A Bit Hacked Off.

I was stopped from entering NS with my Dad. Pretty shocking state of affairs - sat there most of last season & this. We both enjoy it though neither of us are singers...

The 'steward' was being a bit of a dick and just refusing people. A guy got a bit worked up and the steward asked for the police to intervene, which only made things appear worse.

We then had to leg it up to the JHS to make KO. When we eventually got to sit down, we were amazed at how quiet the NS was! We assumed it was full given the steward's behaviour.

Pretty poor show and I agree with some other posters that the noisier the NS, the more the team responds. Hope it gets sorted out pretty sharpish.

Club needs to give more thought to season ticket sales for next year, as a non season ticket holder but regular attendee get frustrated about finding decent seats in JH stand, as many blocked as empty season ticket seats. I had put this down to the issue of free U16 tickets, but this thread had highlighted that there is a significant number of these seats where the holder is in the North Stand.

For next season the club should give the fans the right to reserve a seat if their season ticket is valid for one stand, if they opt to have the flexibility to go to either stand then they should be issued with a free seating ticket, this should be easily achieved with computerised system.

Club needs to give more thought to season ticket sales for next year, as a non season ticket holder but regular attendee get frustrated about finding decent seats in JH stand, as many blocked as empty season ticket seats. I had put this down to the issue of free U16 tickets, but this thread had highlighted that there is a significant number of these seats where the holder is in the North Stand.

For next season the club should give the fans the right to reserve a seat if their season ticket is valid for one stand, if they opt to have the flexibility to go to either stand then they should be issued with a free seating ticket, this should be easily achieved with computerised system.

There's 5500 seats in the JHS, 2500 season ticket holders.

There are 250 folk with Season Tickets using the NS, of which i'd say less than 100 are JHS ST holders.

And you are struggling to find a "good seat".

There are 250 folk with Season Tickets using the NS, of which i'd say less than 100 are JHS ST holders.

Yip and the frustrating thing is there are loads of empty seats

There are 6111 seats on the planner (JH1 -JH9) with 2992 occupied leaving 3119 to be used, if the end section is removed (JH8 & JH9) still leaves 1978 free seats, shouldnt be a problem, the only "pinch" areas are JH4 (119 seats of 850 available) and JH5 (66 of 600 available) when trying to get 2 or more together and JH3 where you can only get towards the front

Seems to be a recurrent problem at Firhill I.e. Poor customer standards. For next season, regardless of which league we're playing in, the club will simply have to do better. I accept, that they were starting from a pretty low base, even by Thistle standards. However, the club have got to realise that this is the 21st Century and that they are unlikely to attract custom if they offer 20th or even in some cases 19th Century standards of accommodation and customer service.. This point has been made continually over the years, but apparently the penny has still not dropped!

Seems to be a recurrent problem at Firhill I.e. Poor customer standards. For next season, regardless of which league we're playing in, the club will simply have to do better. I accept, that they were starting from a pretty low base, even by Thistle standards. However, the club have got to realise that this is the 21st Century and that they are unlikely to attract custom if they offer 20th or even in some cases 19th Century standards of accommodation and customer service.. This point has been made continually over the years, but apparently the penny has still not dropped!

While I agree i feel it's a wee bit theoretical over practical. That's if you accept the Board is rather isolated from the support. What's blatantly obvious to the support hasn't always been so to the Club. Best way imo to address this would be for a fans representative group to discuss ticketing, seating, segregation etc with the Board/Maxi. Go thru the errors of this season, look at what is repetitive for next season and hypothetical situations that haven't yet but are reasonably likely to surface. That I suppose broadens the topic to take in TAG membership scheme etc.

The alternative is to learn as you go along but I think we'd all agree that's locking the stable door. So while I agree the Club has messed up too often, it's not their fault, TAG delay aside, that the fans have never been able to organise themselves effectively

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

While I agree i feel it's a wee bit theoretical over practical. That's if you accept the Board is rather isolated from the support. What's blatantly obvious to the support hasn't always been so to the Club. Best way imo to address this would be for a fans representative group to discuss ticketing, seating, segregation etc with the Board/Maxi. Go thru the errors of this season, look at what is repetitive for next season and hypothetical situations that haven't yet but are reasonably likely to surface. That I suppose broadens the topic to take in TAG membership scheme etc.

The alternative is to learn as you go along but I think we'd all agree that's locking the stable door. So while I agree the Club has messed up too often, it's not their fault, TAG delay aside, that the fans have never been able to organise themselves effectively

Disagree, should the fans (The customers) organise themselves to show a proffessional outfit how to operate??

• Like 1

Disagree, should the fans (The customers) organise themselves to show a proffessional outfit how to operate??

We're probably in agreement, I think I just phrased that badly. I'm not excusing the Board from not being in sync with the fans. Of course they should be. And it's not the responsibility of the support (customers) to correct this but it sure as hell would get things running a bit smoother if there was an effective fans group in place.

We're probably in agreement, I think I just phrased that badly. I'm not excusing the Board from not being in sync with the fans. Of course they should be. And it's not the responsibility of the support (customers) to correct this but it sure as hell would get things running a bit smoother if there was an effective fans group in place.

Is the Trust still going??