266 members have voted

1. 1. Are we

• Season ticket holders
    • Non Season ticket holders but regular attendees
    • Non season ticket ...irregular attendees
    • Jags fan go once a season or less
    • Not a jags fan...here for the banter
    • Nomad

Don't have a season ticket purely because I never have the money at the time. Pay in to near enough every home game and get to a lot of away games too.

Might get a season ticket this year if they are offering the chance to pay it in instalments.

They are leaving it a bit late for the instalment option but, like yourself, there is more chance of me renewing my ST next season of this can be arranged.

Had a season ticket for years but probably wont be getting one next year - however, not because of any gripes with the club, it'll just be a lot easier getting a job without having to say "attending football every other Saturday", and there's always usually something on at uni on a Saturday that I'm interested in going to.

Guest bonzo1876

like yourself, there is more chance of me renewing my ST next season of this can be arranged.

Got a season ticket at the moment but i'm the same. Much easier to pay it up in installments.

The unread post icon appearing every time someone votes is a big irritation!

See these newcomers, always kicking up a fuss! :P

I'll alert the admins to see if they can sort it. Getting on my proverbials as well.

Thistle fans who dont attend firhill are not allowed opinions on anything to do with thistle, you are in the Non fan catagorey,

Thistle fans who attened every game, give their all to the club, live, breath and eat thistle they are super fans,

Thistle fans who only want the best for the club and attend when they can are just fans.

Life long thistle fans who's dad's used to take then to the games and are always on the look out to find fans of a similar background, and don'te really care about any of the fans in the catagories above, they are the Board of directors.

Thistle fans who dont attend firhill are not allowed opinions on anything to do with thistle, you are in the Non fan catagorey,

Thistle fans who attened every game, give their all to the club, live, breath and eat thistle they are super fans,

Thistle fans who only want the best for the club and attend when they can are just fans.

Life long thistle fans who's dad's used to take then to the games and are always on the look out to find fans of a similar background, and don'te really care about any of the fans in the catagories above, they are the Board of directors.

Have a green dot for that one! :wearethistle:

Some Nomads have been known to have fallen off ladders while listening to match commentary (my screaming) during Nomad Show Broadcasts. Either that or the shock of us scoring was sufficient.

Only the very brave will sit at their PC screens and see the visual antics as well - though from the Chat box banter these Thistle mad fans will tolerate real pain with all the behaviours that make going to Firhill fun :blink:

Edited by Shuggie

No, I just can't stand the place.

The bing, moving the directors into the Jackie Husband, shutting the section nearest the away fans, queing for tickets at portakabins and the fact it has the atmosphere of a morgue has taken any enjoyment away from going to home games for me. There used to be 20 to 30 odd people that went to the games from my area on a regular basis up until the Campbell era. Now NO ONE goes to the home games because of the aforementioned factors.

Things have to change dramatically at this club to arrest the current apathy among the fans, or we will soon become an established Second Division team playing in front of crowds below 1000. Cowan and co. must go. But we all know they are too selfish and too arrogant to move aside and let new people with fresh ideas come in and run the club.

In my 18 years if following the club, I've never been more pesimistic about the future of Partick Thistle.

I still don't know if you're at the wind up,but I'll take what you post at face value.

So does this mean you chose not to attend for example the league cup or cup replay games v Rangers?

You say you attend 80% of away games but don't attend home games for above reasons. Attending 80% of away games equates roughly to having to visiting at the very least 7 (but probably more) of our competitors. You say you just can't stand Firhill. What's your opinion then of the away end at ICT's ground & environs, the fascilities at Cappielow, the graveyard end stand at Dunfermline, Starks Pk in general, Dens Pk with its idiosyncratic stewarding? Like many others I find Firhill can be a depressing place but I certainly can't see the attraction of most of the other Div 1 grounds either.

I still don't know if you're at the wind up,but I'll take what you post at face value.

So does this mean you chose not to attend for example the league cup or cup replay games v Rangers?

You say you attend 80% of away games but don't attend home games for above reasons. Attending 80% of away games equates roughly to having to visiting at the very least 7 (but probably more) of our competitors. You say you just can't stand Firhill. What's your opinion then of the away end at ICT's ground & environs, the fascilities at Cappielow, the graveyard end stand at Dunfermline, Starks Pk in general, Dens Pk with its idiosyncratic stewarding? Like many others I find Firhill can be a depressing place but I certainly can't see the attraction of most of the other Div 1 grounds either.

He's a wind-up merchant, if you ask me. On the "Fill Firhill" thread he claims that he's been an ever-present for 18 years. Best ignored.

• Downvote 1

Who are you to call me a wind up merchant? You know nothing about me. Just because my post happens to be negative, doesn't mean I'm on the wind up. I gave you my honest reasons for not attending Firhill anymore and you've spat the dummy out.

I'm somebody who read one of your posts on one thread, and then another of your posts on another thread, and who noticed right away there's no way that what you wrote in one comes anywhere near to being consistent with what you wrote in the other. So either you don't think carefully about what you write (that's up to you, of course), or you're a wind-up merchant. No dummy spitting by me, simply my opinion on your posts. Or would you prefer that people don't actually pay attention to what you write?

I enjoy going to the away games as there is usually a better atmosphere created from our fans.I also like getting to see other parts of the country, getting a good drink on the train and generally making a day of it. I couldn't care less if the grounds I visit are shitholes. They belong to other clubs, so it doesn't depress me if they are falling to pieces. I just can't stand seeing Firhill, our once proud stadium in the state that it is currently in.

Do you understand?

Do I understand?

Well on one level, of course I do. I take it you'll agree tho' it's just as well more fans don't follow your lead or we wouldn't have a team to follow home and away?

But on another level I can't understand why any Jags fan would impose such a rigid policy on themselves. I come away from Dens and Cappielow and say I have no intention of returning but deep down I know I'll return if it's to support the Jags in a meaningful game. I can foresee not taking up a season ticket and maybe cherrypicking matches to attend but I can't ever imagine the situation when I say I'll never go back to Firhill but continue to go to most away games.

I can't ever imagine the situation when I say I'll never go back to Firhill but continue to go to most away games.

But he didn't say he was never going back to Firhill, he said that due to the terrible decisions that have been made around the club in the last 4 years, that he can't bring himself to go to firhill and see a place that he once loved for its atmosphere and enviroment, woth it's heart ripped out. Just now, but he hasn't said he will never go again.

I am of a very similar opinion, and I do very much pick and choose my firhill games, while trying to get to many away games that I can afford. And when i do drag myself along the road to Firhill I'm mainly there to see my mates and get a pint. The place is absolutely dead, in comparrison to how I remember it and it just makes my stomach churn to see the stadium of dreams more like the stadium of distant memories.

And i think you'll find many fans have the same view, there has been alot of shit to push people away in the last 5 years, and its going to take something big to get the lost fans back.