Colin Mcadam

GrantB

I have tweeted Ian Maxwell tonight to ask on behalf of all Thistle fans that there should be a minutes applause tomorrow night for Colin McAdam and Neil Duffy. 2 club legends who are sadly not going to be with us tomorrow night. I'm sure they will both be looking down on us proudly.

Indeed M'Lady!! Couldnt believe it when Tommy signed for Celtic as he was Rangers daft and believe it or not Big Colin wasnt that interested in football at school!!!

I can well believe it, Lindau

I was more surprised than anyone when Colin made it as a footballer. He used to play bounce games on the black ash pitch behind Scotstoun Primary and he certainly didn't look like a star in the making. Good player but there were others better that never got a sniff of pro football. I'm guessing but that would be circa 1964/65. All ages would play including Young Tommy and I do mind Colin being very protective towards his brother on the football pitch at least. Maybe you played there as well, LIndau?

Very sad news

RIP Colin

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I can well believe it, Lindau

I was more surprised than anyone when Colin made it as a footballer. He used to play bounce games on the black ash pitch behind Scotstoun Primary and he certainly didn't look like a star in the making. Good player but there were others better that never got a sniff of pro football. I'm guessing but that would be circa 1964/65. All ages would play including Young Tommy and I do mind Colin being very protective towards his brother on the football pitch at least. Maybe you played there as well, LIndau?

Very sad news

RIP Colin

I played against Tommy every week at Scotstoun Showgrounds during the games period. Tommy played as a right winger and I was the left back....had him in my back pocket most games and I aint joking!! To be honest I was amazed when he joined Celtic.....never saw that coming on many fronts!! Two of them were great guys. Never played against Colin at any time. Such sad news on the eve of an exciting upcoming season. Anyone know what happened?

Edited by Lindau

Yep yet still a lot of older fans still lambast Bertie as being negative!! He signed some great attacking talent!

If I remember it correctly did Bertie not sign him for £25k from Motherwell and he was a centre half before turning him into a deadly striker

He was the first player to go to a transfer tribunal , Bertie wanted something like £450k and ended up tribunal gave us something like £170k

Always a favourite with the fans in his two spells

• Members

Pretty much as I remember the circumstances too Paddy. We had a powder puff central defence at the time and Colin came in and stiffened it up before being converted to a fearsome Centre Forward. Was gutted when he went to Rangers. They were delighted to only pay what they did for him.