Referee (alleged) John Beaton

jlsarmy

Cant believe we've got John Beaton as referee on Saturday again,who probably gave the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen against St Mirren( Jim Goodwins handball in the penalty box when he was standing 5 yards away and SOD's extremely harsh sending off ) same guy who sent Jamie Hamill off for heading the ball of the line ! , do referee supervisors turn a blind eye to this ?

Well, all predictions proved true. As appalling a refereeing performance as I've witnessed since we've got promotion. Why is this man a top flight ref?

Kinda like asking how the **** Boris Johnson is mayor of London. An out and out mystery

The only saving grace was that his incompetence didn't affect the result. Well I don't think so. We might tho' have been praising his uselessness had Forbes scored.

The fact that he left Lawless lying on the ground for ages when it was obvious he had a serious injury, The fact that he let Hibs away with numerous "agricultural" challenges. The fact that he was simply not fit enough to keep up with play.The fact that he was truly awful, consistently.

The really annoying thing is that his peers are not much better and in the case of Madden, possibly on a par. Yesterday, confirmed what I've thought for a while now I.e. Scottish referee's seemingly operate using their own version of the rules.

On that note the International Board, have achieved a minor miracle in managing to complicate, what when I did my refereeing course(30 years or so ago admittedly) of making a simple game extremely complicate, at the behest of the (English mainly) media.

• Like 1

Kinda like asking how the **** Boris Johnson is mayor of London. An out and out mystery

The only saving grace was that his incompetence didn't affect the result. Well I don't think so. We might tho' have been praising his uselessness had Forbes scored.

The free kick that led to the goal was never a free kick. His linesman at the near side was awful aswell, got couple offsides terribly wrong and how he didnt see Forbes rugby style take down, i'll never know.

what really annoyed me was he added 3 mins for Stevie's injury in the first but 4 in the second. for what?

Higginbotham was down a while and aren't they supposed to add 30secs per substitution? Or have I made that bit up?

McGivern's foul on Higginbotham was worse than the foul Banzo got a red card and 2 match suspension for, yet Beaton merited it a yellow. That is maybe more a reflection on how duff Willie Collum is though.

I've just watched the game v Hibs in full, and despite playing the incident (and stopping) a few times over, I can't see Doolan fouling at all, let alone anything worth a card. The centre back went to ground before Doolan reached him, and Doolan had to skip round to avoid him.. Of course, the officials have to make instant decisions, and I'm not disinterested, but it seems strange for Beaton to reach for a card almost immediately, for an incident in which there was clearly no injury inflicted on anyone.

I've just watched the game v Hibs in full, and despite playing the incident (and stopping) a few times over, I can't see Doolan fouling at all, let alone anything worth a card. The centre back went to ground before Doolan reached him, and Doolan had to skip round to avoid him.. Of course, the officials have to make instant decisions, and I'm not disinterested, but it seems strange for Beaton to reach for a card almost immediately, for an incident in which there was clearly no injury inflicted on anyone.

Not for a foul - for kicking the ball away after the whistle had gone. Beaton still a roaster even if he is 'correct by the laws of the game' here,