And On A Brighter Note....

Willjag

• Members

So anyway, out tonight and forgot my phone. When I got home I find a text telling me that someone from the Club was at the airport today picking up some Spanish players who'll be with the Club on trial for the next couple of weeks. Unlikely to be Isco, Fabregas or Villa, however there have been a few Spanish players had a big impact on Scottish football over the years and with a little luck, we'll get a turn of picking up a couple from these trialists.

Nacho novo?!

AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH....would consider boycotting the club if we signed that little turd but still I think this is the way to go for us. We should be looking at lower level English and foreign football to see if we can unearth a gem. Falkirk have done well in the last few seasons at this level with Farid and Taylor

Guest fredthecheesecloth

AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH....would consider boycotting the club if we signed that little turd but still I think this is the way to go for us. We should be looking at lower level English and foreign football to see if we can unearth a gem. Falkirk have done well in the last few seasons at this level with Farid and Taylor

Really? A boycott because we signed Nacho Novo?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

One of the most vile little ***** ever to play in Scottish football. And then he signed for Rangers ... I don't think I could stop myself booing him even is he was wearing our colours. It'd be a reflex action, like gagging.

Brilliant. Have a great day.

Did he not effectively end David McCallum's career? Although he (D. McC) did manage to make a comeback to play for QPFC. With the passage of time my recollection may be a bit muddled.

My dislike of N*vo has nothing to do with his spell at Rangers - he was a disgusting rat of a player at Raith and Dundee.

• Like 1

People boycotting because of Novo is just nonsense. I wouldn't be too happy if he showed up at Firhill wearing our badge but boycotting is just ridiculous. We're not Celtic.

As for scouting in Spain etc, a good idea but we need to be careful that we don't get sucked into signing players just because they're "continental" like so many clubs are doing at the moment. Not all Spanish players are Iniesta-esque.

People boycotting because of Novo is just nonsense. I wouldn't be too happy if he showed up at Firhill wearing our badge but boycotting is just ridiculous. We're not Celtic.

Dear God!!! Bother about it if it happens which it isnt!!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

Guest fredthecheesecloth

You're a bit petulant, aren't you? Have you had breakfast this morning? Maybe your blood sugar is low, and that's why you're such a grumpy little sourpuss.

Yeh mate that's me. I did have breakfast. Good on you resorting to personal abuse, well done.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

A bellend or not I would be delighted if we signed someone even half as good as Nacho Novo.

This. Some short memories on here. Paul McGrillen much maligned then well supported. Didn't John Baird score with his hand against us? Unforgivable according to some.

On the subject of Novo, Jags fans have forgiven the likes of The Don and Paul McGrillen but Novo would be a step too far for me.

A guy that ended the career of David McCallum while at Raith, tried to do the same to Ian Ross while at Dundee and has become a badge kissing Sevco apologist. I could never back a team he was playing for.

Now I've got that off my chest, any news on any trialists at pre-season training today?

• Like 1