Jaclie Mcnamara "abuse From Fans" ?

SuperjagNo.1

So he stayed away because of what one fan said to him ?

Maybe it was his guilty consience at snapping our players up on pre-contracts, one only days before the title decider !!!!

the board backed judas mcnamara heavily to make a challenge this year and bring in his own players and he stabbed us in the back by goin to united, who i dont think a much bigger club than us. Plus he's stealin our players on pre contracts too. express bus to the chib unit i say! Well done to the boy who abused him

the board backed judas mcnamara heavily to make a challenge this year and bring in his own players and he stabbed us in the back by goin to united, who i dont think a much bigger club than us. Plus he's stealin our players on pre contracts too. express bus to the chib unit i say! Well done to the boy who abused him

They did. Then he drops Murray & disappears to DU where his 1st two signings are signings of the previous manager!!

Jagger naught is Dowie signing on at Thistle as there has been formal interest from teams from down south if or both Balatoni and Muirhead

Dunno. Is that right? Formal interest for Balatoni and Muirhead? From what source?

I'm not too bothered by the arabisation of Paton and Erskine, but if we also lose B & M then Archie might need to keep playing!

I believe Dundee Utd only released it in response to David Beattie's comment on the radio confirming that the pre-contract had been signed. This was the first official confirmation anywhere and DU had to respond rather than have their fans hearing it elsewhere.

Two points:

Why did Beattie feel he had to confirm the pre-contract agreements one hour before kick off in one of our biggest games of the season when one of the players in question would be playing for us that night? It doesn't make sense unless he knew DUFC were going to go public with it anyway.

I've forgotten my second point.

.....oh aye, got it now.......regardless of Beattie's statement on the pre-contract agreement (and the reasons for it) it was hugely disrespectful of United to publish that photo on their website before our game against Raith Rovers when at least one of the players in question was likely to be playing for Thistle on the same night. As a club, DUFC are becoming as morally bankrupt as their across the street neighbours.

I think the photo's the worst part. It just looks so wrong with players who are still contracted to another club. We all know it happens, but this looked like rubbing our noses in it. Which is ironic at a time when we're all, genuinely, now seeing McNamara's departure as a lucky break.

Quite simply if McNaJudasMara has stayed away from any game because of potential abuse from fans, he's in the wrong profession. Can you imagine Lambie or even our Archie, avoiding a game for that reason. It's part of the game and part of the banter. Becoming quite the choirboy is our ex manager!

Two points:

Why did Beattie feel he had to confirm the pre-contract agreements one hour before kick off in one of our biggest games of the season when one of the players in question would be playing for us that night? It doesn't make sense unless he knew DUFC were going to go public with it anyway.

He was asked the question and he decided to answer it. According to Chris and Paul on facebook it was signed weeks before, so only Beattie knows why he confirmed it.

.....oh aye, got it now.......regardless of Beattie's statement on the pre-contract agreement (and the reasons for it) it was hugely disrespectful of United to publish that photo on their website before our game against Raith Rovers when at least one of the players in question was likely to be playing for Thistle on the same night. As a club, DUFC are becoming as morally bankrupt as their across the street neighbours.

It was published at 9 pm, an hour and a quarter after KO.

Two points:

Anyone else feel quite comfortable that we now have a club chairman willing to tell the truth rather than try to fob us off with 'all will become clear at the end of the season' or something like that? He was asked the question - he answered it. It's not as if he just happened to drop it into conversation.

At the 'meet the board' night a couple of seasons ago, when we were 200k down, he said that nothing was out of bounds and he'd answer everything as honestly as possible. Happy to see this honesty continue - don't think Beattie comes out of this badly at all.

• Like 2

FWIW, to me, neither player looks as though he's just won a double rollover on Euromillions. In fact, both give the impression that the photographer is getting sick of telling them to say cheese. So maybe there's a reluctance there that says they're signing for that shower with a heavy heart?

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to in that picture, but that's how it looks to me.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

Anyone else feel quite comfortable that we now have a club chairman willing to tell the truth rather than try to fob us off with 'all will become clear at the end of the season' or something like that? He was asked the question - he answered it. It's not as if he just happened to drop it into conversation.

At the 'meet the board' night a couple of seasons ago, when we were 200k down, he said that nothing was out of bounds and he'd answer everything as honestly as possible. Happy to see this honesty continue - don't think Beattie comes out of this badly at all.

My thoughts exactly.

Fair comment. I was also comforted by his comments on the budget, i.e. we will not overspend to survive in the SPL. Presumably, any profits from this season will be used to reduce the debt. The club appears to be in safe hands.

Several SPL clubs are reducing their budgets and wage bills. We should be be competitive if we can replace the departing players with new signings of similar or higher quality.

I'm all for transparency and openness but I still find the timing of Beattie's comments inappropriate. Granted, he was put on the spot but I would have expected somebody in his position to be able to haud his wheesht, at least until the title is won. It just puts extra pressure on the players at a time when we need them to be 100% focussed on their football.

I'm all for transparency and openness but I still find the timing of Beattie's comments inappropriate. Granted, he was put on the spot but I would have expected somebody in his position to be able to haud his wheesht, at least until the title is won. It just puts extra pressure on the players at a time when we need them to be 100% focussed on their football.

I commend David Beattie in his honesty. I see what you are saying, in that maybe diplomacy was the order of the day, but its refreshing that we seem to have a chairman who is telling us in black and white.

Did Dundee United HAVE to release that photo, DURING our game on Tuesday?? NO! they didnt. At 9pm that night???? It could easily have waited until the next morning.

A bit of shennaigans aplay I bet.

And if I recollect the interview, when asked about Paton and Erskine, he says "It appears so", words I know, but it left it open to ANY interpretation.

Anyway, its done and dusted, and Im sure they want be the last to better themselves before the summers out.

We move on and trust Archie in what he and Shaggy are about to do. Archie has proved he has got a bit of tactical nous,and for a rookie manager, thats a great portent for the future.

Im sure ARchie has his targets and will be working hard to pull them off. Lets enjoy the final weeks of this wonderful season and await the comings and goings with excitement.

FWIW, to me, neither player looks as though he's just won a double rollover on Euromillions. In fact, both give the impression that the photographer is getting sick of telling them to say cheese. So maybe there's a reluctance there that says they're signing for that shower with a heavy heart?

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to in that picture, but that's how it looks to me.

They should never have agreed to that picture before the end of the season. I wish them both all the best but they have made it difficult for themselves.