Season Ticket Holders In The North Stand

les

Today my son got turned away from the north stand because he had a season ticket that says jackie husband stand. So we pay up front to help the club but we get penalised . This might seem trivial but we have sat in the north stand for a year due to my worsening disability I was in getting hassle from stewards he was out side . I had no idea where my son was I had to ask someone so sit with me and help me back to my car. Spend the whole game worried sick about my son. He explained I was in there and that I was disabled still no!! Anyway my question is are you barred from the north stand I'd you have a st that says jackie husband Stand?

I'm going all the way with this and re my other post Stewards re disabled. I'm disgusted with what went on at my club today ! Iv been a Season ticket holders for 15 years , supported more ! I will not be spoken down to like that again ! Iv a right to be able to access my club safely and and as little pain and effort as possible with out some guy questioning my disability because I sit four rows up

I have permission from the club to sit in the north stand with the boys. They are very well behaved and 14 and 15 so not wee boys running around the place. I'm disabled and that is where disabled sit, have i not a right to be able to sit with my kids. I was told to go sit with the aberdeen fans which i have never done in the whole year iv been doing this. Iv seen under 16 disabled kids in the north stand . At the end if the day as someone else posted. I have permission from the club that's all he has to know I'm not interested in his opinion on this matter. It's every game he has a comment to make. Today was just unacceptable he would not stop arguing with me even following me from the gate to me seat even the person who I had to ask help me as they refused entry to my older boy pulled him up about. Disgusted is not the word to describe how I feel. Not once has a fellow fan asked or seemed annoyed about this situation

I have permission from the club to sit in the north stand with the boys. They are very well behaved and 14 and 15 so not wee boys running around the place. I'm disabled and that is where disabled sit, have i not a right to be able to sit with my kids. I was told to go sit with the aberdeen fans which i have never done in the whole year iv been doing this. Iv seen under 16 disabled kids in the north stand . At the end if the day as someone else posted. I have permission from the club that's all he has to know I'm not interested in his opinion on this matter. It's every game he has a comment to make. Today was just unacceptable he would not stop arguing with me even following me from the gate to me seat even the person who I had to ask help me as they refused entry to my older boy pulled him up about. Disgusted is not the word to describe how I feel. Not once has a fellow fan asked or seemed annoyed about this situation

This sh*t needs to be reported to the club and dealt with

As I was going in to the North stand a woman with a stick who clearly had issues with disability was getting some kind of grief from stewards but I can't say much else but sounds like the stewards need some training

That was me. As iv said I take over my prescribed doses if morphine and fentynal (amongst others) to even attend games . you will see I'm a bit better going in but by 4.45 the drugs are wearing off iv great difficulty and the pain us becoming unbearable He thinks because I try to sit four or five rows up I'm not disabled!!!!!! I try get up a few rows so I can see and that I don't get hit with the ball which has happened and a few neat misses Lowe down. I just don't get what his problem is why us ur such a personel issue for him. All I ask him us he tells the guys at the turn styles I'm slowed in with boys. I don't need the comments . He accused me if hacking in to Ian maxwells e mail account and sending an e mail to my self. Despite on several occasions stewards radioing back to the office / other stewards to confirm this Which he also said I lied about.

Were they knocked back because they had a JHS ticket or because they are 14/15, because there's a difference IMO.

If the general rule is that JHS tickets are acceptable then it's inexcusable for someone to be knocked back for that reason. If on the other hand an individual steward was unaware that you have an exemption to the U16 rule and was enforcing the stadium rules then perhaps that's more understandable.

Were they knocked back because they had a JHS ticket or because they are 14/15, because there's a difference IMO.

If the general rule is that JHS tickets are acceptable then it's inexcusable for someone to be knocked back for that reason. If on the other hand an individual steward was unaware that you have an exemption to the U16 rule and was enforcing the stadium rules then perhaps that's more understandable.

I think there are two issues which, although they are intertwined, are separate. Maybe we could use this thread to discuss season ticket holders access to the north stand and the other thread to talk about disabled access.

I, and a round 5/6 others were told we couldn't get in NS with JH season tickets at around 1440 yesterday. I spoke with steward at turnstile who informed this is what the turnstile operators had been told.

I then walked to JH saw the queues and asked a One Thistle rep about this who was incredibly helpful and after some assistance from club staff I was walked round to North Stand and allowed in.

I was however told to phone office and change my ticket. My only concern about this is that I would like to change stand depending on who I am with. Apart from all ticket games surely the tickets must allow entry to both stands if over 16

Il clarify this as its s bit muddled on my part sorry. I am disabled I have three boys two under 16 and one over 16. I have permission from Ian maxwell and the club to take my boys in to the disabled section with me (they are 14/15 not wee boys) My over 16 year old son is my carer/helper he was denied access to the north stand despite have ing a season ticket being over 16 and pleading with the steward to get let in as his disabled mum was in the ground and he wasn't , like I said I had to ask someone I vaguely know to sit with me and help me to my car. I have had this arrangement in place for a year but the stewards obviously have a bee in their bonnet about it , every game iv get hassle and comments . Why when I have permission from the club do these stewards feel the need to harass me !

I was under the impression that a season ticket got you into either stand, regardless of what is on the season ticket and that's certainly what happened to me and the missus at last home game (was in Baby Shed yesterday as our 10 year old was with us). JHS season ticket holders but entry to North Stand no probs. Needs to be clarified.

I have a season ticket in the Jackie Husband stand, it was supposed to be in the North Stand, told them that when I went to get it then didn't receive the email over summer asking me to clarify so just assumed it was fine. However, yesterday I showed it to the guy at the turnstile and was allowed to enter the North Stand but told that they weren't really supposed to let me in as my season ticket is JHS. Clarification definitely needed on this one as I thought they would work anywhere in the ground?

At the start of the season I emailed the club to clarify this, and this was the reply:

"We cannot guarantee those with seats in JH Stand will be allowed into the North Stand for busier games, such as Celtic games.

However for the majority of games, which are likely to be quieter, it should not be a problem."

We need Ian Maxwell or another club rep to get this sorted asap. When I bought my ticket, I was told that I had to pick a seat in the JHS, as they would not use the NS for Jags fans during Celtic games, but could sit their the rest of the time. The North Stand, even for the Morton game last season was never 100% full, so the club are sacrificing the atmosphere if they only let NS Season Ticket Holders in.

I think this is a real case of Season Ticket holders getting shafted if people can buy a match day ticket on the day to get into the NS, but JHS ST Holders cannot.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Agree completely with the complainants and clarification for fans and stewards alike is needed here. My question about my season ticket for the NS is, which stand will I have to go to at Tic games ? Surely an easier solution for that game would be for the eastenders to get the whole of the JHS and the JHS ticket holders to cross over to the Main stand leaving the North stand for the NS season ticket holders and Jags overspill !!

UPDATE:

Hi folks. Okay, contacted the club.

I have been told that JHS Season Ticket holders are allowed into the North Stand, and for all-ticketed games, as we already know, those in the North Stand will be put in the JHS.

I’ve been told that nobody should have been turned away on Saturday, except for those under the age of 16, and the club are looking into the matter.

Hope that clears everything up folks.

UPDATE:

I have been told that JHS Season Ticket holders are allowed into the North Stand, and for all-ticketed games, as we already know, those in the North Stand will be put in the JHS.

I’ve been told that nobody should have been turned away on Saturday, except for those under the age of 16, and the club are looking into the matter.

How do we know that? Where was that stated?

UPDATE:

Thought it would only be the Celtic game the NS was getting moved for