Tonight...

stuart_adam

Tonight, im appealing to all jags fans not to sing and make it about McNamara. Lets be honest he left under a cloud, and left quite a bitter taste. But we moved on quickly, took on Archie as manager and never looked back.

Lets enjoy the occassion tonight, show we get behind our own team more than getting on the oppositions back. OUR team used our support last season to give them a spark, so lets do it again... Lets be honest, who cares about UTD?

The best thing we can do is sing songs about our club...

Partick Thistle Champions ohhhh ohhh ohh ohhh ohhh ohhhh ohhh!!!!!!!

• Like 7

Amazing the number of Thistle fans, particularly on that awful 'Fellow Jags Fans' Fudbook page who are trying to dictate what is and isn't sung. As long as it isn't breaking any rules/laws people can and will sing what they like.

Of course McNamara will get pelters tonight and rightly so.

If people want to take up a holier than thou cause regarding songs may I suggest they focus on cringeworthy morons singing "Jimmy Saville's yer da" which is neither funny, topical or appropriate.

posted the following earlier ths week, but worth repeating right now in relation to this new thread.

i won't be giving the snake 90 minutes of abuse.

i will however be giving it to him periodically.

as i will to Paton.

and goodwillie who failed to impress down south.

and their keeper.

and whoever else is in that bogging strip of theirs.

with exception of the bridge (who may not even play, given preseason selections of theirs).

but if or when he does a mistake, or misses a chance, or his teammates let him down in a move, i hope we all give him a rousing version of "you'll want to come home" on each occassion.

i hope all Jags supporters will back the boys in red and yellow throughout the 90 minutes, and are vocal and extremely loud and proud when they do so.

but i would also hope that interspersed among that backing of our lads, that at every given opportunity, the snake and all his players (excepting the Bridge) are given both barrels, with equally loud chants.

lets back our kids 200% but at same time wind up every one of their players and management team.

lets scare the living daylights out of the opposition, while backing our players and management team, to the hilt.

and lets keep the northstand red and yellow, and make sure our board knows the strength and depth of feeling on it.

lets make Firhill a cauldron of noise, a hugely intimidating atmosphere on friday evening AND for every home game this season.

lets be the 12th man.

#wegotthis

BELIEVE!!!

• Like 2

Singing you'll want to come home to Chris Erskine (perhaps by replacing the Dundee's a shitehole line with Chrissy Erskine) but giving Paton abuse would wind him right up, he doesn't seem to respond well over facebook/twitter to some of the comments (though I appreciate that the comments probably did go too far from what I heard).