Gordon Parks

Lindau

Yes Enjoyed reading that. Maybe the pennies dropping. I really hope we put in the same performance for the Hearts game. We are gathering coverts and hopefully a few of them are youngsters who would normally have been brain washed that they had to support Rangers.

If we could put in one great season while they are down in the lower division we might get a right good few of those kids at the local as well as Glasgow schools.

It's a shocking article, from the nonsensical dig at the Tory-Lib Dem coalition at the start through to the point that it doesn't actually say anything, simply mentions all the old cliches and says we're doing well. Pity he can't actually be a journalist and investigate, properly, how and why we're doing well - you know, formations, tactics, scouting etc...

It's a shocking article, from the nonsensical dig at the Tory-Lib Dem coalition at the start through to the point that it doesn't actually say anything, simply mentions all the old cliches and says we're doing well. Pity he can't actually be a journalist and investigate, properly, how and why we're doing well - you know, formations, tactics, scouting etc...

Dear God....its publicity for the club, gives praise to Archie for not filling the team full of cheap foreign imports and going with younger hungry guys that have failed to make the grade with other SPL teams or young promising guys from the lower divisions and he states at the end that we are now a club to be reckoned with. How that is a "shocking article" is beyond me, but hey you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else!!

• Like 1

Cliched crap, but then that's the kind of thing you get from tabloids. Dumb it down, compare it to working the benefits system so even the daftest no-hopers can read it and relate to it. Everyone else can just have a laugh/admire (depending on their viewpoint) at how Thistle are doing it on the cheap.

shameless “Something for Nothing” culture at Firhill. Partick Thistle’s grab-what-you-can for free approach to Premiership survival.

Besides, its based on nonsense. Apart from Celtic, how many clubs paid out cash to sign players this summer? Off-hand I can think of Hibs signing Collins, so where is the story in Thistle signing players for free or on loan when just about every club in Scotland is skint and pretty much do the same thing?

Edited by soulful_jag

i would never read the record. most racist paper ive seen in my life. scottish people think its ok 3 hurt n harm english people. if thEYHOT SPOKE ANT ANY OTHER RACE THE WAY THEY DO ABT EBGKISH, THEYD GET SHOT i love the english, leave them aoloj

Edited by The Mighty Quinn

i would never read the record. most racist paper ive seen in my life. scottish people think its ok 3 hurt n harm english people. if thEYHOT SPOKE ANT ANY OTHER RACE THE WAY THEY DO ABT EBGKISH, THEYD GET SHOT i love the english, leave them aoloj

Someone's been enjoying a few sherries while typing - bit rich engaging in a sweeping generalisation of the Scots in relation to the English from a poster who glorifies a total racist and mass murderer in his avatar.

Sits back lights a cigar and waits ...

Edited by gianlucatoni

GIVE UP MATE... TAKE IT FOR ITS WORTH GOOD POSITIVE ARTICLE ABOUT OUR TEAM.

Give up? Give up on what, exactly?

If you're happy to continue as the cuddly toy then that's fine. Personally I think our club, and in particular our current manager and players, deserve better; it shouldn't be too much work for a "journalist" to put a bit of effort into researching an article, rather than simply rushing out a back-of-a-fag-packet effort to fill some space and allow them to claim balance in their sporting coverage.

Typical mainstream tabloid joke journalism ..... lazy, tedious, crap soundbytes, doesn't say anything bad about us as a club, but an embarrassing full of cringe article.

That may be true. In fact it's totally true but the OP was only pointing us towards a Jags related article that I can at least interpret as positive spin. The hack is informing his "readers" that we've assembled a team for very little and many of the team were rejects from clubs higher up the food chain. I suspect his "readers" by and large would be unaware of this.

The fact that style exceeds content to an alarming degree and that the style itself is appalling is still secondary to the wee bit positive spin the article contains. Ironically this would've been many moons ago the very day Desmond Hackett would've been doing his Lord Haw Haw act in the Express. His cringeworthy article slating us Scots prior to a Wembley game would make Park's nonsense appear Pulitzer winning.

• Like 1

Someone's been enjoying a few sherries while typing - bit rich engaging in a sweeping generalisation of the Scots in relation to the English from a poster who glorifies a total racist and mass murderer in his avatar.

Sits back lights a cigar and waits ...

scots are very anglophobic. as with bobby mugabe. prove it. i want to see your evidence. what do u have? what and where? show me some. what evidence do u have?

scots are very anglophobic. as with bobby mugabe. prove it. i want to see your evidence. what do u have? what and where? show me some. what evidence do u have?

plenty of genocide investigations out there regarding mugabe - open your eyes and have a look yourself

by the way 'scots are very anglophobic' is utter bullsh*t - but good to see you've sobered up

Edited by gianlucatoni