Some Positivity... Key Moments

Veejag

Lots of negativity floating about at the moment. Frustrating, I know.

However, I can't wait for Friday night so let's take a few minutes to remind ourselves of why we're in the big league.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0FKYBIQx950

I remember looking back at the 01/02 season and thinking about moments that won us the league. I'll always remember King Kenny's penalty save vs St. Mirren, Hardie's quick fire double at Inverness and a squeaky draw at home to Ross County at a crucial point in the season.

SO, what were some of the key moments for you last season?

I'll start off with that late, late Kris Doolan equaliser away to Raith which kept the unbeaten start to the season going. That goal was huge.

Don't quite understand where any negativity is coming from.

Friday night is flag night when Archie and shaggy will unfurl the championship flag. We've got a great squad now young and hungry but better than that we've got a GREAT guy in Alan Archibald who has the same hunger and desire within himself.

• Like 1

The 4-0 win at Dunfermline, getting the away win monkey off our back particularly in Archie's (if u discount the fogged off game) first away game.

But probably the most exhilarating was 1-0 v Morton, particularly after playing 120 minutes and losing on penalties 3 days earlier im Cup final and without Muirhead, if ever a team showed character and balls it was that night superb

• Like 2

Fog-gate at Cowdenbeath was pretty crucial - but winning the rearranged tie was of course even more important.

The 1-0 home win over Morton (scrappy game, who cares?) was the moment for me, though; if we'd lost that night as we did on Boxing day then there was still time to throw it all away. That was a gritty, determined win in front of a superb crowd. Shivers down my neck remembering it now.

The stats have got positivity bursting out of every spreadsheet - it's very rare...

• Winning our 7th League title.
  • Achieving our 10th promotion.
  • Avoiding a joint record 10 in a row outside the top.
  • Scoring 76 League goals - joint 5th best all-time (amazing in the modern age).
  • Amassing 78 League points - a new all-time club record.
  • Capturing 72.22% of all League points - 5th best all-time.
  • Winning 63.89% of all League games - 5th best all-time.
  • Finishing on top of New Rangers, adding to the scalp of of Old Rangers in the past...
  • Winning 6 straight games to start the campaign - 2nd all-time best start.
  • Alan Archibald achieving the best start to a managerial reign at Partick Thistle of all-time.
  • Winning 8 games in a row from February - the best run since Willie Thornton's Jags over 50 years ago. Not bad for a rookie manager!
  • Keeping 5 clean sheets in a row from February - our joint all-time best League run, another record for Alan Archibald.
  • Finishing the League season 18 League games without defeat - our joint 2nd all-time best League run. To be continued...

... and speaking as a humanoid...

... The Bridge doing a Messie for the 4th against Falkirk in January - that goal epitomized our beautiful football at the time...

• Like 1

Fog-gate at Cowdenbeath was pretty crucial - but winning the rearranged tie was of course even more important.

The 1-0 home win over Morton (scrappy game, who cares?) was the moment for me, though; if we'd lost that night as we did on Boxing day then there was still time to throw it all away. That was a gritty, determined win in front of a superb crowd. Shivers down my neck remembering it now.

Considering we were coming off the back of the cup final disappointment and playing 3 matches a week for a few weeks, it was a phenomenal performance.

As always Jukebox a wonderful array of stats. I would be interested though in how our goals tally for last season including cup matches compares against others as we must've scored around ninety all together.

15 goals in all cup competitions.

add in the arrcraib cup and the other friendlies which weren't closed door matches, and that's another 11.

so, 102 goals in total last season.

same again this season will do nicely.