New Contracts

Alzer1986

In today's ET Archie talks about it being hard to let Craig know he wasn't being kept on. Interesting that he mentions breaking the news to "trainees". Maybe no other first team squad member is being released?

http://www.eveningti...23100n.20973525

IIRC we would be entitled to compensation for O'Donnell, Elliott, Scully, Halsman and Campbell if they refuse contract offers.

if team thought anything of them they would have got more matches throughout season

am more worried about losing 1 of our star players at the moment

also with further investment in youth development i believe that in a few years time our future will be bright

I like the fact that Archie is letting the players offered new contracts know that he won't wait around for long on them making their decision. He wants to get the core of his squad in place sooner rather than later.

Yeh it seems like Archie knows what hes doing. Very professional for his first close season. Looking positive.

Dowie not been offered a new deal according to Archie in the match preview.

Interesting one. He did a very good job for us, I thought, and has been there (SPL) before; still only 30. The question now is whether Archie already has a good central defender in his sights, or is taking a chance on somebody becoming available at the end of the season.