A Thousand In The North Stand - Can We Do It?

ian_mac

North Stand has made Firhill a far more enjoyable place to be this year. Been there every game except the first game of the season. Will be there tomorrow, and providing my throat infection has buggered off, making as much noise as possible.

Nervous as **** for this but I'm confident in the boys to at least snatch a draw.

I'll bring along three maybe four along. One brother-in-law who is unashamedly glory hunter, one Arsenal daft fellow Dane, one sevco fan and one Queen of the South fan who will undoubtedly be unbelievably smug and unpleasant throughout, but as long as we win I will happily sit through it all.

What a night and the cheer that went up from the north stand when they opened the gates to let the overspill from the JHS almost tempted me to leave my regular seat and join them. Well Done to everyone tonight for an amazing atmosphere but especially the North Stand boys and girls. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

3. Alan Archibald's Army Stand

No ... John Lambie Stand, is the best choice.

Great to see the Great Lambini there tonight along with the King at half time. What a great gesture by the club to give the 94 year old guy the No 1 tag...what a supporter that guy is!!

As good a thread as any for an introduction...

Lurking and lapsed supporter now fully back in the fold.

Whoever had the idea of the new shed needs a massive pat on the back and free beer for the next few months. 25 years I have been supporting Thistle, of late, I admit it, my attendance has been poor. This I put down to the fact that, even if we won, the atmosphere at Firhill was so bad I only bothered with the occasional away game. This from being someone who used to attend (almost) every game home and away.

In the old days we had the shed. Back then the result was just a bonus. Win or lose you were always entertained, there was always singing and banter.

Managed a few away games this season but working away from home for a bit has meant I have been unable to attend home games, however this game has been marked on the calender for a while.

The North Stand was as close an experience to the old shed as it could possibly get. I'll be back.

Oh, and there is only one name for the new shed that should be considered and that is the Johnie Lambie Stand. Or, as I have already nicknamed it, The Messiah.