Poland V Scotland Online Via Daily Retard

Wiltshire Jag

Marshall, Hutton, Mulgrew, Martin, Greer, Bannan, Morrison, Brown, Anya, Steven Fletcher, McCormack.

BBC Scotland giving text updates ... 0-0 so far evenish game, Poles maybe coming into it more now.

On the other hand Under 21 side are 2-0 up against Hungary.

Piss weak apology about unprecedented demand below the non-running stream when you switch back out of full screen or stop hitting refresh for long enough. Could at least have got a hooky stream and watched if it had been with whatever PPV internet lot were originally due to show it before the retard rode to the "rescue"

Piss weak apology about unprecedented demand below the non-running stream when you switch back out of full screen or stop hitting refresh for long enough. Could at least have got a hooky stream and watched if it had been with whatever PPV internet lot were originally due to show it before the retard rode to the "rescue"

First 12 minutes looked lovely mind you and minutes 18-44 were okay too though 10 minutes late :happy3:

watched the first half , dull , dull , dull, glad im a thistle fan and get to see football every week , that standard is woeful !!! sevco are also woeful, as are a number of spl teams , ross county for a start, but is it any wonder our national game is where its at right now ? absolute rubbish , we won 1-0 but that was all it was !!

I am going to stand up for Strachan. From the mess he took over when Avril left, the transformation has ben remarkable. 5 games unbeaten and 4 clean sheets in a row, I'll settle for that. Some tough games too, Poland, Macedonia and Norway away and Croatia and USA at home. None of them are gimmies.

I'll admit that the football being played is hardly cintilating and there won't be many Brazilian managers wondering if any of the Scotland squad had long lost grandparents who once had a stop-over in Rio, but Strachan has taken the resources that he had and turned them into something that gets results. It will be interesting to see how his squad and style develops, but after some woeful performances, I'll take a few hard fought wins for now.

• Like 5

The fact that that is Scotland's fourth clean sheet in row is impressive. What is even more impressive is that last night's clean sheet came courtesy of a back four consisting of two right-backs (one of whom doesn't play club football), a midfielder, and a 32-year-old centre-half who plays for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Last night's performance reminded me of the Craig Brown days: Scotland played an essentially defensive game but retained possession well and used quick attackers to hit on the break. I think that is what Craig Levein was trying to achieve, but unfortunately wasn't competent enough to convey that to his players.

The fact that that is Scotland's fourth clean sheet in row is impressive. What is even more impressive is that last night's clean sheet came courtesy of a back four consisting of two right-backs (one of whom doesn't play club football), a midfielder, and a 32-year-old centre-half who plays for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Last night's performance reminded me of the Craig Brown days: Scotland played an essentially defensive game but retained possession well and used quick attackers to hit on the break. I think that is what Craig Levein was trying to achieve, but unfortunately wasn't competent enough to convey that to his players.

The thing is Strachan, although he realises with our limited resources we often have to be defensive, is not a naturally negative manager. He gets the team organised defensively but puts an emphasis on holding possession - something which requires good passing and movement. This allows us to defend better (keeping the ball away from the opponent for spells) and also be able to create some chances for ourselves.

Levein was so defensive minded his teams tended to concede possession too easily. His kind of style was OK in the SPL but against international teams was found badly wanting. His arrogance which made him unable to change things in a game until it was too late didn't help much either.

You could stream the feed through another website at a pretty good quality - noticed the Record had hundreds of comments at kick off about it not working and comments were soon deleted and suspended from the page. No point promising something you can't deliver.

How little does Steven Fletcher bring to the team - even Naismith who I dislike was far better than Fletcher. McCormack is not really international level either. Impressed with the rest of the team, Bannan and Anya worked tireless on the wings and Brown is great in the centre. Thought Darren Fletcher made a difference when he came on.

Can see the players are working for Strachan and this mentality could well see us through to the Euro Finals. On another note, international football is terrible these days - teams too scared to lose.