Celtic Away End Sold Out.

king of spain

Absolute bloody shambles! Why did we not hand the tickets over to Celtic to deal with?

I assume they still want a 5% cut to sell our tickets, in which case phuck them.

Many clubs now sell their own tickets to the two cheeks without hassle as far as I know. Perhaps we should have sought advice from others as this is the first time we've been in the situation.

I've just bought 5 tickets at Firhill, no questions asked. No doubt many 'from the east' will do likewise when they turn up and see the 'away tickets sold out' sign on the front door.

Absolute bloody shambles! Why did we not hand the tickets over to Celtic to deal with?

i thought they were only available to Celtic Supporters Clubs...

whats the story here?

celtic fans have been phoning up firhill and buying away end tickets?

Priority will be given to all Celtic Supporters Associations. Please contact [email protected] to request a booking form.

Tickets can be purchased from the Main Office at Firhill Stadium from 10am – 4pm every weekday from Thursday 10th October. Tickets can also be purchased by phoning 0141 579 1971.

Edited by potty trained

i thought they were only available to Celtic Supporters Clubs...

whats the story here?

celtic fans have been phoning up firhill and buying away end tickets?

Priority will be given to all Celtic Supporters Associations. Please contact [email protected] to request a booking form.

Tickets can be purchased from the Main Office at Firhill Stadium from 10am – 4pm every weekday from Thursday 10th October. Tickets can also be purchased by phoning 0141 579 1971.

This if true could have disaster written all over it, thought the NS had to be moved to keep strict segregation, be hard to keep strict segregation if Celtic fans can buy tickets for any part of the ground

i'll sit back on this til the full story comes out.

But...

i'm pretty sure celtic should only be buying tickets through supporters clubs, so that they are all easily monitored and identifiable.

why are we selling any away tickets if the official website says contact your CSC.

why are we selling 5 tickets no questions asked, to anyone who rocks up at the door?

as i said, no point jumping in, i'll wait til some other folk post their own experience.

Supporters clubs had priority, they could phone or email in the past couple of days before they went on sale to all Celtic supporters today.

The club are quite right to not hand the tickets over to Celtic to sell on their behalf when Celtic (and Rangers when they were around) demand a 5% cut in exchange for selling them.

Supporters clubs had priority, they could phone or email in the past couple of days before they went on sale to all Celtic supporters today.

The club are quite right to not hand the tickets over to Celtic to sell on their behalf when Celtic (and Rangers when they were around) demand a 5% cut in exchange for selling them.

So the tickets sold today...

none of them were Celtic fans buying home end tickets?

if so, whats everyone greeting about?

Edited by potty trained

i'll sit back on this til the full story comes out.

But...

i'm pretty sure celtic should only be buying tickets through supporters clubs, so that they are all easily monitored and identifiable.

why are we selling any away tickets if the official website says contact your CSC.

why are we selling 5 tickets no questions asked, to anyone who rocks up at the door?

as i said, no point jumping in, i'll wait til some other folk post their own experience.

In the interests of accuracy I should've said no real questions asked.

Me: *presses buzzer*

Girl in office: Hello, Partick Thistle.

Me: Hi. I'm up for tickets for the Celtic game

Her: Are they for the Celtic end?

Me: No, the Thistle end.

Her: OK. Up you come.

End of conversation.

When I got upstairs there were no more questions asked.

I'm pretty sure the soapy bubble at the Glasgow Cup final was partly blamed on the tickets being pretty much a free for all and here we are a few months later with the same arrangements for a first team game, only this time there looks to be plenty of Celtic fans in an area not designated to them.

As I said in my earlier post, I'm entirely behind Thistle dealing with it in-house to avoid the rip off handling charge being demanded by Celtic, but it appears that it has been done in a fairly disorganised way.

How do we know that, tho?

I'm going on the assumption that at least some of their fans have made the effort to travel to Firhill today only to see the away end sold out sign and thought 'feck it' and went up and bought home tickets.

I may be wrong, of course.

I'm going on the assumption that at least some of their fans have made the effort to travel to Firhill today only to see the away end sold out sign and thought 'feck it' and went up and bought home tickets.

I may be wrong, of course.

Ah right, so we actually advertised it out on the street that there were only home end tickets left?

That seems like possibly the stupidest idea i have ever heard!

Is there any way you can stop Celtic supporters from purchasing home end tickets ? Ok, let's assume that it was a mistake to put a sign up saying there were no away end tickets left. That forewarns Celtic fans turning up today to ask for home end tickets.

Tonight everybody knows that there are no tickets left for the Celtic end, what's to stop Celtic supporters turning up tomorrow and asking for home end tickets. Do we give them a lie detector test ?

Have you ever been to a Celtic or Rangers(the club that died) game where there weren't some in the home end. Even issuing vouchers in the games leading up to this doesn't guarantee that they don't get into the home end .and it means that if you don't normally go to a game you are paying 45 for that match.

So just how do you manage it ?

Is there any way you can stop Celtic supporters from purchasing home end tickets ? Ok, let's assume that it was a mistake to put a sign up saying there were no away end tickets left. That forewarns Celtic fans turning up today to ask for home end tickets.

Tonight everybody knows that there are no tickets left for the Celtic end, what's to stop Celtic supporters turning up tomorrow and asking for home end tickets. Do we give them a lie detector test ?

Have you ever been to a Celtic or Rangers(the club that died) game where there weren't some in the home end. Even issuing vouchers in the games leading up to this doesn't guarantee that they don't get into the home end .and it means that if you don't normally go to a game you are paying 45 for that match.

So just how do you manage it ?

Very difficult Lenzie, but this is where the stewards and police need to ensure that anyone in the wrong end is dealt with correctly, ejected from the ground, but what will happen is like when Rangers fans were in the JHS in the SPL the Jags fans that try to get them moved get a mouthful of abuse from the guys in the wrong end and the jags fans also get flung out.

Very difficult Lenzie, but this is where the stewards and police need to ensure that anyone in the wrong end is dealt with correctly, ejected from the ground, but what will happen is like when Rangers fans were in the JHS in the SPL the Jags fans that try to get them moved get a mouthful of abuse from the guys in the wrong end and the jags fans also get flung out.

Norge, I was really meaning how do you prevent them from buying tickets for the home end in the first place, cos that seems to be the criticism that is getting directed at the club by some on here