Erskine Back

CCjag

As Gress has only ever posted about Chris Erskine and has clearly been at Tannadice regularly this season I suspect that he/she is a friend/relative. It's clear that Chris has received a level of abuse (said at times by the DUFC fan to be OTT) and I imagine that it's very difficult to sit and listen to that. Maybe those criticising should remember what he/she has heard week in/out and cut Gress some slack?

• Like 1

Quick point from reading his tweet earlier where he uses the hash tag coming home, suggests to me that the move may very well become permanent in the summer.

That's some wishful thinking! Or did he not treble his wages going up to United? Unless they want to punt him, and no other team is willing to take him on, why would he sign permanently for us on a third of the wages?

It's the kind of signing that can lift the whole club.

At the moment, he's probably the only player that could have that effect.

The main benefit of bringing him back might be the effect he has on the other players.

I'm willing to bet that morale would have been a lot higher in training today than it was last Monday.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

That's some wishful thinking! Or did he not treble his wages going up to United? Unless they want to punt him, and no other team is willing to take him on, why would he sign permanently for us on a third of the wages?

Yeah but he's proved that despite the increased wages it hasn't worked out at all and as he says he needs to kick start his season.

Plus if we retain our top flight status maybe we can offer him a bit more obviously nowhere near what he's in but this is a classic case of it not always being bout the money

It's the kind of signing that can lift the whole club.

At the moment, he's probably the only player that could have that effect.

The main benefit of bringing him back might be the effect he has on the other players.

I'm willing to bet that morale would have been a lot higher in training today than it was last Monday.

yeah you can imagine the players being as excited as the fans seeing him back. tremendous news, heres hoping he'll start tomorrow and get us a goal or two and rip dave mackay apart!

If Paton was disrespectful towards you guys on Twitter then the hate is totally understandable, at the end of the day Thistle plucked him from relative obscurity as an amateur at Queen's Park and gave him the stage to showcase his talents. No need for him to be a chunt once he leaves. I agree that he is a fairly limited player and because of this, won't go much further up the footballing ladder, what he can do though, he does well and most United fans have been pretty happy with his contribution.

Think you guys are in a bit of a false position at the moment, signing guys like Taylor and Erskine should only help you push on, from what I've seen you're a better outfit than the likes of Kilmarnock, St. Mirren and Ross County (although we've taken hidings from the latter two in recent weeks, grrr...). It's only a matter of time before you get the rub of the green, hopefully tomorrow night, with a late Erskine winner.

PS. Third Lanark, appreciate the kind words, mate.

• Like 1

If Paton was disrespectful towards you guys on Twitter then the hate is totally understandable,

I think hate is a big strong. I think many of us think he was a bit of a dick about it when he left, but he was a good player and a proud captain for us, especially last season, and I for one appreciate his contribution.

I think hate is a big strong. I think many of us think he was a bit of a dick about it when he left, but he was a good player and a proud captain for us, especially last season, and I for one appreciate his contribution.

The only thing I remember was the night before Dools new contract was announced he wished him luck at Killie....

Apart from that it was a few folk getting all hissy fit over nothing.

Am I wrong?

The only thing I remember was the night before Dools new contract was announced he wished him luck at Killie....

Apart from that it was a few folk getting all hissy fit over nothing.

Am I wrong?

No, you're probably right. I reckon part of the problem was that his injury meant he never had a chance to redeem himself after "that photo", whereas Chris did.

Like others have said, I don't think many, if any, "hate" Paton but he definitely soured the relationship in the end with some ill-advised behaviour. For the most part as Potty Trained has said, it was folk making a mountain out of a molehill and exuding that notorious football fan trait of being unable to take any sort of retort from a player. However, his attempt to almost discredit Archie during his speech at the Player of the Year and praise McNamara, with the whole compensation drama still ongoing, was unbelievably bad judgment from our "captain" and it was quite a sad way to end his time with the club.

On the flip-side, the way that Erskine conducted himself after his move became public was nothing short of exemplary; from his note to the fans to his gut-bursting performances, it was truly admirable and nobody deserved to lift that trophy more than him. Absolutely delighted to have him back.

Without being disrespectful to Paton, his sort are plenty in Scottish football & the fact even DUFCfan comments that his left foot only for standing on says a lot also.

I think Osbourne is twice the player Paton is & that's not sour grapes in any way.

Erskine however is someone we have struggled to replace this season & is most definitely a one off.

Some players are just a neat fit for a certain club & for me, Chris is just that.

You're "home" indeed. :)