Team For Saturday

kni

Feelings/opinions are perhaps heightened as there's a keeper involved and very few have faith in Hinchcliffe and/or Scully (just now at least) but I agree it's not really ammunition for Board bashing. There's oh so much proper ammo already stockpiled for that.

I'm not totally convinced that very last minute may be the eve of a Challenge Cup game or indeed a league cup game the following week. I rather suspect things will be concluded one way or another with the two players in question before the turn of the month but I wouldn't be that startled if it dragged on into August.

Maybe not the challenge cup game but a run in the League cup could possibly produce a bit of cash for the club, a chance of a run in the cup is likely to be reduced considerably with Hinchcliffe in goals.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not the challenge cup game but a run in the League cup could possibly produce a bit of cash for the club, a chance of a run in the cup is likely to be reduced considerably with Hinchcliffe in goals.

If we can't beat Annan with Hinchcliffe in goals we're hardly likely to have a run in the cup even if we got Iker Casillas to go in goals.

Trialists INELIGIBLE for Challenge cup games.

Anyway, I've heard we've signed Marc Wallace from Bishopbriggs so I reckon he'll go straight into the side for Saturday. therefore;

Hinchcliffe

Paton Robertson Maxwell Boyle

Cairney Rowson Hodge

Wallace Buchanan Doolan

I heard this too. Meant to be quite a good player, aswell as a manager in the making.

What age is he? When you say Bishopbriggs do you mean lives there or plays football for a team there? What position he play in? Must admit I have never heard of him but that means nothing.

I believe that you have fallen for a classic "urine take"! :lol:

The Halliwell situation is a joke - we've known for a while now that we need a keeper yet managed to find the money to sign four player-coaches. I'm not a board basher but that is wholly unacceptable

Just as well really, because this sorry state lies firmly on the head of McCall.

Infact I would even go so far as to defend the board on this one. ;)

Just as well really, because this sorry state lies firmly on the head of McCall.

Infact I would even go so far as to defend the board on this one. ;)

I can see your point about McCall having to operate on the budget he is given no matter how small but because the board didnt keep their mouths shut then I cant let them off for scot free either.

Allan Cowan - We have cut the playing budget slightly but we are still confident that Ian has a budget to be challenging for promotion. - Sorry but this is not a budget to be challenging for promotion the fact we can only sign 4 players and none of them on high wages in fact as I understand it Hinchcliffes is so low he works elsewhere outside the club - maybe he is a professional pie eater or something.

Allan Cowan - We may get a couple of new players in - Well there hasnt been a single 'new' player in.

If they came out and stated how perilous the clubs finances were rather than ridiculous comments about how they are in no rush for new signings till July and all this carry on then then I would be less inclined to start blaming them but they have done us no such favours.

Eddie Prentice - Every pound from the Centenary Fund goes to helping the Manager identify and purchase new players - So I was told by him at the Centenary Fund Meet the Manager Night - well what players have we been able to purchase this summer through this fund.

I do agree with you though that McCall should have signed Halliwell before Hinchcliffe

So the team is more likely to be like:

Halliwell

McGeogh Robertson Kinniburgh Boyle

Paton MacBeth Rowson Hodge

Buchanan Grehan

Flannigan might be available if he signs up in time. It was unclear from McCall's statement whether he was only doubtful because he hadn't signed yet or whether he might be unavailable anyway as he was still carrying a knock.

Edited by Mr Bunny

team for Saturday 4-4-2

Halliwell...Rowson...Cairney....Hodge

Is he aware that's he just signed a contract to play in midfield :P

Btw, does anyone know if Erskine is still out with a knock or whether he's fit again ? I'd like to see him play.

Is he aware that's he just signed a contract to play in midfield :P

Btw, does anyone know if Erskine is still out with a knock or whether he's fit again ? I'd like to see him play.

After all the rigmarole in signing him we're surely not going to waste Mr Bryn playing in goals. I know he's left footed but he could be invaluable cutting in from the wing :thumbsup2: .

Assume Erskine wouldn't be match fit with no real pre season behind him. Flannigan may not be fit even if he does sign today.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Looking like:

.................Halliwell

Paton.....Kinniburgh.....Robertson.....Boyle

..MacBeth.....Rowson.....Hodge.....Doolan

..............Buchanan.....Grehan

Subs:

Hinchcliffe

Maxwell

McGeough

Donnelly

Burns

I actually think Doolan might be ok from the left.

To be honest, I'd start 3 in midfield with Donnelly supporting the front 2 of Grehan and Buchanan

Why not even play Donnelly in CM?

Didn't Donnelly in his first season with us play wide right midfield for a while? I seem to remember he did OK there, not having to dig so hard as needed in centre midfield but able to come inside and either pass or shoot. We don't have anyone who can beat a man and get to the byline anyway so why not?

Edited by Mr Bunny

Didn't Donnelly in his first season with us play wide right midfield for a while? I seem to remember he did OK there, not having to dig so hard as needed in centre midfield but able to come inside and either pass or shoot. We don't have anyone who can beat a man and get to the byline anyway so why not?

Donnelly is even less likely to beat a man! Plus he would end up drifting away from RM, leaving a big gap for the opposing LB/LM. Striker or nothing for me.

Donnelly is even less likely to beat a man! Plus he would end up drifting away from RM, leaving a big gap for the opposing LB/LM. Striker or nothing for me.

My point was since we don't have anyone who can do that anyway, it doesn't matter that he can't. I'm sure he played OK there before. Not that I'm advocating it long term, just until the likes of Cairney, Flannagan and Erskine are available.