A Real Reason To Have Tag

topcat

From the latest news the club are trying once again to get the TAG club off the ground. I have difered judgement on joining as a NOMAD as I couldn,t see much benefit to me.

After reading the many threads that have been dedicated to the poor segregation during the Celtic game I can now see one reason to have it. As a sort of membership card to prove you are a Jags fan when it comes to getting tickets when you are not a season ticket holder.

If you could sign up at the begining of the season but were prevented from doings so say within a month of a Celtic or Rangers games you would have a way of policing non Jags from getting tickets. Although you could not prevent someone aquiring tickets if they really wanted them you would make it a whole lot harder.

Thoughts?

From the latest news the club are trying once again to get the TAG club off the ground. I have difered judgement on joining as a NOMAD as I couldn,t see much benefit to me.

After reading the many threads that have been dedicated to the poor segregation during the Celtic game I can now see one reason to have it. As a sort of membership card to prove you are a Jags fan when it comes to getting tickets when you are not a season ticket holder.

If you could sign up at the begining of the season but were prevented from doings so say within a month of a Celtic or Rangers games you would have a way of policing non Jags from getting tickets. Although you could not prevent someone aquiring tickets if they really wanted them you would make it a whole lot harder.

Thoughts?

A good use of the tool... but bear in mind that TAG membership is only available free to season ticket holders, or to non season ticket holders who pay.

However, the Supporters Federation is free to be part of, and really every single Thistle fan will hopefully become a Federation member.

I believe TAG was first rolled out with different levels of membership

Maybe there could be a very low entry one off level fee of say £5 for TAG just to be a card carrier. These days this kind of thing is normally a way of data basing the fans for mail shots, offers etc. If there proposed target is 4-5000 then that is the Jags support really. If you occassionally had to produce that card for a ticket then it might help make things a bit better for games like Wednesday

You don't need TAG for that, you need a simple database for everyone who has ever bought a ticket at Firhill. Why this hasn't been done I have no idea. I still get Denver Nuggets emails going into my Junk folder on a regular basis because I went to a game in 2005.

And the reason for doing that isn't to stop old firm fans going in our end (which is rarely ever an issue, Wednesday was exceptional circumstances) but to target communications at lapsed/occasional fans to encourage them to come back in the first place, reminders about games/events, sending out offers, etc.

• Like 1

I am not sure I would be in favour that limits the attendance. Having to be a membership scheme and only allowing members to buy tickets for certain games would mean that neutrals couldn't go,unless accompanied by a member, or spur of the moment fans.

The real(only ?)way to get round this problem is for the Stewards and Police to do their jobs and that is to eject any away fan in the home end that is over zealous in their support. If it happened often enough, they would soon stop buying tickets for the home end

You don't need TAG for that, you need a simple database for everyone who has ever bought a ticket at Firhill. Why this hasn't been done I have no idea. I still get Denver Nuggets emails going into my Junk folder on a regular basis because I went to a game in 2005.

And the reason for doing that isn't to stop old firm fans going in our end (which is rarely ever an issue, Wednesday was exceptional circumstances) but to target communications at lapsed/occasional fans to encourage them to come back in the first place, reminders about games/events, sending out offers, etc.

I picked up a book once in a book shop (can't remember the name) that suggested this type of marketing is something all scottish clubs should do. A wee email to fans that haven't been for ages, maybe a print out code offering £2 off admission or something.