Propco And The Spl

Jaggernaut

By opening up the Main Stand would this likely mean the removal of the view limiting support post I wonder or is it just a cosmetic tart up

That would need a major structural change involving engineering of the massive roof. I'm pretty sure that the previous re-structuring resulted in fewer posts than there used to be in the days of old. Unfortunately it also meant that the old tunnel and its run out onto the pitch got blocked by a dirty great new post! An architectural tragedy!

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Dunderheid trying to understand what you mean by this Fred... do you mean that Propco would fund it all and loan the Club the Club's share of the refurb payments, payable on sale of the Main Stand etc?

I thought a similar idea. But the other way round.

Could someone remind me in simple terms what Propco holds?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

The club by the balls.

Unsure if I agree, but is it the main stand and the bing? Do they own it in full?

Edited by fredthecheesecloth

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Right, so if Propco owns the bing and the main stand. My thought would be that the football club would fund any development - it is the club that has the cash.

There should be a plan to sell it back. I like Beattie and I tend to agree with his thoughts and most of the statements. I hope this is is on the agenda as a future step.

The football club fund the development and the half payable by propco is an asset in the football clubs hands. When it comes to buying back - the proceeds paid are offset against the loan account? The confusing bit would be making sure all the THISTLE MINDED directors are given back exactly what they put in.

So say Tom Hughes puts in 250k

His share of the re-investment pot is 50k

We pay back 300k on this bit. And take full control of the enhanced asset.

I think that this would work, wouldn't please everyone. But what it does is put people back on the exact same position. The investment isn't or shouldn't be one any of them expect to make money from.

Edited by fredthecheesecloth

There is going to be a Meet The Board evening in the next month or so and there are a lot of good points being brought up/sugested here so hopefully we will get some answers or thoughts from the Board re them on the night.

I don't usually go to these things, but in the general positivity surrounding the club this season, and if it takes place before I become a Nomad for the summer, I'll definitely go to that.

• Members

Unsure if I agree, but is it the main stand and the bing? Do they own it in full?

The Main Stand and the bing certainly, however, I think the Club has a share in these areas. In fact, I'm certain they do as it was always stated that if it was sold and developed, the Club stood to make money from it. Further, I think the split is Propco 51% and Partick Thistle 49%. I recall a bit of a stooshie at the time on the Jagsforum about why it wasn't a straight 50/50 split.

The Main Stand and the bing certainly, however, I think the Club has a share in these areas. In fact, I'm certain they do as it was always stated that if it was sold and developed, the Club stood to make money from it. Further, I think the split is Propco 51% and Partick Thistle 49%. I recall a bit of a stooshie at the time on the Jagsforum about why it wasn't a straight 50/50 split.

Plus the fact that some of the board members also have their own individual shares in Propco.

There is the possibility that club is/will be paying rent to PropCo to use the main stand.

I would not doubt it. Businessmen seek returns on large investments. The Propco investors paid a large 6 figure stand for the main stand and the bing.

Yet again, uninformed and totally unsubstantiated claims from the forum's favourite cuddly toy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again, uninformed and totally unsubstantiated claims from the forum's favourite cuddly toy.

As may be but the fact remains that the claims are at least possible, if not (hopefully) plausible.

The point that the club don't own 100% of the ground shouldn't be lost amongst the recent air of triumphalism. Buying out Propco should be a priority for the Board but given that some Directors are also Propco investors it's hard to see that happening.

At least they're 'Thistle minded', that'll please the banks.

That would need a major structural change involving engineering of the massive roof. I'm pretty sure that the previous re-structuring resulted in fewer posts than there used to be in the days of old. Unfortunately it also meant that the old tunnel and its run out onto the pitch got blocked by a dirty great new post! An architectural tragedy!

I have to admit from an aesthetic point of view that is one of the features I regret most. However, generally speaking I find the concept of flogging of parts of your stadium as being part of the same flawed thinking that gave us PFI etc.

direct quote from DB courtesy Glaswegian

edited to add.... no mention of gnomes. :unsure:

While they're at it, it might be a good idea if someone (Thistle? The cooncil?) could do something about the water that's been coming up through the pavement at the main door and running down Firhill Road for (it seems) years, creating brown stains right down the street past the main stand. I hope it's only rust!

While they're at it, it might be a good idea if someone (Thistle? The cooncil?) could do something about the water that's been coming up through the pavement at the main door and running down Firhill Road for (it seems) years, creating brown stains right down the street past the main stand. I hope it's only rust!

Sure its not the shite that were at Firhill for the Glasgow Cup final being left behind?