Well Done Aberdeen

stillresigned

I wouldn't even know where to start with that Lindau to be honest but i will stick to the topic and not make it a Rangers bashing thread as per usual.

Well done to St Johnstone today and a great achievement getting to the Scottish Cup Final. :happy2:

Bilko despite you being a supporter of the new kids on the block over on the South Side I think you are a half decent bloke, but everything I said was true and I think you know it!

It's good to see St Johnstone in the final. A club about the same size as us but with a much more successful recent history.

If the club is interested in progressing to the next level and finish in the top 6 or getting to the Scottish cup final then they can't afford to go back down this season.

It's good to see St Johnstone in the final. A club about the same size as us but with a much more successful recent history.

If the club is interested in progressing to the next level and finish in the top 6 or getting to the Scottish cup final then they can't afford to go back down this season.

For reference, it's beyond pointless to state that if the club want to progress to finishing in the top 6 of the Premiership, being relegated to the Championship probably isn't going to help with that ambition!

But i'm sure you knew that before you added that trolling statement.

For reference, it's beyond pointless to state that if the club want to progress to finishing in the top 6 of the Premiership, being relegated to the Championship probably isn't going to help with that ambition!

But i'm sure you knew that before you added that trolling statement.

Not to mention that St Johnstone have been in the top league for a number of years now and have got a solid base of players, youth development and experience at this level. We've just got promoted for the first time in nearly a decade having gone through some severe ups and downs. Not exactly comparing like for like. If we stay up for a few years then a comparison might be valid.

Staying up of course will make things a little easier for us to progress (though it will always take hard work and careful use of our resources) but I believe we'd still be OK even if we went down. We couldn't expect to come straight back up of course but I believe we would within 2-3 seasons. Them main thing is that money is in place to keep our youth policy going for at least 4 more years and hopefully this seasons stint at the top league will allow us to pay off some more of our debt.

Well done the Saints for beating this huge club from the 80's and for sending the red army on the long journey homewards to think again. :clapping:

Final at Celtic Park will be bursting at the seems. :happy2:

Blue usually wins against red at Ibrox and a wee fact for them to think about on the trip home is that the last time Aberdeen won at Ibrox Vauxhall unveiled their new car

The Vauxhall (drum roll)

V E C T R A :thumbsup:

There are only 2 huge clubs in Scotland and we all know how they got that way. Being sarcastic about the size of other clubs in Scotland is just pathetic.

There are only 2 huge clubs in Scotland and we all know how they got that way. Being sarcastic about the size of other clubs in Scotland is just pathetic.

I'm not being sarcastic at all to any of these clubs but having a go at the ridiculous decision to play a game at Celtic Park that holds 60,000 when both teams might be better off playing at Easter Road or a similar sized venue.

If these clubs can fill Celtic Park then where are all these people every other week?

Billko, for a dyed in the wool Jag like your good self, I'm a wee bit concerned that you're showing an element of sympathy towards that new mob from Govan.

:fan::D

Always good to see a new team in the final

As a rule but I can think of one obvious exception.

St Johnstone are a dreadful team to watch but usually defend very well. They have one notable forward. If he's fit they've a very good chance of winning the Cup. Without May I doubt they'll trouble United.

Bilko despite you being a supporter of the new kids on the block over on the South Side I think you are a half decent bloke, but everything I said was true and I think you know it!

I don't agree with you so is that me not even a half decent bloke now :)

I'm not being sarcastic at all to any of these clubs but having a go at the ridiculous decision to play a game at Celtic Park that holds 60,000 when both teams might be better off playing at Easter Road or a similar sized venue.

If these clubs can fill Celtic Park then where are all these people every other week?

:fan::D

Typical 'we are ra peeple' keech.

I don't agree with you so is that me not even a half decent bloke now :)

Not at all, though interesting to see Keith Jackson going on about how sad it was to hear the usual old battle tunes getting belted out on Saturday. Is it not about time the new club came into the 21st Century? Then again if that happened your crowds would probably be on par with ours!

• Like 2

Not at all, though interesting to see Keith Jackson going on about how sad it was to hear the usual old battle tunes getting belted out on Saturday. Is it not about time the new club came into the 21st Century? Then again if that happened your crowds would probably be on par with ours!

No place for the old battle songs at the football and to be honest Ibrox has not been a place this season where they have been heard.

I wasn't at the match and missed the first half on the tv so didn't hear too much of it to be honest.

I know the "Billy Boys" is banned but can't comment on what else was being belted out.

I'm not buying into the idea that Rangers fans are the only folk to sing offensive songs at football grounds.

Edited by billko

Keith Jackson initially tweeted what a great atmosphere, prior to being informed by many that the choice of songs (including the billy boys, and the cry was no surrender) that we're adding to his great atmosphere and clear to hear on the telly we're banned and sectarian in their content and meaning

No it's the usual invidious arrogant arsecheek claptrap where any final minus their prescence must be denigrated.

60,000 seater stadium for a final between two sides who will struggle to fill it isn't arrogance but the truth.

Only other grounds like Easter Road and Pittodrie hold just over 20,000 so might not be big enough but i just thought it made more sense but there you go.

They will shut the top tier of CP though :happy2:

60,000 seater stadium for a final between two sides who will struggle to fill it isn't arrogance but the truth.

Only other grounds like Easter Road and Pittodrie hold just over 20,000 so might not be big enough but i just thought it made more sense but there you go.

They will shut the top tier of CP though :happy2:

Definitely won't be big enough - United alone will be able to shift over 20,000 tickets.

Definitely won't be big enough - United alone will be able to shift over 20,000 tickets.

I'm forgetting how many come out for "finals"

It's a great occassion for these two clubs and hopefully both clubs get the huge backing that makes it a great day for these clubs

Keith Jackson initially tweeted what a great atmosphere, prior to being informed by many that the choice of songs (including the billy boys, and the cry was no surrender) that we're adding to his great atmosphere and clear to hear on the telly we're banned and sectarian in their content and meaning

Banned somgs but don't know if anymore have been added more recently

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/bigotry-bill-fans-told-the-songs-1089573