Can A Club Justify Charging £20?

Yellow & Redneck

Gate income will be around £1.25 million (Ave 3500 adults paying in)

League money minimum £0.75 million (12th place)

Advertising £100k (Possibly more)

Sponsorship £50k (Possibly more)

TV money for Aberdeen game £70K

Total income in excess of £2.25 Million

Wages (Players) £0.5 -£0.75 million (20 first team on between £500 - £750 a week)

Stewarding less than £150k (100 stewards at £100 a game but no way do the stewards get over £20 an hour)

Policing say £100k

Ground upkeep £100k

Electricity etc say £100k (Way less)

Back office & management wages £200k max

Total outlay £1.4 million MAX

Or am I missing a hidden outlay

The new pitch alone must have cost a few bob, then there was all the other work done around the ground so I'd say the ground upkeep total could easily be doubled.

Norge, you have missed the three big money spinners of income to the club.......the bars, the strip deal with ttl/joma, and how can we forget the catering!!! We're rich i tell you, rich, rich beyond our wildest dreams!!

who needs piffly little spare change from a championees dvd or TAG or say a wider and better range of club merchandise?

we are in the land of milk and honey and we have a lovely new and improved boardroom and directors box, even can give our directors free new club ties, everything is rosy, nothing to see here, move along now, don't panic captain mainwaring!

• Like 1

So will there come a point when there is only two types of league - the upper echelon of glamour teams, basically the football equivalent of the NFL but Europe-wide, which is broadcast on TV, whilst local football is on a part-time, Junior level, but affordable to the public?

To be honst I think that's a realistic model for the future. With the Jags in the Megabowl.

To turn it on its head, as was pointed out above, players at this level are not paid huge wages and Thistle are not making any real profit... so, what we are paying must be the cost of putting this team on the park to play to this standard. What expenditure do you cut to allow you to drop the price?

That is an interesting point. Turning that on its head, how do you account for ticket prices elsewhere in Europe being much cheaper yet they are still able to pay their wages, stadiums, etc? Particularly the smaller teams in those leagues.

So that would be considered as an outlay?

Yes why I dropped the figure down in post # 36

"Vat yes we can knock 20% of the intake then £1.75 million

But remember VAT does not need to be paid straight away, depending on your deal with the revenue it can be weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual

Also by being registered for VAT means we can claim it back on some items

Edited by Norgethistle

The new pitch alone must have cost a few bob, then there was all the other work done around the ground so I'd say the ground upkeep total could easily be doubled.

We relay the pitch every year, this season compared to last we will have vastly increased income to offset it against, as for the work around the ground, apart from the ticketing system and a new directors box what else did we spruce up??

Edited to add forgot about the hand sanitizers in the main stand and the lovely new tartan rugs for the directors box

Edited by Norgethistle

That is an interesting point. Turning that on its head, how do you account for ticket prices elsewhere in Europe being much cheaper yet they are still able to pay their wages, stadiums, etc? Particularly the smaller teams in those leagues.

I think the set-up in many Eurpean countries is very different. Many stadia are council-owned and leased to the clubs. Many clubs are are membership-based clubs. They vote in the committe that runs the club. Therefore the committee has to be fan-friendly if they are to keep their jobs. It is also plain wrong to say that all Bundesliga tickets are cheap - the terracing ones may be cheaper (but since we don't have this, there is no debate). The seating is not cheap by any means - last game I went to was two years ago 1. FC Köln vs Mainz 05 a steal at 45 euro...

I can't, but I would love to know how they do it. Is it wages, TV money, sponsorship, lower policing costs? I do not understand why no-one seems to have undertaken any kind of detailed study into the subject. There must be something that other countries in Europe are doing very differently to us.

Other European countries look at the bigger picture and aren't zoned in on milking the average man for as much as they possibly can. This goes beyond football, the UK is all about the balance sheet for those at the top.

Vote Yes :happy2:

Other European countries look at the bigger picture and aren't zoned in on milking the average man for as much as they possibly can. This goes beyond football, the UK is all about the balance sheet for those at the top.

Swings and roundabouts. Other countries don't have a railway network to be proud of. One that's cheaper than road travel. Runs efficiently and punctually to the delight of travelling away supporters.. Oh, hang on a minute.....

Swings and roundabouts. Other countries don't have a railway network to be proud of. One that's cheaper than road travel. Runs efficiently and punctually to the delight of travelling away supporters.. Oh, hang on a minute.....

The only thing Britain does better than anyone else is allow a small cluster of priveledged individuals in one area of the country to get rich as feck while everyone else suffers. It really is a wonderful place.

The only thing Britain does better than anyone else is allow a small cluster of priveledged individuals in one area of the country to get rich as feck while everyone else suffers. It really is a wonderful place.

I don't think Britain has a monopoly on that, or is even the best at it; see Russia, UAE, Dubai, America, etc, etc..