Team For Saturday

kni

I am expecting the same team that started against Bristol Rovers.

1. Trialist (Bryn Halliwell will hopefully have signed by Saturday)

2. Paul Paton

3. Paddy Boyle

4. Ryan MacBeth

5. John Robertson

6. Willie Kinniburgh

7. Paul Cairney

8. David Rowson

9. Liam Buchanan

10. Bryan Hodge

11. Martin Grehan

subs

12. Craig Hinchliffe

14. Kris Doolan

15. Ian Maxwell

16. Ross McGeough

17. Stuart Bannigan

18. Keiran Burns

Hopefully, Donnelly will be fit, possibly for the bench. I would start Doolan instead of Grehan.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Presuming Halliwell & Flanigan are signed up by Saturday, which I know is a dangeous thing to assume:

...................Halliwell

Paton.....Kinniburgh.....Robertson.....Boyle

.......Flannigan.....Rowson.....Hodge

...................Cairney

.............Buchanan.....Grehan

Subs:

Hinchcliffe

McGeough

MacBeth

Doolan

Donnelly/Burns

MacBeth in for Flannigan if he's not signed. Our lack of depth is most alarming, even with Archie & McNamara still to come back.

During pre-season, I think we should have tried Hodge at LB, bit late now though.

I think that you can play trialists in any competitive match but they are restricted in the number of games that they can play, three IIRC.

I don't think trialists can play in competitive matches...niether does McCall.

"obviously if we want them to be available to play against Clyde on Saturday we would need to get something done on that front this week.”

You can have trialists for a short period in the league but not sure about the cup. I remember Nick McKoy playing as a trilaist for St J against us when we beat them 4-0. It's also Jeff Stelling's favourite joke...

Amateur terms for one week could be another option.

You can perhaps understand the dealy with Flannigan if the money is tight. However, the Halliwell situation is a joke - we've known for a while now that we need a keeper yet managed to find the money to sign four player-coaches. I'm not a board basher but that is wholly unacceptable

AFAIK you can play trialists in as many friendlies as you want, but they are limited to three competitive appearances, and by the looks of it they aren't allowed in the cup meaning those competitive appearances will be for league games only, though perhaps that is only the challenge cup?

AFAIK you can play trialists in as many friendlies as you want, but they are limited to three competitive appearances, and by the looks of it they aren't allowed in the cup meaning those competitive appearances will be for league games only, though perhaps that is only the challenge cup?

Might be something to do with being cup tied if they player got a deal with another Club :unknw:

You can't play a trialist in a cup match because that would incentivise a player making one appearance below his station

Surely then it depends on which stop he gets off at? :unsure:

I remember from last year trialists aren't allowed in the Challenge Cup. Perhaps it would destroy the integrity of such a prestigious competition? :o

• Members

You can perhaps understand the dealy with Flannigan if the money is tight. However, the Halliwell situation is a joke - we've known for a while now that we need a keeper yet managed to find the money to sign four player-coaches. I'm not a board basher but that is wholly unacceptable

Probably unfair on the board on this occasion to be honest. McCall gets a budget and he decides how to use it, not the Board. I suspect that McCall has gambled on squeezing some more cash from the Board to enable him to sign a Keeper and another outfield player by leaving things right to the very last minute.

Probably unfair on the board on this occasion to be honest. McCall gets a budget and he decides how to use it, not the Board. I suspect that McCall has gambled on squeezing some more cash from the Board to enable him to sign a Keeper and another outfield player by leaving things right to the very last minute.

Feelings/opinions are perhaps heightened as there's a keeper involved and very few have faith in Hinchcliffe and/or Scully (just now at least) but I agree it's not really ammunition for Board bashing. There's oh so much proper ammo already stockpiled for that.

I'm not totally convinced that very last minute may be the eve of a Challenge Cup game or indeed a league cup game the following week. I rather suspect things will be concluded one way or another with the two players in question before the turn of the month but I wouldn't be that startled if it dragged on into August.