Players Seem To Think We Are In A False Position In League

jaggyben

It seems every time I pick up a paper this season the same old story gets put out we are a better team than the table shows we have been unlucky have not got the breaks and the results we deserve but a couple of wins and we will be up the table where we belong

Scot Patterson has said it Lee Mair Gary Fraser said it today we should soon get the results our play deserves but I just wonder are they right or maybe we are in the position our play deserves I get the feeling coming from the players is that it will work out in the end we are to good to be in the play offs but right now I am not convinced we are ready for the fight that,s ahead of us if Saturday is anything to go by

I really think the whole squad needs to look around them in the table Hearts have shown in the last few games they know how to battle I know some folk will say they are down fair enough but they are still showing the fight Saints fought back on Saturday as well so its going to be a tough run in from now until end of season

Last season we had so much belief in the team and the players fought for everything and showed great bottle even when Jackie left us the boys got behind Archie and made sure he got the managers job permanently

I think now is the time for them to do the same as last season and get stuck in in the last 5 games on their day they are a great team but I think they are not consistent enough and really need to realise that there is not much difference between the bottom six teams and the teams that fight the hardest for each other will be the team that survives to fight next season I just its us we cant throw away all the hard work thats been done by this squad and the team needs to understand they are in a fight and time and games is running out

We're exactly were we should be and mainly because we have given away some shocking goals. Some fantastic build up and attacking play but our goals against is the reason we are were we are. You dont get points for how attractive your football is, you get points for putting them in at one end and keeping them out at the other .

Edited by angry gaz

It seems every time I pick up a paper this season the same old story gets put out we are a better team than the table shows we have been unlucky have not got the breaks and the results we deserve but a couple of wins and we will be up the table where we belong

Scot Patterson has said it Lee Mair Gary Fraser said it today we should soon get the results our play deserves but I just wonder are they right or maybe we are in the position our play deserves I get the feeling coming from the players is that it will work out in the end we are to good to be in the play offs but right now I am not convinced we are ready for the fight that,s ahead of us if Saturday is anything to go by

I really think the whole squad needs to look around them in the table Hearts have shown in the last few games they know how to battle I know some folk will say they are down fair enough but they are still showing the fight Saints fought back on Saturday as well so its going to be a tough run in from now until end of season

Last season we had so much belief in the team and the players fought for everything and showed great bottle even when Jackie left us the boys got behind Archie and made sure he got the managers job permanently

I think now is the time for them to do the same as last season and get stuck in in the last 5 games on their day they are a great team but I think they are not consistent enough and really need to realise that there is not much difference between the bottom six teams and the teams that fight the hardest for each other will be the team that survives to fight next season I just its us we cant throw away all the hard work thats been done by this squad and the team needs to understand they are in a fight and time and games is running out

I'm out of breath just reading that.

These things (. , ) :thumbsup2:

After all the comments in the press over the last couple of weeks especially from Archie and Shaggy which I absolutely believe had a negative impact on our performance against Hearts. Shaggys comments about getting better players for next year,top 6 etc possibly had a negative effect on the younger players or was it just a coincidence that was one of our worst performances of the season . I would much rather the players and management stayed away from sound bytes to the press and did our talking on the park.

We're exactly were we should be and mainly because we have given away some shocking goals. Some fantastic build up and attacking play but our goals against is the reason we are were we are. You dont get points for how attractive your football is, you get points for putting them in at one end and keeping them out at the other .

^^ Pretty much this. As Lambie might say we've shot ourselves in the elbow in a lot of games this season. Hopefully though we're good enough to stay up and get the chance to push on next season.

After all the comments in the press over the last couple of weeks especially from Archie and Shaggy which I absolutely believe had a negative impact on our performance against Hearts. Shaggys comments about getting better players for next year,top 6 etc possibly had a negative effect on the younger players or was it just a coincidence that was one of our worst performances of the season . I would much rather the players and management stayed away from sound bytes to the press and did our talking on the park.

Christ you're obsessed with that throw-away remark from Shaggy. It's abundantly clear what he meant. He meant that when it comes to holding on to loanees, and attracting the best possible calibre of player to Firhill, the way we've gone about playing our football in an attractive manner, involving, by the way, the current players, will often be the difference when other teams of similar calibre, like Killie, Ross County, St Mirren and maybe even Hibs or St Johnstone in the longer-term, come calling and there's little to separate by way of money.

Quite how that would demoralise the existing players is beyond me. It's hardly saying they're pish and not good enough. If you want evidence of that, actually look at Hibs and how their team responded to Butcher saying most of them shouldn't let their arses hit the door on the way out. No comparison really.

Saints did get the win, but according to McCall they got a huge bit of luck with the penalty and we certainly have not had much luck this season so far. But stupid mistakes have cost us a lot of points and not concentrating for the whole game

Edited by Lenziejag

Christ you're obsessed with that throw-away remark from Shaggy. It's abundantly clear what he meant. He meant that when it comes to holding on to loanees, and attracting the best possible calibre of player to Firhill, the way we've gone about playing our football in an attractive manner, involving, by the way, the current players, will often be the difference when other teams of similar calibre, like Killie, Ross County, St Mirren and maybe even Hibs or St Johnstone in the longer-term, come calling and there's little to separate by way of money.

Quite how that would demoralise the existing players is beyond me. It's hardly saying they're pish and not good enough. If you want evidence of that, actually look at Hibs and how their team responded to Butcher saying most of them shouldn't let their arses hit the door on the way out. No comparison really.

Dont really disagree with a lot of what you're saying , just thought the timing of the comments were wrong. The attractive football all season comment if slightly ambiguous, most people who have watched the team all season would say we've become a bit one dimensional since the introduction of Lyle Taylor since the the start of the year. It's definately worked some games but not the attractive football we got at the start of the season with the possession football and Doolan dragging defenders all over the place but at this point of the season I don't really care how we stay up.

Dont really disagree with a lot of what you're saying , just thought the timing of the comments were wrong. The attractive football all season comment if slightly ambiguous, most people who have watched the team all season would say we've become a bit one dimensional since the introduction of Lyle Taylor since the the start of the year. It's definately worked some games but not the attractive football we got at the start of the season with the possession football and Doolan dragging defenders all over the place but at this point of the season I don't really care how we stay up.

The league positions don't lie we deserve to be where we are but of course we are capable of much much better,however that is maybe for next season, we need to battle like never before to stay up.

We've been a bit unlucky, a bit naive, a bit inexperienced this season. That much is true.

Do we deserve to be higher up the table? Not really. False league positions after a few games are entirely possible, but I don't think you can argue that over the course of a season.

Here's to hoping this season's theme will be 'lessons learned, experience gained', and we get the chance to kick on next season.

We are where we deserve to be, end of. Sure Thistle could have been in a much more comfortable position, but then so could any of the other clubs striving to avoid the drop,so it's a meaningless comment.

The players and staff of this club have got five games left to at least get themselves into a position where they can win a play off. Based on Saturday's shambles,at the moment I dont't believe they have the bottle to do so. Saturday's result was possibly the least excusable and perhaps the most depressing result in recent years. Both of which have been, far from rare in my nearly forty years experience of supporting Thistle.

I have to hold my hand up I have been one of those who parroted that we were much better than our opponents, we'll I was wrong and Saturday proved it. It's up to the staff and players know to prove that they deserve to be in this league!

Edited by stillresigned