New Captain

idlewild84

Andy Dowie? I'm guessing he'll be with us, and looks comfortable enough in the team. He'll also bring experience of that level which Conrad and Aaron don't have. But what will be the central defensive pairing?

It would be no surprise if Dowie, and possibly McMillan too, return to Ibrox. They would be better value than Perry and the over-paid foreigners who under-achieved this season. McCoist is worried that his budget will be frozen or even reduced so he will be looking for cheaper options.

As an aside but on the same subject, I definitely don't think Paton should lift the trophy now. It HAS to be Archie.

Agree 100%. Archie has delivered in difficult circumstances. If the players knew that Paton and Erskine had signed for United, morale in the dressing room could have been affected.

Edit - for captain, I would be happy with Balatoni or Fox.

Murray has had a mixed season, to say the least, and may move on. I'd love to see him sign for Morton. :evil:

Edited by kni

Agree 100%. Archie has delivered in difficult circumstances. If the players knew that Paton and Erskine had signed for United, morale in the dressing room could have been affected.

Edit - for captain, I would be happy with Balatoni or Fox.

Murray has had a mixed season, to say the least, and may move on. I'd love to see him sign for Morton. :evil:

amen, totally agree, archibald should lift the trophy, end of.

I don't think there's a choice in the matter. Since Paton's absence Conrad's been captain in all but name.

Conrad for skipper. The end.

PS Might help keep him with us for a good few seasons.

As an aside but on the same subject, I definitely don't think Paton should lift the trophy now. It HAS to be Archie.

^^these^^

3 wise men

It would be no surprise if Dowie, and possibly McMillan too, return to Ibrox. They would be better value than Perry and the over-paid foreigners who under-achieved this season. McCoist is worried that his budget will be frozen or even reduced so he will be looking for cheaper options.

Yeah but that assumes McCoist would recognise a good player.

Hmm, food for thought there. More money to play in Division 2......, or less money to play in the SPL. Interesting one.

Hmm, food for thought there. More money to play in Division 2......, or less money to play in the SPL. Interesting one.

Got to be remembered those two will be down more than a few quid having been royally mucked about by Masterton. Normally speaking I would question any player's ambition dropping leagues to play for sevco but could understand Dowie and/or McMillan opting for the dark side.