Just In From Kircaldy

Fearchar

Jaggernaut said:

"Sure, our defensive record looks excellent since Archie took over, but there can be little denying that we've lost much of our threat from our fullbacks belting down the wings, which they're normally great at doing."

...and yet we've been scoring for fun in that time- averaging 2.4 goals a game since Archie taking over. By comparison we averaged 2.0 goals per game in the 10 games immediately preceding Jackie leaving. And this is just slightly short of the 2.5 average over the first 10 games. So it seems to me Archie's tactics are spot on.

Thanks for that. You're right. We aren't getting as much excitement from the fullbacks, but we're getting it from other areas instead.

Jaggernaut said:

"Sure, our defensive record looks excellent since Archie took over, but there can be little denying that we've lost much of our threat from our fullbacks belting down the wings, which they're normally great at doing."

...and yet we've been scoring for fun in that time- averaging 2.4 goals a game since Archie taking over. By comparison we averaged 2.0 goals per game in the 10 games immediately preceding Jackie leaving. And this is just slightly short of the 2.5 average over the first 10 games. So it seems to me Archie's tactics are spot on.

Been thinking that for a wee while. Let's just say last night was the exception to prove the rule.

Jaggernaut said:

Totally agree. There wasn't a lot wrong with the team before Jackie left but Archie has clearly identified the problems we had away from home. I firmly believe that last nights game would have been lost under Jackie.

If the full backs have had to be reeled in a bit then I'm fine with that. Their duties should be primarily defensive ones anyway.

Totally agree. There wasn't a lot wrong with the team before Jackie left but Archie has clearly identified the problems we had away from home. I firmly believe that last nights game would have been lost under Jackie.

If the full backs have had to be reeled in a bit then I'm fine with that. Their duties should be primarily defensive ones anyway.

Not as if the fullbacks bombing forward away from home was producing scintillating football with Jackie, we were terrible most of the time. I wouldn't say there's been much of a difference with Archie but it's certainly worked so far.

Wasn't at the game but sounds just right according to the commentary on the OF, and from all accounts we played better as a ten man outfit !! Mentioned this earlier , and at the risk of being shot down again , I just want to say that I'm a little concerned with the bickering going on at the back between Muirhead and SoD I think it was both times , we don't need to be fighting amongst ourselves , so an appeal to both players , cool it !! we're nearly there , lets keep the united team spirit going !! 5 points in front now , we should all be very happy and give the guys our fullest possible support from now till May , Lets hear itn for " The Jags " !!!

• Like 1

Can't argue with what other people have said, at the end of the day all teams have an off day and you've just got to accept it as an inevitable part of football. I suppose those who will not accept this intrinsic footballing fact, tend to gravitate to Glasgow's lesser clubs. However, if anyone had offered you the chance of being five points clear, a Diddy Cup final and a home game against your nearest rivals,not to mention a much better goal difference with only six games remaining I can't think of one Thistle supporter who wouldn't have bitten your hand off(actually, I could but best we don't go there). We are in an incredibly strong position and the only reason we'll fail to win the league now is if we're frankly not good enough. The disappointment of last night only shows how far we've come this season, manys the time in the not too distant past when a draw at Stark's Park would have been seen as a creditable achievement. The next week will in all probability decide the future of our club, let's face it with confidence, not arrogance. Above all believe.

• Like 1