Former Thistle Players Now Managing Or Playing For Junior Clubs

Alan100

I've been to see Pollok Juniors a couple of times, and the ex-Thistle contingent is interesting.

Until yesterday Stephen Docherty was the caretaker manager at Pollok, but he's now resigned because their management committee chose to advertise the post. Also at Pollok are Liam Mcveigh, John kane and Willie Howie

Glenafton were managed by Tommy Bryce

Luncarty had Murray McDowell as player-manager

I think that my playing list is comprehensive. It was drawn up and checked against websites about two weeks ago.

Goalkeepers

Bryn Halliwell - Sauchie Juniors

James Wightman - Blackburn United

Defenders

Jonathan Carter - Rob Roy.

John Kane - Pollok

Midfielders

Jamie Campbell - Clydebank

Derek Fleming - Linlithgow Rose

Billy Gibson - Linlithgow Rose

Willie Howie - Pollok

Forwards

Pedram Ardalany - Arthurlie

Damon Gray - Kelty Hearts

Kieran Burns - Clydebank

Graeme Eaglesham - Glenafton Athletic

ETA - I have started a thread on my list for ex-players who are playing or managing senior clubs in Britain and Ireland.

Edited by kni

Christ it wasn't long ago Ardelaney and Burns were going to be the next big things for us, well maybe not Burns, he was tiny.

Several players who were considered to be very good prospects who are in the Juniors, e.g. Damon Gray and Shaun Fraser. Jamie Campbell was unlucky with injuries and could move up again.

It appears that Willie Kinniburgh is no longer playing for Irvine Meadow and concentrating on his career in the police. IIRC Darren Brady was playing for Pollok recently.

Several players who were considered to be very good prospects who are in the Juniors, e.g. Damon Gray and Shaun Fraser. Jamie Campbell was unlucky with injuries and could move up again.

It appears that Willie Kinniburgh is no longer playing for Irvine Meadow and concentrating on his career in the police. IIRC Darren Brady was playing for Pollok recently.

Where is Shaun Fraser? He looked like he could actually make it for a good few months (I think everyone knew Burns and Ardelaney had no chance after a couple of games). Did he not go on loan somewhere and just never return?

I had read that Fraser and Twaddle are at Meadow but accidentally, and stupidly, forgot to add them.

Rovers is becoming another team for ex-Jags. I believe that Scott Chaplain is still there with McGuigan. McAleer's loan, of course, has fallen through.

Not a junior team but Geordie Shaw manages and plays for an amateur team in Kilsyth. All to do with the thistle chaplain (mark something or other) asking him to help out a few years ago and he's been doing it since.

I know this as my girlfriend recently moved into a rented house and her landlord is none other than Mr Shaw. Naturally I used the "any questions" bit at the end of the initial viewing to confirm identity rather than ask anything about the property. He then went and dug out a few old framed pictures and other memerobilia for a swatch. Geordie is sound.

Not a junior team but Geordie Shaw manages and plays for an amateur team in Kilsyth. All to do with the thistle chaplain (mark something or other) asking him to help out a few years ago and he's been doing it since.

I know this as my girlfriend recently moved into a rented house and her landlord is none other than Mr Shaw. Naturally I used the "any questions" bit at the end of the initial viewing to confirm identity rather than ask anything about the property. He then went and dug out a few old framed pictures and other memerobilia for a swatch. Geordie is sound.

Mark Fleming is/was chaplain