Get Behind Archie

the saint

Today's a great opportunity to get right behind archie and to show him, the players and the board that he has the backing of the fans! In his first full season in charge he must be feeling the strain. Show him the doubters are very much in the minority. Mon the jags

well said saint

the firhill boys are in town

Anniversary for Archie today - think this thread needs a bump. A year ago today, we were trailing Morton in Division One, couldnt buy a win away from home and had just got our manager pinched by the Arabs. A year later we are in the top flight and performing consistantly, maybe not always the results, but we are playing attractive football that can be a joy to watch. This is down to Archie, who on a limited budget, has done as best he can for the Jags. Hopefully this milestone will bring a change in our fortunes, starting on Saturday.

I think a lot of people need to remember how we all felt at this time exactly one year ago.

Most people had accepted that Morton had the more experienced side and that our 3 games in hand would be too tough for us to win them all. Morton had won both games against us as well.

We weren't winning away from home and the performances at Firhill had begun to look shaky after the defeat to Morton on Boxing Day. I believe Jackie's last match in charge was an uninspiring 2-1 win against Cowdenbeath.

Now look where we are. Think of the memories that Archie and that team gave us in April last year.

Archie has done a magnificent job. He's Thistle to the core.

This Saturday, get to Firhill and support the manager, support the team, and support the club.

If you aren't with us, you are against us. Being negative won't keep us in this league.

Whatever the doubters may tell you - this is the most exciting time to be a jags fan that many of us will experience.

A lot of that is down to Archie. So today, I salute the man.

Here's to many more years with Archie at the helm. :drink2:

• Like 9

I think Archie's done well. On paper, purely based on results, his record is pretty decent. He took us on a great run to win the league and his return in the Premier is probably on a par with expectations. Most people are agreed that we've been a bit unfortunate results wise, we maybe deserve more, and I see that as grounds for optimism.

But more to the point, and my issue with the whingers, is that as fans we can do nothing, but we can support the manager and the team. Regardless of personal opinions, which are obviously subjective, abusing players and writing off the manager can have no positive benefit, whereas getting right behind them, showing that we are proud of what they have achieved in the last year, and being positive about what can be achieved in the months to come, could really make a difference.

I have no doubt that the fans contributed to last season's success, the players said it constantly, and we can do that again.

• Like 2

well said Ian. I was on holiday and remember hearing Jackie had left and was gutted. I thought thats the league pumped and all the good work down the shitter. If you would have told me the position we would be in a year later I would laughed in your face. aye we should have more points but we don't, I'm sure every other team in the league have said the same including Celtic!

Archie continues to show learning, which for me is the most important thing, and gives him the potential to be a great manager.

Most recently, I've admired how his signings have improved. And that's he's learned the error of signing Baird and Kerr and can hold his hand up and move on. Great work.

I think he still needs to work on his substitutions, set pieces (our corners are completely ineffective), and different formations, but hopefully that'll come.

• Like 1