Mcguigan

Veejag

I just wish to f**k this going out on loan would stop !! get a squad of players together , sign them up as partick thistle players and until some big club comes along with an offer to " buy " then they remain a partick thistle player !! worked in the past !! what would we have got for erskine ? in the meantime we got SFA !!! All this loan nonsense has to stop ,!! bring on the flack !!!

I just wish to f**k this going out on loan would stop !! get a squad of players together , sign them up as partick thistle players and until some big club comes along with an offer to " buy " then they remain a partick thistle player !! worked in the past !! what would we have got for erskine ? in the meantime we got SFA !!! All this loan nonsense has to stop ,!! bring on the flack !!!

Oooft.

That loan to Clyde was terrible for Doolan wasn't it?

bit of advice to you HW.

don't post when you're drunk.

:thinking:

in fact, just don't post.

We need him to go to a first division club; we already know he can score goals at second division level. If we can get him out on loan and scoring goals then he can come back and challenge for a place. I think he has been a bit unlucky so far.

Whether he is up to playing in the SPL is open to question but I would be surprised if he would not turn out to be capable at first division level. He has potential and really needs a run of games.

Edited by Alan Murray
  • Like 1

Yeah I agree, pretty sure if craigan didn't get a run in the team at the end of last season we might have all been thinking the same about him.

I hope it's only a loan and maybe if he does well he can come back and offer something. Does anyone know how much the club uses him with regards to his degree? Also I assume that he would still train with us since rovers r part time?

Slightly worried about the lack of strikers at the club! Worth bringing son of joe back for 6 months?

It's quite surprising Craig hasn't got fixed up. I assume he hasn't anyway. I wonder if Archie is finding it more difficult to replace Craig, and for that matter Dowie, than he first thought. I don't think we necessarily need to get better players than those two. Just younger versions who would be easier to keep match fit even if they're only in the squad.

I suppose if pushed I'd have to say Hemmings and the Czech lad have looked the most likely of the trialists to date to fill these roles.

It's quite surprising Craig hasn't got fixed up. I assume he hasn't anyway. I wonder if Archie is finding it more difficult to replace Craig, and for that matter Dowie, than he first thought. I don't think we necessarily need to get better players than those two. Just younger versions who would be easier to keep match fit even if they're only in the squad.

I suppose if pushed I'd have to say Hemmings and the Czech lad have looked the most likely of the trialists to date to fill these roles.

I was thinking this myself, particularly regarding Craig, who was good enough to keep Doolan out of the team for a sustained period. I suppose Archie had to make an early decision and chose to be optimistic about the quality of players we would attract. Personally I'd have offered the big man another year, but hopefully Archie unearths a gem from somewhere.

• Like 1

I was thinking this myself, particularly regarding Craig, who was good enough to keep Doolan out of the team for a sustained period. I suppose Archie had to make an early decision and chose to be optimistic about the quality of players we would attract. Personally I'd have offered the big man another year, but hopefully Archie unearths a gem from somewhere.

seem to remember we got Doug Somner from Ayr as a makeweight in a swop deal for Ally Love - the other player in the 'package'.,Mitchell, really never made it at Firhill. So there are probably 'gems'out there - the trick is to find them!

Yeah I agree, pretty sure if craigan didn't get a run in the team at the end of last season we might have all been thinking the same about him.

I hope it's only a loan and maybe if he does well he can come back and offer something. Does anyone know how much the club uses him with regards to his degree? Also I assume that he would still train with us since rovers r part time?

Slightly worried about the lack of strikers at the club! Worth bringing son of joe back for 6 months?

But Craigen looked like he could become a really good player as soon he stepped out on to the park. He kept his place in the team because he was getting better and better each week. Everyone could see he had a chance of becoming pretty damn good. Now I'm thinking and hoping he is going to be in the team every week and who knows what might happen, he could go reasonably far in the game, maybe in England. The same thing happened (and is happening) with Bannigan.

McGuigan has never looked like that in my opinion. He's a likeable guy and his celebration at Ayr is the stuff of legend but I can't see him making it into our first team even with our lack of strikers. I reckon he should keep playing the game in the lower leagues and move his way back up step by step with runs in the teams. If he does stay and turns into a really good player then his cult status is guaranteed though.

• Like 1