Contract Status

OCjag

Yeah, think it's for the best that Archie doesn't play anymore.

For someone that doesn't follow the progress of the younger guys much, I'm a wee bit surprised that Sekhon's away considering he was featured on the website a number of times last season. Hope everyone finds a new club. Wonder how long McMillan will have to decide...

Read somewhere that Archie has registered again but wont play. I think he's going to play reserve games to help the young guys there.

Was with the U17's last season.

Archie is still registered as a player and will only play in the first-team if we are short in defence due to injuries and suspensions.

Yeah, think it's for the best that Archie doesn't play anymore.

For someone that doesn't follow the progress of the younger guys much, I'm a wee bit surprised that Sekhon's away considering he was featured on the website a number of times last season. Hope everyone finds a new club. Wonder how long McMillan will have to decide...

I was also surprised that Sekhon was not given a new deal. He has been in the first-team squad on a few occasions.

There is no rush with McMillan as we have enough players for a first eleven plus the bench.

I think Archie will want to know about McMillan one way or other sooner rather than later simply because he can provide cover in two maybe three positions. If McMillan comes on board Archie could concentrate more on left sided defenders. Otherwise he could be looking for maybe three defenders as opposed to two.

Agree tho' that we've got more than just the skeleton of the squad already signed and to a great degree there's no need for rushed signings.

Can't believe Sekhon has gone, I was just talking to an Indian mate the other day and he was talking about getting a Punjabi Thistle Supporters Club with drums and all that, like Wolves have, if he was ever to be a regular player.

Did he ever play for the first team? Some sort of soccerstats website I checked said he played in the 1-1 draw at Raith last season, the Doolan equaliser game, I don't remember that?

It would be good if your mate turned up with his drum etc regardless of who is playing. In fact I'd prefer if he brought some mates along instead of the drum! Clubs like Leicester, Wolves and Bradford have tapped into local Asian support as they have very large % in their cities, in fact Leicester is soon to be the first city in UK which will have offical white classification as less than 50%. The Asian community has not had a traditional history or ties with the local clubs (large immigration was only in late fifties/early sixties, cricket was dominant sport, previously it was intimidating) and many would end up supporting teams like Liverpool or Man Utd but these 3 clubs have reached out and been rewarded in turn. Whenever I have been to a game in London it is much more mixed but that is down to London being a melting pot of everyone from everywhere.

Unfortunately, as Santana has touched upon, Sekhon was absolutely woeful. My lasting memory will be of him standing on the ball, falling over and leaving a Queen's Park youngster an open goal to run through to score.

Harsh as it may be, it truly highlights the complete lack of Asian footballing talent in the UK when he was nominated for the Player of the Year despite playing only a handful of youth games and hardly impressing in any of them.

Would be interesting to see how we could encourage kids in Asian communities to come along for training sessions. A couple of my mates are Asian and have little interest in football, preferring cricket, but they never really had any opportunities to play when they were younger - or if they did, they didn't know about it.

Can't believe Sekhon has gone, I was just talking to an Indian mate the other day and he was talking about getting a Punjabi Thistle Supporters Club with drums and all that, like Wolves have, if he was ever to be a regular player.

Did he ever play for the first team? Some sort of soccerstats website I checked said he played in the 1-1 draw at Raith last season, the Doolan equaliser game, I don't remember that?

Are you suggesting what I think you are?

Any time I have seen Sekhon he looked pretty poor. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

What happened to that Iranian guy we had? He was a snider as well.

Pedram Ardalany was playing for Arthurlie with McAleer last season.

Sekhon in the pre-season last year (I think it was against Dumbarton) genuinely had about the worst performance I've ever seen from a professional centre back.

He was poorer than Sunday league stuff. Happy enough he is gone.

Also, he didn't play against Raith. There was a problem with the names, he got mixed up with Aaron Sinclair.