Favourite Jags Song This Season

LambieIsGod

The songs have been flowing this season with some new belters to add to the growing list, "Maryhill is wonderful" and "AA The love my life". I reckon we easily have the best variety of songs in Scottish football. But my favourite is the classic Mary fae Maryhill. Always loved that song, especially the 2nd verse. I love the fact it's got hee haw to do with fitba! In fact, it reminds me of an ex, but that's another story! It's been sung a few times in recent games but not had the same momentum as when sung years ago. Would love to hear the North Stand bring it back as a regular chant next year. What tops the pops for everybody else?

good question. A related one is what new songs (or, at least, what ones have we not sung before) have been heard at Firhill this year?

Off the top of my head,

"We score when we want"

"Jimmy Saville's yir daw" [+ endless variants]

...but there must be hunners

Last night's Archie + Shaggy variant of the Harkins song was great too.

Also, the mee-doh chant which starts with a long slow "Thiiiiiiiiii...." then ends with "...stle", with the whole thing sung over and over getting faster. That used to be great, now no-one knows when to move on the "...stle" bit, or everyone does it at different times. Choir practice for the Shed boys, I'd say.

There have been a good few additions this season but there is something special about "we score when we want" arms aloft looking towards the opposing fans right after a goal. It isn't unique or particularly clever but when everyone is screaming it with their arms in the air its hair on the back of the neck stuff.

(Last Wednesday) "Eight points and you fcuked it up, eight points and you fcuked it up". Which was a great GIRFUY to Morton fans after their "Two nil and you fcuked it up ......" a few weeks earlier at Crappielow.

Singing "Challenge Cup, and we f***ed it up..." was funny at half time during the Morton match.

There have been a good few additions this season but there is something special about "we score when we want" arms aloft looking towards the opposing fans right after a goal. It isn't unique or particularly clever but when everyone is screaming it with their arms in the air its hair on the back of the neck stuff.

It was incredible singing that following the mini-pitch invasion at Livingston.

Where did that chant with no words that sounds like The Vaccines' I Always Knew come from?

I really wasn't that bothered about losing the Ramsdens Final but everyone singing " we score when we want" after the last kick equaliser was still one of the best moments of the season.

WE'RE PARTICK THISTLE ......WE SCORE WHEN WE WANT !! I CHANT IT EVERY TIME I GET TO WORK MONDAY MORNING !! EVERYONE JOINS IN WITH ME NOW AS I WALK THROUGH THE DOORS !! BRILLIANT !!!

totally agree. this song is brilliant.me and my kids are driving my wife nuts with it.we use it for everything. we eat when we want, we sleep when we want, we put the bin out when we want. every request is met with the appropriate chant.
  • Like 2

totally agree. this song is brilliant.me and my kids are driving my wife nuts with it.we use it for everything. we eat when we want, we sleep when we want, we put the bin out when we want. every request is met with the appropriate chant.

:D Just like the Crosslands bus to the CC final. It had no bog so we 'coerced' the driver into stopping at a petrol staion en route; within a minute a line of 30 or so standing on the grass verge outside singing "We're Partick Thistle, we pish when we want"... Then, near the ground when we were running late, we got the driver to stop in a dodgy spot to let us off... "We're Partick Thistle, we park where we want..." etc.

• Like 1

It was incredible singing that following the mini-pitch invasion at Livingston.

Where did that chant with no words that sounds like The Vaccines' I Always Knew come from?

Known as the Holland Song.

First time I heard it was in Amsterdam in 2009 for the Scotland game. Always thought it would sound great at Firhill as no other Scottish teams sing it. Started singing it in the van on the way home from East End Park in August last year. It's pretty infectious I think you'll agree!

"Ponytails are unacceptable, Ponytails are unacceptable, Ponytails are unacceptable, Ponytails are unacceptable, Ponytails are unacceptable!"

One of the funniest was after that one you mentioned when the female assistant referee flagged an Accies player for offside when it looked like he might be getting in on goal and the boy in front of me hit out with;

"Ponytails are now acceptable, ponytails are now acceptable!"

I echo the opinions of others that the "we score when we want!" chant is excellent, especially after Doolan's goal in the Ramsdens Cup Final, unbelievable!

First time I heard it was in Amsterdam in 2009 for the Scotland game. Always thought it would sound great at Firhill as no other Scottish teams sing it. Started singing it in the van on the way home from East End Park in August last year. It's pretty infectious I think you'll agree!

I do agree, I heard it first at the Cove Rangers game and thought it was brilliant. When I heard it on the radio during our last two midweek games it sounded awesome! (as did all our songs mind you)

Just like Red and Yellow Army, you don't need to know the words to sing it, so even the neutrals can join in!

Not as trendy a description as The Holland Song - somebody that had it as a 45 told me it's Speedy Gonzales by Pat Boone!!