Top Of The League

Harry Wragg

Thistle record in the last 10 games has been the best in Britain I believe... 28 out of 30 points? Can't dispute it, fantastic form. Keep it up and you will indeed win the league.

Thistle now top of the league - the pressure is a bit different in that position. Basically it seems that we're in the situation that Morton can't really afford to drop any points between now and the end of the season.. which is a huge ask. Thistle big favourites right now, but it could all change again in the next week!

No matter what, it has been a great season for both clubs.

• Like 6

Nice to see Greenton acknowledging defeat , still got a few games to go , although at this rate and in this form there is no doubt who will be in the SP Hell next season ,fabulous return to form by Dools and great shape going forward, we're definitely the most entertaining team in Scotland right now , C'mon the Harry Wraggs !!!

Nice to see Greenton acknowledging defeat , still got a few games to go , although at this rate and in this form there is no doubt who will be in the SP Hell next season ,fabulous return to form by Dools and great shape going forward, we're definitely the most entertaining team in Scotland right now , C'mon the Harry Wraggs !!!

Might have to edit a couple posts I made in Craig or Doolan thread. Hopefully he can keep it up and keep Craig out.

Started my day in Novi Sad with a bugger of a hangover, mostly brought on by watching a pile of cowdung last night.

One train to Belgrade, one flight to Podgorica and a three hour drive to Tirana later, and the Jags give me a birthday to remember.

Well done lads. We are top of the league to stay.

Now we need to stay there which is a different pressure still a long way to go but looking good,next two weeks absolutely crucial I reckon

Thistle record in the last 10 games has been the best in Britain I believe... 28 out of 30 points? Can't dispute it, fantastic form. Keep it up and you will indeed win the league.

Thistle now top of the league - the pressure is a bit different in that position. Basically it seems that we're in the situation that Morton can't really afford to drop any points between now and the end of the season.. which is a huge ask. Thistle big favourites right now, but it could all change again in the next week!

No matter what, it has been a great season for both clubs.

I would also say that whoever comes second will probably be the best team not to win this league. No offense, but I do hope it is you !

I must admit I share the general( and frankly eery) sense of optimism that has taken the place over.We're in a great place, in superb form at just the right time of the season. I'm 49/18 and have never enjoyed my football at Firhill so much as I have this season. After too many years of watching dross, my advice to younger supporters is to really enjoy these times. Since for a wee team like ours they don't come along too often. So absolutely no negativity from me, we're gonna win this league pure and simply 'cos we're the best damn football team in it.

Edited by stillresigned

Saturday could be a tough game as Cowdenbeath should have learned a lot about Archie's tactics last night.

The beauty of ARchie is that he seems to be better than Jackie at horses for courses and his substitutions have been pretty much spot on.

He and Shaggy seem to have the nous to mix it and win ugly as well....Looking good...but tough, tough, run in.

• Like 1

^ Archie's comments in the after-match reaction suggest that Paton must be a big doubt for Saturday. Bannigan will probably replace him again. If Craig is available, should he or Doolan start?

Doolan to start. They'll be terrified of him. Craig and/or Elliott if and when required. In some ways I think this game is even more important than last night's. Another win, coupled with a slip-up by Morton, then the message is loud and clear to all and sundry: we are winning this.