Bounce Game Vs Motherwell

northernsoul

The other trialist was Jamie McCluskey

Seemingly wasn't good enough to win a deal at Morton after three trial games and has had an injury prone few years.

I just don't understand why McCall thinks we can take chances on players who have poor records of getting injured when we will be carrying such a small squad unless McCluskey would be signed on a pay as you play deal.

Edited by Vom Itorium

I'm sorry, but this is awful, that was a reasonably strong team, certainly among the attackers and we are still getting humped good and proper.

Two trialists, we can assume that the defender is Conrad Balatoni, but I hope the other one isn't a midfielder as we have far to many :thumbdown:

bloody hell its all doom and gloom, me thinks we all need to get a grip and see how the season goes, you know when it actualy starts :rolleyes:

bloody hell its all doom and gloom, me thinks we all need to get a grip and see how the season goes, you know when it actualy starts :rolleyes:

I looked at that team we put out and it was nearly all boys, some of them really fringe players. No doubt Motherwell put out a second string team but they'll have more depth than us being an SPL team.

Basically, that wasn't a team ... it was a bunch of our youngsters along with couple of more experienced players getting a run out so we could look at some trialists and some fringe players.

The team to worry about is the one that starts in the league next Saturday. That's the one with mostly experienced players who've been playing together for a while - the proper team. It's really pointless - and pointlessly hysterical - to criticise a performance in a bounce game like this so much.

IIRC we were linked with him last summer, certainly a player I would take. Was very impressed with him when he played against us for Livi.

This time last season I was really hoping we'd sign him. Now I'm not so sure. It appears something's gone far wrong with TMcP. I'm guessing his non inclusion in many of Livingston's games may have been down to contractual wrangles, attitude etc, but hardly getting a game with Queens points to him going backwards from his 08/09 form. I can see McLaren would have been keeping him out a regular start but even at that you'd have thought he would still have featured a bit more.

Can't see how we could sign another midfielder without sending

one of our existing midfield out on loan.

People moaning about this game and saying we had a strong team out need to rein themselves in - that was barely our reserves that were out. Who cares if McGeough, Maxwell, Balatoni and Stevenson lose 3 goals to some motherwell XI?

I will say, however, that it doesn't matter how well Hinchcliffe is said to have played, he's a disgrace. He's about 2/3 stone overweight and would cost about 2 goals a game in the first team.

Neither trialist was Jamie McCluskey. Nor had either trialist played in any of our previous fixtures so far this season.

So Balatoni didn't get a game then? Certainly had another trialist defender playing, maybe he was from Hearts also?

Jambo fans have said that the club is looking to loan out a good number of youngsters, 10+. Some of which, including Balatoni they rate highely. This is due to the scrapping of the reserve league and the players being too old to play in the under 19 league.

So Balatoni didn't get a game then? Certainly had another trialist defender playing, maybe he was from Hearts also?

Jambo fans have said that the club is looking to loan out a good number of youngsters, 10+. Some of which, including Balatoni they rate highely. This is due to the scrapping of the reserve league and the players being too old to play in the under 19 league.

The Glasweigen is saying that Balatoni was one of the trailists playing and that they are in talk with Hearts about bringing him in.

According to the Glaswegian McCall is looking at up to two more players, on loan I assume. He wants a centre back, but is no further on with a deal for Baltoni, and a left sided player "to provide competition for Paddy Boyle".

full article here

The clubs loaning players will want to see their guys get as much first team action as possible. I hope if they arrive they're good enough.

We need these players but they will need to be good to make an impact here. As we have seen to our cost before these young spl loan signings can find it hard in this league.

McCall would love to bring in other more experienced players but we will be getting these guy’s for pennies and our budget is already gone.

It’s going to be a big test for paddy Boyle in the first few weeks of the season, clubs are going to see him as the weakness and target him.

It’s going to be a big test for paddy Boyle in the first few weeks of the season, clubs are going to see him as the weakness and target him.

I actually don't think Paddy's that bad a defender. I think it's the lack of forward momentum that the fans are lamenting. Twaddle had that in spades.

I actually don't think Paddy's that bad a defender. I think it's the lack of forward momentum that the fans are lamenting. Twaddle had that in spades.

Spot on. He's defensive game is actualy okay, he's just rotten going forward. Dumbarton fans warned off us this, did they not?