Reserved Seats For Season Ticket Holders

peagreenboy

Did anyone else have a problem with their chosen season ticket seats at the game tonight? As in, seats being double booked?

Obviously tonight no-one had their actual tickets and fortunately there were enough free seats to avoid any problems, but there could be troubles come the Hearts game.

Are seats being chosen on a row by row, block by block basis by the club, as it looked like it might be going by the new stickers?

What about those of us who chose specific seats - ones we've always sat in?

Yep. Got in and our row of 5 seats were occupied. A polite, that's my seat was met with, no it's not etc etc. place was jumping as you know so ended up near the front with loads of kids playing tig, wrestling, pretty much anything other than watching the game. I suppose it's the danger of kids go free. Stewards just watched them.

Anyhow, that apart I hope the seats get sorted for the next game but it did not spoil the game.

I bought 2 season tickets on the phone the day they went on sale, one for me and one for my son. I gave the exact seat numbers we wanted when I made the booking, as we had sat on same non reserved seats for most of last seasons games and we liked the spot. During the booking, the chap said that was fine and they would phone me if there was any problems with our seat selection. Heard nothing though so assumed all was ok.

Arrived tonight and there was a group of slightly worse for wear gents sitting in and either side of our seats. One of the seats we booked had a reserved sticker, the other had no sticker. We sat elsewhere and enjoyed the match. Would be lying if I said we weren't disappointed though. The wee man has been looking forward to having his season ticket all summer, and all we wanted was to sit together for the first game of the season in the seats we booked. I don't think this is too much to ask or expect. I intend to email tomorrow and politely ask for situation to be sorted.

As 3 first time season ticket holders, we picked our seats using the map in the office during the first week they went on sale. the seats are in a cracking spot but 2 of them are broken - its like sitting on a ski slope! According to the guys beside us they've been like that for years despite efforts to repair them in the past. I'll email the club tomorrow. I'm sure it wont be difficult to put right.

Hi N,

as you said we sit behind your dad and have done so for the last 15 years! I renewed our season tickets at the end of June over the telephone for the same seat numbers as on our current season tickets. Because of the problems with row numbers I took our season tickets with us last night. I was informed by the occupant of the seats that they had selected their seats from the chart as soon as season tickets went on sale. Utter shambles and I am not prepared to move. I fulfilled the requirements about renewing my ticket and want the club to honour this arrangement

Hi N,

as you said we sit behind your dad and have done so for the last 15 years! I renewed our season tickets at the end of June over the telephone for the same seat numbers as on our current season tickets. Because of the problems with row numbers I took our season tickets with us last night. I was informed by the occupant of the seats that they had selected their seats from the chart as soon as season tickets went on sale. Utter shambles and I am not prepared to move. I fulfilled the requirements about renewing my ticket and want the club to honour this arrangement

Hi Auld Yin,

Spoke to my Dad this morning, he stated it was a shambles, someone on his seat too, contact the club they have sold you a product (A seat) and can't re-sell the same product with out your say so under sale of goods act, the club off field is a shambles at the moment, oh and it'll be 19 years in December

The off field operation is no longer fit for purpose

this season is the first I have selected a seat because I selected the one i sat in all last season apart from a couple of games. the only reason I did so was the fact the north stand are to be decanted into JHS for the visit of the big ugly sister. working that day so will not make it to near kick off and I did not want to be wandering around looking for a seat.

so this brings up my question if the match is all ticket, will the ticket have a seat number on it for non season ticket holders?

2 questions really, if you have a season ticket but did not pick a seat in JHS, the north stand boys for example, how will they be allocated seats?

Edited by Dug1e

this season is the first I have selected a seat because I selected the one i sat in all last season apart from a couple of games. the only reason I did so was the fact the north stand are to be decanted into JHS for the visit of the big ugly sister. working that day so will not make it to near kick off and I did not want to be wandering around looking for a seat.

so this brings up my question if the match is all ticket, will the ticket have a seat number on it for non season ticket holders?

2 questions really, if you have a season ticket but did not pick a seat in JHS, the north stand boys for example, how will they be allocated seats?

not sure mate, I renewed my ST last night before the game, I was asked to pick a seat but said I was in the North stand and they didnt ask me about a seat in the JHS. I take it we'll just need to find a seat thats not reserved, although judging by everyones comments they will be reserved twice already even if they dont have stickers on them!

not sure mate, I renewed my ST last night before the game, I was asked to pick a seat but said I was in the North stand and they didnt ask me about a seat in the JHS. I take it we'll just need to find a seat thats not reserved, although judging by everyones comments they will be reserved twice already even if they dont have stickers on them!

I thought all in the NS had to have a seat number in the NS so the new funky ticket would allow access plus have a backup seat in the JHS for when Celtic visit......... or have the office staff decided against that now???

we renewed 3 tickets for seats that we have had for the last 5 years.we did this on the first day of season ticket sales.we were assured that we would get these seats as there was a deadline date for existing holder on the club web site.as we took our seats on Friday we were approached by several people who said they had phoned the office and had been allocated our seats.there were some seats available nearby and they sat there.this is clearly a major issue for administration.i note empty seat where the directors sat.i would like 3 there since moving people doesn't seem to be an issue.i will be up at office on Monday for a clear explanation

I chose my seat because I have used it since the JH stand opened, though tbh, for the last two or three years I haven't bought a season ticket. The seat wasn't a renewal but as no-one had it before I was hoping to get it as I applied almost as soon as applications opened. Now I haven't a clue where I'll be sitting, as someone else claims they've been allocated "my" seat.

Is anyone else dreading the Hearts game because of this? I'm working 'till after six on the Friday so will be in a rush to get to Firhill for kick-off never mind having the prospect of having difficulty getting a seat. :mad:

I thought all in the NS had to have a seat number in the NS so the new funky ticket would allow access plus have a backup seat in the JHS for when Celtic visit......... or have the office staff decided against that now???

nope I wasn't asked to pick a seat in the north or Jackie Husband stand.

Can't wait for the Celtic game and the problem with electronic tickets not letting you in the JHS if your seat is registered in the North Stand. :bag:

Or getting in the JHS with your electronic JHS season ticket to find out someone from the shed is wrestling with a pay at the gate ticket over YOUR seat