Hearts In Administration

GrantB

Dreadful news for their supporters, BUT its been coming.

It's only dreadful news for the supporters who put money into the club a few months ago.

The club, however, could be bought cheaply and be in a stronger position financially within a few months.

BBC reporting that they may avoid a points deduction....??!

"If Hearts remain in administration by the opening of season 2013-14 in August, a points deduction of 15 points would be incurred."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22944291

I doubt they would come out of administration before the start of the season. Generally these things have taken months to sort out.

A transfer ban would be good for us as well.

What would be bad is that they get the 15 point penalty and we still finish bottom. :(

Don't believe everything that you read on the BBC website.

It's only 6 weeks until the start of the season. The administrators have to invite offers and evaluate bids. The bidders will need to time to undertake due diligence. Then there are the negotiations with creditors, i.e. those running the Lithuanian bank and its parent company.

Hearts will be lucky to be out of administration by September. The administrators will sell who they can and get rid of the big earners. Hearts will be under a transfer embargo until they come out of administration too. They will be big favourites for relegation if they survive.

I doubt they would come out of administration before the start of the season. Generally these things have taken months to sort out.

A transfer ban would be good for us as well.

What would be bad is that they get the 15 point penalty and we still finish bottom. :(

True, unless someone unexpectedly comes in and buys them - which would mean they had gone bust and not paid any points penalty either last season or this......

True, unless someone unexpectedly comes in and buys them - which would mean they had gone bust and not paid any points penalty either last season or this......

The administrators are obliged to get the best deal for the creditors. It will take months rather months to get a deal concluded.

How long have Dunfermline been in administration?

There are lots of questions to be answered.

Thousands of Hearts supporters have bought season tickets. Have they wasted their money or will the new owners be required to give them season tickets?

What happens if Hearts are liquidated after the start of the new season? We would have an 11 club league with fewer games. Would the remaining clubs get more money from the SPFL?

And would a NewCo Hearts have to apply to join the new Lowland League for 2014/15 season? Or would they be parachuted into the Third Division like Sevco?

Hope the staff that'll undoubtedly lose their jobs will get fixed up.

I'm not so sure Mad Vlad left them in a much worse state than when he took over. If I remember rightly the overall debt was much the same back then and administration was more than just a possibility. Been a long time coming. Strange it was just one working day ago their MD was telling everyone that their up for sale players would only move on if the price was right.

• Like 1

The administrators are obliged to get the best deal for the creditors. It will take months rather months to get a deal concluded.

How long have Dunfermline been in administration?

Hmmm I don't recall that happening with either Dundee or Rangers.

Still if they do get honest administrators all you say is true. And if they don't then the second bit is still true as they'll drag it out as long as possible to squeeze as much money as they can.

Hmmm I don't recall that happening with either Dundee or Rangers.

Still if they do get honest administrators all you say is true. And if they don't then the second bit is still true as they'll drag it out as long as possible to squeeze as much money as they can.

Sadly true. IIRC The Pars went into administration in March and the bid deadline is tomorrow.