Celtic Away End Sold Out.

king of spain

With so many U16 STs then the club is just going to have to accept the loss of income from those seats when there is a sell-out game. It's short term pain for long term gain.

Agree this is and was always going to be a situation we have to deal with.

Total agreement over the £ 25 charge. Why not ?

Every other club do it. Especially Celtic, a game I often refuse to go to, due to the shit view we are expected to endure,

Seriously how can you charge someone £ 25 for a seat and they cannot even see the goal ? That is how bad it is in certain seats people !

Given that we now have a modern ticket entry system which is linked to one of those computer things, it ought to be simple to disable U16 season books for a single game in order to maximise ticket sales.

This function could easily be managed from the comfort of ones own home using the TAG Member>Profile>Settings page.

Right, off to service the Jet Pack.

Btw, how does a machine know whether you're U16 or not? What's to stop an adult gaining entry using an U16 ST?

Good point. I got a concession amongst a few tickets for the St Mirren game. Didn't need id at firhill and the individual wasn't asked for it paisley ;)

I completely agree that the club needs to within reason try and safe guard their customers. It doesn't seem that they have done as much as they could in this respect.

The reality is though that every OF game we have played as long as I have followed the Jags has had visiting fans amongst the home support. Do I like it no, but it has never affected my enjoyment of the game, if we play well I am happy if not I am dissappointed. Does the filth among us affect that? No.

The club either through their own fault or legitimate safety certification means find themselves in a real situation as they can't segregate the support appropriately. The away fans in the North Stand and home fans in the Main Stand doesn't provide enough tickets for the away fans and therefor they need to use the JH stand. This provides a very difficult logistical problem before and after the game as they have the away support sandwiched between the home fans. For those advocating that the North Stand remain for Jags fans only I would encourage you to take this point on board as to my mind the natural solution to maximise income and maintain utmost segregation is to give the away support the Main Stand and North Stand and the home support the JH stand.

Not an ideal situation but I would encourage my jags supporting mates to do the team and the club proud by maintaining our excellent reputation and not to get involved in anyway with the scum among us.

Given that we now have a modern ticket entry system which is linked to one of those computer things, it ought to be simple to disable U16 season books for a single game in order to maximise ticket sales.

This function could easily be managed from the comfort of ones own home using the TAG Member>Profile>Settings page.

Right, off to service the Jet Pack.

You make it sound like our ' new ultra modern entry system ' is working ! Tongue firmly in cheek !

I beg to differ, I feel your comments are like mine tongue in cheek.

We really need to get the whole access issue sorted.

I, have been fortunate that my season ticket card has been accepted every time ( what is it 4 / 5 times ) but I have seen plenty of folks having to join a queue.

Why is that ?

What is likely to happen at the Celtic game ?

I know I am devaiting from the original post but

The club either through their own fault or legitimate safety certification means find themselves in a real situation as they can't segregate the support appropriately. The away fans in the North Stand and home fans in the Main Stand doesn't provide enough tickets for the away fans and therefor they need to use the JH stand. This provides a very difficult logistical problem before and after the game as they have the away support sandwiched between the home fans. For those advocating that the North Stand remain for Jags fans only I would encourage you to take this point on board as to my mind the natural solution to maximise income and maintain utmost segregation is to give the away support the Main Stand and North Stand and the home support the JH stand.

Why? The celticfans will enter and leave the JHS at the north end, behind the stand and student flats.

Inside the ground segregation is not much better as it is and the fire risk argument is garbage.

You make it sound like our ' new ultra modern entry system ' is working ! Tongue firmly in cheek !

I beg  to differ, I feel your comments are like mine tongue in cheek.

We really need to get the whole access issue sorted.

I, have been fortunate that my season ticket card has been accepted every time ( what is it 4 / 5 times ) but I have seen plenty of folks having to join a queue.

Why is that ?

What is likely to happen at the Celtic game ?

I know I am devaiting from the original post but

Perhaps I am wrong, but everyone I have seen struggling to get in has been at fault as they not gone through the turnstile after putting their card in or have struggled with some other aspect, such as waiting for something to happen automatically or being entranced by the lights. Ideally there should have been more education from the club on how to use the system, but I think that clubs with larger infrastructures have had worse problems with automated entry.

Edited by flashman

Two of my celtic mates who normally get their tickets through the supporters clubs didn't manage to get them for the game so both went up to firhill and got 4 each for the thistle end. No questions asked.

If the club aren't going to bother about Celtic fans buying tickets for Thistle areas of the ground, bully for your two Celtic mates. It's always been the case that some visiting fans end up in the home end when we play the Old Firm, it's nothing new. All any Thistle fan going to the game just needs to do is make sure that if they have any bother with Celtic fans, report them to the stewards and get them thrown out. If they behave themselves, then there doesn't need to be any problem and the club have maximised their income from the game.

The only issue is with Thistle fans being moved from the North Stand. Not sure those in the North Stand will agree but I see no problem with being asked to move for two games of the season, as long as it's made clear right from the start of the season. But what they should have done is asked everyone to use the JH Stand and housed the away support in the Main Stand and the North Stand. The way they've split it is only going to cause segregation problems.

Edited by soulful_jag

If the club aren't going to bother about Celtic fans buying tickets for Thistle areas of the ground, bully for your two Celtic mates. It's always been the case that some visiting fans end up in the home end when we play the Old Firm, it's nothing new. All any Thistle fan going to the game just needs to do is make sure that if they have any bother with Celtic fans, report them to the stewards and get them thrown out. If they behave themselves, then there doesn't need to be any problem and the club have maximised their income from the game.

The only issue is with Thistle fans being moved from the North Stand. Not sure those in the North Stand will agree but I see no problem with being asked to move for two games of the season, as long as it's made clear right from the start of the season. But what they should have done is asked everyone to use the JH Stand and housed the away support in the Main Stand and the North Stand. The way they've split it is only going to cause segregation problems.

That rather depends how you quantify "some". If it's just a handful fair enough but if it's many handfuls then I'd suggest there is a second issue.