Jim Spence Upsets The Rangers Fans

The Sunnylaw Jag

What was the verdict on the EBT's bunny bhoy

As i said take it up with UEFA, SPFL, SFA etc etc, hell Peter Lieswell will even confirm it to you that we are still Scotlands most sucessful club

I can't really add anymore to this so i'm out :lol:

Kni

The BBC and the employees of that so called impartial company should get the facts right

Jum and his cronies have been spouting their pish too long now and getting away with it and about time something was done about it.

Poor wee Jum playing the victim now :clapping:

It was not the EBT that caused RFC to be put into administration and then liquidated. The EBT judgement occurred when NewCo was already in the bottom tier. Why can't you admit that it was the long list of other debts, running to tens of £ millions, that caused the demise of Oldco? :wall:

You are appear to be saying is that Jim Traynor was spouting and writing pish for the BBC and Daily Ranger. If so, why was he appointed to be in charge of communications for new Rangers. So you must think that Traynor was wrong and Lawwell was right. You are hereby christened the Billko Bhoy! :tongue2:

I remember at the time of STJ he said something like teams like ours deserved to go to the wall. What goes around comes around as they say.

By the way here's a little reminder of what the old 'gers were about and the baleful influence they had on our football.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/thistle-leap-to-player-s-defence-1.468087

taxi driver today was telling me about how when the old co got wound up that he lost his 'life time seat' that he bought for 2 grand early on in the murray era. this was also interspersed with anecdotes about going to the games with his dad (in its guise prior to ibrox disaster and it being done up after ibrox disaster) and taking his two sons to the games. Goes to all the away game and home games in the newco, but one could easly see that that seat had a fair bit of emotional significance to him...

I think calling them a new club, sevco, etc is standard fare good fun football wind up patter, but the fact that the custodians of the membership allocated to rangers football club within the SFA happens to be a different company with a different registration number etc at companies house is not sufficient for the claim that they are qualitativly different to rangers that were playing within the SFA 2 seasons ago, that has the same fans, the same stadium, same collective memories, and the collective experience of going through a traumatic time like all this shit that has hit the fan in the past couple of years..

The company registration is for sure a part of what makes a football club, but IMO it is only a legal convention that exists of little importance to the day to day lived experience of what being a fan is about. Its about memories, collective expereinces etc etc, and there is no break whatsoever in that.

That being said, if JIm Spence is genuinely getting a hard time at his job over this then that is shocking but id attribute that more to a lilly livered employer rather than to rangers fans themselves given that 400 is a very small percentage of them.

Edited by mrD

Don't want to appear as an apologist for rangers/sevco but Traynor's apparent volte face is quite understandable. I guess we can all appreciate the pressure he must've been under to write that first piece The Daily Record being after all widely known as a traditionally anti Rangers publication

The man will sing to the tune of any piper who pays.

Don't want to appear as an apologist for rangers/sevco but Traynor's apparent volte face is quite understandable. I guess we can all appreciate the pressure he must've been under to write that first piece The Daily Record being after all widely known as a traditionally anti Rangers publication

Agreed, the anti-Rangers bias at the Daily Record is truly nauseating, printing the truth about the behind the scenes at Ibrox, failing to castigate Aberdeen, Celtic and anyone else who has an anti-Rangers agenda and most worrisome pf all failing to toe the party line from Ibrox at all times, not just most of the time.

I really, really am truly beginning to think Sevco fans live in an alternate reality.

I need to lay off the sauce

Edited by l'escardot

Widely know by who?

Not wanting to appear as an apologist you appear as delusional and paranoid the Rangers/Sevco hard core. The big bad Daily Record made poor wee Jim write such calumny.

Do this forum's members think the Record is anti Rangers or anti Celtic for that matter?

Or just rubbish?

I was assuming the post was sarcastic.

Same club when it comes to history, name and continuity.

New club when it comes to shirking their debts.

If they want to be a continuation of the old Rangers then they should save up their pennies and pay the debts of the old Rangers in an honest and responsible manner.

Otherwise 2012 was ground zero for the current occupants of the Blue Lubyanka.

• Like 1

Same club when it comes to history, name and continuity.

New club when it comes to shirking their debts.

If they want to be a continuation of the old Rangers then they should save up their pennies and pay the debts of the old Rangers in an honest and responsible manner.

Otherwise 2012 was ground zero for the current occupants of the Blue Lubyanka.

Agreed -- this new same club thing comes about from them being unwilling to admit what they're old club got up to. If you want forgiveness and welcome back to the fold the first thing you have to do is admit you were in the wrong. They (apart from a very few who are sensible and honest enough) never will.

Agreed -- this new same club thing comes about from them being unwilling to admit what they're old club got up to.

It comes about from them being unwilling to accept that they've won the league 44 times less than the other arse cheek.....and the League and Scottish Cups once less than us, of course.

Agreed -- this new same club thing comes about from them being unwilling to admit what they're old club got up to. If you want forgiveness and welcome back to the fold the first thing you have to do is admit you were in the wrong. They (apart from a very few who are sensible and honest enough) never will.

Have you really come across one willing to admit the old club died??

I really don't care if they want to believe it's a new club/company/clumpany or not, the fact is they have a liquidation event to their name and will never live that down. "Ra Peepul" did fcuk all to stop it happening either, quite happy to bleat about numbers turning up for games now but they collectively did nothing of note other than daub a few rambling messages onto pish-stained bed sheets for their big march on Hampden ( :lol: ), when the shit hit the fan. All that trademark orc rage is clearly now being fueled by sheer embarrassment at allowing their club to die.

"Establishment club" :lol:

Can't beat a bit of Rangers talk on an International week to keep you lot going but the weekend will be here soon. :D

I couldn;t possibly reply to all the comments but all of them made me laugh. :clapping:

Some folk really are totally brainwashed and full of hate things didn't quite go to plan :lol:

Has UEFA, SPFL, SFA etc confirmed it's not the same club yet?

It doesn't count if someone from P&B tells you they are not or some other obsessed blogger or BBC employee or any other bigoted hater for that matter

How are those cheats from the East doing

Has sporting integrity played it's part yet or are we all chipping in to help them :thumbsup2:

Can't beat a bit of Rangers talk on an International week to keep you lot going but the weekend will be here soon. :D

I couldn;t possibly reply to all the comments but all of them made me laugh. :clapping:

Some folk really are totally brainwashed and full of hate things didn't quite go to plan :lol:

It doesn't count if someone from P&B tells you they are not or some other obsessed blogger or BBC employee or any other bigoted hater for that matter

Has sporting integrity played it's part yet or are we all chipping in to help them :thumbsup2:

You keep worrying about important stuff like trying to get Jim Spence his jotters whilst the current high heid yins at Ibrox continue to fritter away your share issue cash and stall over an EGM. There's a good fella. ;)

• Like 1

Likewise, we are meant to believe The Rangers is the same club as Rangers because The Rangers people, and only The Rangers people, say they are? You're argument works both ways.

Nothing to do with hated, all to do with common sense, a trait many (not all) The Rangers fans are lacking in. But keep on with your 'hatred' mantra, it's quite funny given the lyrics of one of the club that died's songs ;)

Edited by Scamps

It must cut fans of 'The Rangers' to the core that we fellow clubs will help out another in a time of need but no one did a single thing to help the club formally known as 'Rangers'

That is how hated they are.

Reagan and Doncaster did their best to help them .. but then they often forget their remit is to help ALL the clubs not just one. Joke is their fans think the SPL (as was) and SFA are the enemy - but then they thought Murray, Whyte and Green were all great guys who were doing the best for thier club.

Car_crash.gif