Just In

Lionel J. Botch

In an attempt to bring all the threads together.

What a turn out tonight. Fair play to the Morton fans, jeez that must be close to their full home support.

However, what a result. Sat back a wee bit for my comfort, but I don't recall Fox making a save. Great effort by all the lads. Conrad was immense at the back as was Dowie. Stephen O'Donnell despite not being at his early season best, never hides and had some excellent tackles tonight.

3 more wins.........

What a turn out tonight. Fair play to the Morton fans, jeez that must be close to their full home support.

They didn't sing a song..........sssssssssshhhhhhhhh.

Although fair play to them for turning up to watch that pish every week.Shocking style of football from Moore's team .

We defended so well. They had a lot of pressure in that second half without actually creating any chances or forcing Foxy into a save but that's a testament to the defence as a whole and how they marshalled Morton.

Thought the ref was atrocious. Hardie should have been booked early which would have resulted in him having a big decision to make for the "tackle" he eventually got booked for. Sinclair's yellow was for a challenge nowhere near as bad as Hardie's early challenge.

What a crowd, what a performance (defensively wise) and what a night.

Lets finish this now, starting by relegating Airdrie on Sat

Thought we presented them with most of their opportunities with our slack passing at times and was worried about how deep we sat in. But having said that they never troubled Foxy and our defence coped with just about everything.

Conrad was MOTM and Dowie looks like he could form a partnership with him based on tonight. Sinclair picked himself up well after that tackle from Hardie early in the 1st half and O'donnell fought for every ball down his wing and Doolan chased everything.

Great night and hopefully many more to come.

Icing on the cake was the half time presentation to Harry. Amazing man and the hug from Lambie was superb.

• Like 1

• Members

Morton finished the game looking like the side that had lost out on penalties in the Cup Final on Sunday. Tremendous fitness and energy from the players all season. Even more so when you consider we played 10 of the games with only 10 men at times!

It was such a tense match that I didn't really miss the lack of goalmouth action. It was a real triumph of determination and character and by the last 15 minutes it began to feel like a comfortable victory. Morton were again a limited hoofball side and Moore came over in the Sportsound interview afterwards as sour and unimpressive. It was good to see such a large and quiet away support though.

We played some decent football at times and defended very well. Forbes was excellent, Bannigan and Doolan very good, and Balatoni outstanding but the whole team showed real spirit tonight.

I wasn't too confident before the game but there was definitely something inspirational about Firhill tonight.

Was delighted that football won over the long ball game. Martin Hardie is a dinosaur.

Thought that when Morton made their changes and pushed up the park it left them exposed and felt that we could have scored again and if anything it let us back into the game. We weren't bullied by Morton tonight unlike previous games.

The performance was so much better than Sunday and hopefully that will be reflected by the media.

Wife thought I was nuts getting up so early just to get a footy result. THIS RESULT makes up for the Monday morning (Aussie time) depression. Followed the mighty Jags from the first game I saw as a four year old and this result is right up there as one of the best. I am now looking forward to watching the Jags live on Foxtel here as the SPL is on the box. For all of my life here in Australia, 50 years, the one thing I have missed the most is nights like this at Firhill. I envy you all for having witnesssed the game.

• Like 2

They didn't sing a song..........sssssssssshhhhhhhhh.

Although fair play to them for turning up to watch that pish every week.Shocking style of football from Moore's team .

Gaz, not like you to be so blunt :thumbsup2: With Moore it's all up and at 'em route one; which played into the hands of our imperious central defenders. Did Morton bottle it? Possibly not. Just didn't have a game plan. Good effort from their number 4 (sorry I don't know his name) who tried to spark them into life and tried to play with the ball at feet); but any other defender / midfielder seemed happy to hoof high balls at us. In truth, there was only one football team on the park.

Special mention to Chris Kris Doolan who ran his heart out and chased all night. But in truth, the team deserved massive credit for bouncing back after Sunday - they looked fresher, faster and fitter. So much for tired legs after 120-mins of morale sapping football. Pleased for everyone associated with Thistle!

Edited by Meister Jag

Brilliant. Words fail me. Thanks to all who attended. And fair play to the morton fans for FILLING THE MAIN STAND AND PROVING IT'S WORTH KEEPING!!!!! Firhill is back!!!!

Don't care now how we win this league... +1 goal difference'll do me.... Just soooooooo glad we beat those t*ts.

WE'RE PARTICK THISTLE,

WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*ckin love it!!! :fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Big Mad Mental Aaron Muirhead

Nothing could be more accurate (though forename corrected......).

But I'm sure he will do his best to lose the tag. He's had a great season, but I fear it is over with the possible exception of the last game, and even that might be too hopeful.

I think Archie has played it 100% correct on this issue: he can't get all high and mighty as he knows he himself has committed a similar infraction in the past (as a far more senior player than Aaron, and that possibly reflects his position re Shug's red card at Morton last time). I think he also recognises that Aaron has the capacity to be a huge player for us next season, regardless of the Division we are in, and needs support rather than condemnation to make the positive impact that he can.

On the other side, I was pleased for and impressed by Dowie tonight. Gave away a free kick on our right when he got caught out in the 1st half, but otherwise was solid. I'm sure he will do a good job in helping us over the line and potentially earning a contract for next season.

Archie's Manager of the Month awards aren't an accident: he's clearly pretty good at this job!

I went to the cup final. We were second best. I understood that - we'd had a long, hard season.

I assumed that the Morton game tonight would be just too much for our exhausted squad.

How wrong I was - ......

Thistle looked the fresher team, and just ran over the top of a jaded Morton outfit.

Make no Mistake, this is as a fabulous Thistle side.

Wasn't vintage thistle but I really don't care as tonight was all about the result and I think we deserved it. The boys are surely tired but the determination and will to see this great season through was there for all to see. It's been said many a time but Morton really are a horrible team to watch. Their training sessions must be 2hrs of kicking a ball as high and as far as you can!! One player I would have from them at firhill is the wee guy bachirou though.