Lets Try Mukendi And Doolen Together!

silvershadow

Jeez this thread is both funny and horrendous. Same old Thistle forums though, during a run of bad form it's difficult to pick out the wind-up merchants from the genuinely daft.

Being a Jags fan, I'd have thought most of you would remember us playing terribly at one point or another. We're on a bad run right now, but this is so far from the bottom of the barrel.

So true.

Mr Blobby's right hand man seems to have an incredibly short memory on a lot of issues.

Does he remember how bad McNamara's first season was?

Apart from the fact that Baird is a Thistle player and Mukendi is on a loan deal, what is the merit in playing Baird/Doolan compared to Mukendi/Doolan. Don't take this comment as Baird bashing as I don't think either of them have been given enough of a chance to establish themselves.

Dont disagree wit you the only thing that I was wondering about was why Mukendi was not getting a game for the under 20's that was all and the fact he is a loan player for a short time. But when we were getting humpings off Aberdeen and Dundee United and were clearly going to be losing the game there may as you say been no harm in bringing him on

After new year (so in six games) we have a run of four games in January of Hearts (A), Ross County (H), Kilmarnock (H) and St Mirren (A).

Which are four hugely important games. I think we should all reserve judgement on Archie until after these games. He's got six games to sort us out, pick up a win or two, and be prepared to go into this run aiming for 8 points. I've got a real feeling these four games are going to give us a real indication where we are heading. Hope Archie brings his players in early January so they have a chance to feature.

As I said, I'll reserve judgement until after these games but I'm not surprised there's discussion on Archie after our recent results and performances. Always knew the dropped points would come back to bite.

What has he done, to deserve a chance?

He did OK in his last game (Cowdenbeath?).

Gabriel was really poor in his first few games but with some game time he has improved considerably.

Kerr, and Baird to a less extend have been rubbish in their numerous outings but have been given numerous chances.

Archie like a lot of managers have their favourites. I hope they stop letting him down.

Archie like a lot of managers have their favourites. I hope they stop letting him down.

He's watched him regularly in the reserves, and by all accounts, has had loads of opportunities in the reserves and has been rotten in every one.... i got told there was a game a few weeks ago archie actually left the stand to go down to the dug out to tell them to get him off the park, he was that bad.

After new year (so in six games) we have a run of four games in January of Hearts (A), Ross County (H), Kilmarnock (H) and St Mirren (A).

Which are four hugely important games. I think we should all reserve judgement on Archie until after these games.

So you'll reserve judgement until after those games.

What the **** would the point be of sacking Archie in February? Who the **** would actually want the job?

Nonsense thread is nonsensical.

Mukendi is NOT the answer, there's really no point in people banging on about him

I saw him play for the U20s at NDP and it has to be said he was dreadful.

And yes, I can confirm that Archie did head down to the dugout and tell McKenzie to sub him off.

5 minutes after the substitution we scored our goal.

Mukendi was a shot in the dark type signing, no one at the club knew anything about him when we signed him. To be fair, if someone offers you a "promising young player" from a top premiership club, for free, it doesn't seem like that much of a gamble.

The boy isn't costing us any money so it was worth a shot. Turns out he just isn't good enough.

Edited by ian_mac

Gabriel was really poor in his first few games but with some game time he has improved considerably.

Kerr, and Baird to a less extend have been rubbish in their numerous outings but have been given numerous chances.

Kerr has only featured in Cup games. Baird started the season but has barely played recently. How does this mark them out as "favourites"?

Fact is that we have a relatively small squad and Archie is playing what he sees as the best line-up available. Inevitably, he will make some mistakes, but on the whole, he will have a far better handle on what the squad has to offer than anyone on this board. Our problems are pretty obvious and if you listen to his various interviews Archie sees them. What can't be anticipated is that different individuals are making mistakes in different games and we are being punished for those mistakes on a regular basis. There are also what you might call more "structural" problems which relate to how quickly we get the ball forward and get support into the box. We also need to defend set pieces much better and so so as a unit. I'm pretty sure those are the types of things that they are working on at Firhill.

I have a lot of faith in the players and management that we have. They had a fantastic season in 2012-13 but even that was not without difficult patches. They overcame those and played some great football in the process.

They started this season well and have hit a bad patch: 5 losses in a row. However, the only game of those that was against a team we are (or ought to be) on a par with was the St. Mirren game and even that shouldn't have ended 3-0. Dundee United have beaten other teams by similar or worse margins than they did us (including Motherwell, St. Mirren and St. Johnstone all by 4-0 and Killie 5-2 in the cup) and Aberdeen have our number, though at least the score wasn't embarrassing at the weekend. Celtic beat us 2-1 and have just thumped Hearts 7-0.

We are good enough to turn things round and stay up.

• Like 4

^^^ Excellent post, I was quite pleased to see Killie getting beaten so comprehensively, not for any other reason than the fact that it highlighted that Dundee Utd (& Aberdeen) are a good bit above most of the other teams in the league. We compete pretty well for long periods against every team (inc the above) and do create some chances and it's just a wee bit of naivety and lack of firepower that lets us down.

I think we are better or as good as most of the rest and with the experience our players are gaining they will develop and get better. I wouldn't swap many for players in other teams and our guys will get wiser as they develop and get used to this division. This is just the rough patch (prob not the only one) that we all knew was coming at some point this season.

It's also been said before that this is a fantastic time to be a jaggo, think back to being regularly bottom of the 1st, genuine relegation candidates in the 2nd and some of the shocking teams we've all seen on the Firhill pitch if we just remember back only a few years.

Mon the Jags!

• Like 2