Is There Going To Be A Centenary Fund Draw This Month

TMJ

Just done a check on the site, the bank is Bank of Scotland (Jags Pot Society as the account header!!!!), now I know the Bank of Scotland do internet banking, so say on the 7th of the month we do a online statement for the previous month (This allows for a 1 or 2 day lag in payment clearing), dump it to excel as you can and tally the names of those paid against the names of those in the list of members. Set the filter on the bank statement alphabetically and the same on our list of members, checked in an hour. Eddie wouldnt even need to go into the bank, just pull the data and send it to Firhill.

Would it not be easier to pull the winners first then check them back against statements? If they havent paid, pull another winner? Save a load of time!

We still waiting on Augusts draw that was stated in OS a week ago?? "The August draw will be completed early next week when all relevant bank statements have been received and processed." not sure how we determine early in the week? would it not have made more sense to do 2 draws at the one time as the next draw is due in 2 weeks now...... or is drawing 2 together too simple

I know it is probably unlikely, given the bad publicity the CF fund has had,but there may be people that joined after the due date for July or people have left and not eligible for August draw - so they would need to be drawn separately and maybe not as simple as you suggest.

I know it is probably unlikely, given the bad publicity the CF fund has had,but there may be people that joined after the due date for July or people have left and not eligible for August draw - so they would need to be drawn separately and maybe not as simple as you suggest.

The July draw was announced on the 23rd of August.... thats after the august cut off, if the august draw should have been announced on the 15th.

therefore both draws could have taken place at the same time.

That's a kinda catch22. Folk leave as the draw is never on time. The draw is never on time as folk keep leaving

If you join after the due date, your not involved

if your name is not on the bank statement for previous month, your not involved

not rocket science

The July draw was announced on the 23rd of August.... thats after the august cut off, if the august draw should have been announced on the 15th.

therefore both draws could have taken place at the same time.

I know that PT.I was trying to say that it could be a different pool of people involved in each draw, therefore it wouldn't be as simple as doing the July draw and then the August draw. There would need to be some kind of editing done to the eligible pool for August. I picked up from Norge's comment that August draw would just follow straight after. I don't know how the draw is done, whether it is an electronic list or a physical list, but either way there would need to be some kind of gap between each draw.

I know that PT.I was trying to say that it could be a different pool of people involved in each draw, therefore it wouldn't be as simple as doing the July draw and then the August draw. There would need to be some kind of editing done to the eligible pool for August. I picked up from Norge's comment that August draw would just follow straight after. I don't know how the draw is done, whether it is an electronic list or a physical list, but either way there would need to be some kind of gap between each draw.

There would need to be a gap... Say 10 minutes, to compile the August list, then do the draw.

There's no excuse plausible enough to cover why the August draws not been done.

See my response to PT.

LJ agree it would theoretically be 2 different lists, but surely we have a system that say on the 7th of the August we pull all the bank statements for all of July (Cut off for the August Draw) and compare them then make the draw.

The July Draw was done on the 23rd of august so they figures and Augusts figures would have been available at the same time, if we had to physically go to the bank to receive a hard copy of the pay in list surely it would have made sense to ask for all payees for June and all payees for July at the same time instead of 2 trips to the bank then getting people together 2 times to collate and getting the draw committee together 2 times to perform the draw and updating the website 2 times.

There would need to be a gap... Say 10 minutes, to compile the August list, then do the draw.

There's no excuse plausible enough to cover why the August draws not been done.

I am not in any way saying that the August draw should not already have been drawn. The length of the gap is debatable. If you have ever been on jury duty in this country you will know that it takes at least an hour to check the names, tear off the names and put them in a bowl, and that's for under 100 people. However, no real argument from me that it could at least have been done on the same day - unless there is some other issue.

LJ agree it would theoretically be 2 different lists, but surely we have a system that say on the 7th of the August we pull all the bank statements for all of July (Cut off for the August Draw) and compare them then make the draw.

The July Draw was done on the 23rd of august so they figures and Augusts figures would have been available at the same time, if we had to physically go to the bank to receive a hard copy of the pay in list surely it would have made sense to ask for all payees for June and all payees for July at the same time instead of 2 trips to the bank then getting people together 2 times to collate and getting the draw committee together 2 times to perform the draw and updating the website 2 times.

see my response to PT.

By the way, it's getting kind of wearing that every time I make a post, both you and PT jump on it. Can you not just have a wee chat with each other and just post once ?

see my response to PT.

By the way, it's getting kind of wearing that every time I make a post, both you and PT jump on it. Can you not just have a wee chat with each other and just post once ?

Well, it depends on the time of the post and how long between posts.

• Like 1

The thing that always strikes me about these draws is how often the same names come up month after month.

I know loads of people, with memberships at all levels, that have won nothing in all the years they've been playing. Contrast that with one winner this month who in the last year or so appears to have won 2x£100 prizes, a signed shirt and a table at hospitality.

While I don't think there is anything dishonest going on I'm not confident that the system to identify winners is actually giving every ticketholder the same chance of success.