose to Morton, we can probably afford to draw two of our other games because Morton aren't going to make up a 14 goal difference by the end of the season.

If we don't lose to Morton, we will win the league.

The key to which, imo, is finishing the game with the same number of players who started it. :)

The key to which, imo, is finishing the game with the same number of players who started it. :)

Agreed, since Archie took over only Murray has been sent off - and that was Archie's first match. Team seem less flamboyant than under McN but have more steel to them. Defence is solid and over last few games strikers have regained confidence, hence the flood of goals.

The only question is, can we keep this up for 8 more games? If we do, we win the league

• Like 1

Much to play for and Morton have, in my opinion, the slightly "easier" (being a relative term) run-in. If they beat us at Firhill I fear they will win the league.

Can't think why you think that, both Thistle and Morton play Raith, (we play them twice) Airdrie, Falkirk and Dunfermline, other games, they have Livingston away and we have Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton both away. I'm happy we are not up against Livingston again, who I think are the best football team we have played this season.

Much to play for and Morton have, in my opinion, the slightly "easier" (being a relative term) run-in. If they beat us at Firhill I fear they will win the league.

No we have the easier run-in. We have a home game against one of the teams below us whereas they travel to rampant league leaders Partick Thistle, desperately in need of a win.

Can't think why you think that, both Thistle and Morton play Raith, (we play them twice) Airdrie, Falkirk and Dunfermline, other games, they have Livingston away and we have Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton both away. I'm happy we are not up against Livingston again, who I think are the best football team we have played this season.

That was my opinion of them after their first game at Firhill, but 2nd time around they were very limp. I actually thought that Dumbarton knocked the ball around almost as well as Livi.

That was my opinion of them after their first game at Firhill, but 2nd time around they were very limp. I actually thought that Dumbarton knocked the ball around almost as well as Livi.

both of the away games, 2-1 for the Jags and the 2-2 draw they were a joy to watch. However, if I'm correct, the last game at Firhill I don't think they had a manager in charge of the team.

While its in our hands to ensure it doesn't go to last day of season, IF it did, i'd have more than a squeeky bum with us having to face Dumbarton away (and the corresponding fixture of our rivals for the title). Dumbo will likely be fighting for their lives and sfl1 status and we did come acropper down there already this season. While Jags support will be noisy and packed, their backing could be on a par. Therefore, it has all the signs of a game that could go either way.

The Greenock Wallapers on other hand have an away trip to Grangemouth, against a team who will have nothing to play for. With a potential large away support packing that stand behind the goals, their support will easily drown out the home support, so both on and off pitch the wallapers will be up for it against a team and support going thruough the last day of season motions.

All the more reason imo to have our destiny decided before 4th May.

7 games before then, a repeat of our form in our last 7, and titles ours before we head down to the Rock.

Doolan to start. They'll be terrified of him. Craig and/or Elliott if and when required. In some ways I think this game is even more important than last night's. Another win, coupled with a slip-up by Morton, then the message is loud and clear to all and sundry: we are winning this.

Agree totally. Doolan will be tightly marked and might not get a sniff but this will open up space for Erskine and Lawless to work their magic.

Ideal.

While its in our hands to ensure it doesn't go to last day of season, IF it did, i'd have more than a squeeky bum with us having to face Dumbarton away (and the corresponding fixture of our rivals for the title). Dumbo will likely be fighting for their lives and sfl1 status and we did come acropper down there already this season. While Jags support will be noisy and packed, their backing could be on a par. Therefore, it has all the signs of a game that could go either way.

The Greenock Wallapers on other hand have an away trip to Grangemouth, against a team who will have nothing to play for. With a potential large away support packing that stand behind the goals, their support will easily drown out the home support, so both on and off pitch the wallapers will be up for it against a team and support going thruough the last day of season motions.

All the more reason imo to have our destiny decided before 4th May.

7 games before then, a repeat of our form in our last 7, and titles ours before we head down to the Rock.

A key to avoiding this situation is another win at Cowdenbeath on Saturday. Not just for the three points in the Bank of Thistle but also helping Dumbarton to free themselves of playoff fears before 4 May.

A key to avoiding this situation is another win at Cowdenbeath on Saturday. Not just for the three points in the Bank of Thistle but also helping Dumbarton to free themselves of playoff fears before 4 May.

Dunfermline will be in the midst of the relegation battle after their points deduction - 31 points or less. Sons should be able to stay up, especially with the Pars releasing 8 of their first-team squad.

Like the stonewaller Forfar never got against us in 92??? Any other circumstances it was a pen but thankfully for us he bottled it! :)

Karma came back when mottram never gave us a stonewaller at tannadice in 96 :-(

Not the same kind of karma.

Hamilton weren't there that day in 92, the last game of the season, but a normal league match - results, goals and refereeing add up over a season.

...and we have paid that back over the years (esp. at NDP, until this month).

A play-off is always going to be different.

Edited by l'escardot