Javeajag, The Cup And Others

ian_mac

Hahahaha.

You are an utterly pathetic individual.

I celebrated like ****.

Despite a pudding of a manager the players came through.

That will be the same manager who signed ALL 4 of the scorers last night?

Javeajag, Proudjag, Barney Rubble, The Cup, Trotter..... GET IT RIGHT UP YOUS.

Excuse me? I started one thread after the hearts game at firhill in anger. I was at tynecastle last night kicking every ball and cheering on the boys. Last night was up there with the Morton game last season. Everyone is entitled to criticise. Once again well done to Archie and the boys and amazing schovement.

Has to be THE POST of this season or any other season! So when we are bad its the managers fault, when we succeed its the players. You must enjoy portaying yourself as a complete d*ckhead.

Hahahaha.

You are an utterly pathetic individual.

I celebrated like ****.

So, it's a case of if we lose, it's ALL the manager's fault, but when we win it has nothing to do with the manager. Oh dear, oh dear, who let the idiots run the asylum?.

I'll say again- forum, discussion of different opinions.

I don't know much about forums in general but I'm prepared to back you 100% on above. I wouldn't imagine the majority of folk who post on here have differing views of a fans forum. What I'm not prepared to do is support individuals that turn this well run and otherwise very good outlet into some sort of equivalent to a sixth form debating club.

I'm sure if you looked back over the season you'd find a good few posts I've made that conflict. Same will go for many others. That to me is just a by-product of forums in general and not always a case of posting when pished. If you want to be cruel you could cite hypocrisy but on a truly small scale.

What I find intolerable is posters who come on here and will not back down and will argue black is white just to try and back up a post/thread they initiated. They have always got to find fault, will never even admit a grey area to their argument. We even got to a level where one poster to support his "motion for debate" was accusing the manager of not jumping up and down and screaming at the players (or did I just imagine that).

As I say this place is surely for discussion and not a feckin' debating society..You are permitted to alter your views.

• Like 1

It is a shame that we can't all see things the same. It is also inevitable. We do not come out of the same mould, nor are our lives identical in nature, experience, ambition or achievement.

I understand frustration and anger and how these can influence our actions. So when I read threads such as this one it is a pity that all the above doesn't do much to relieve the sadness that it causes.

We should aspire to have good debates on here with that marvellous sprinkle of humour that Jags fans are renowned for having. They are read all over the world by Jags fans near and far. So think!!

Fans insights on here OFTEN challenge my own (poorly informed) views and for that I am grateful.

The opening post does not read well, though I think I can understand the strength of feeling displayed. Guaranteed to create feedback that takes us nowhere - no movement towards consensus / resolution. (IMO)

Too often I see long treads created where it would have been better FOR US ALL if the so called "trolling" was ignored and starved.

You will have to make you mind up about whether any attempt to debate has been successful on you part or someone who has responded earlier

So my thinking is to thank your lucky stars you do not agree with the occasional extreme posts you see on here ... and just let them wither on the vine.

Lastly, do not let aggro / negativity get in the way of you enjoying the days ahead!!

I would have pulled your arm off for an end result to our return to the top flight. C'mon the Jags!!

Edited by Shuggie

Very rarely post ..... but I cannot believe some of the comments on here. I have been watching the Jags for around 40 years and other than the 71 Cup win , the last two seasons have been by a long way the most enjoyable - even better than the two promotion in a row under Johnnie Lambie. Who do the Doom Merchants think we are and what level we should be achieving ? Absolutely unbelievable that wehave people moaning about the Manager still today

Why not? There are people here who told us at one stage that they had already backed us at the bookies to go down, and even some who had backed us not to win another game this season.

The ones who consistently called for Archie's head should be held to account for their actions - if only to make them realise how short sighted they are. That kind of negativity is contagious, the same way that positivity is contagious in a good way. It's not the kind of support I want us to be, it's not the kind of club I want to support. Norwich supporters called for the head of a good man, and look where it got them. Had our board been as short sighted as some on here, had the negativity got the better of more people than it did, we could be sitting in 11th place worrying about the playoffs.

I won't apologise for the opening post and I know there are plenty of others who feel the way I do.

I certainly don't "think I am something" but I certainly think more of myself than I do of those idiots (yes, they are now proven idiots) who can't see 2 feet in front of them.

Poor timing for this thread. I was still on that high from last night and enjoying all the positive posting. I think that was Partick Monkeys point Ian. We could all have done with a few more days of the good stuff.

Haven,t really followed this discussion but wish you,d taken them to task next week after the season has finished. :(

Could all of you guys that are having this ding dong commit to a truce until next week.

to be fair i never enjoy reading the named posters contributions to the threads i just tend to ignore them..

However this wouldnt be a proper forum if there werent conflicting opinions..

Some people post on forums just to elicit the reaction and popcornfest that they enjoy watching and feeding with more comments..

Best thing to do with these Troll's is ignore and not bring attention to them.. as that is what they want..

Everyone enjoy being a jags fan.. Ignore trolls!

Lock this thread please :)

Poor timing for this thread. I was still on that high from last night and enjoying all the positive posting. I think that was Partick Monkeys point Ian. We could all have done with a few more days of the good stuff.

Haven,t really followed this discussion but wish you,d taken them to task next week after the season has finished. :(

Could all of you guys that are having this ding dong commit to a truce until next week.

Good post

I know what you mean, but the reciprocal respect isn't demonstrated. The speed and degree of condemnation posting after a poor result or performance (eg 'Happy Clap Brigade' thread) seems to me reasonably balanced by the converse - perhaps that's the point.

edit - reply to Topcat post - browser doesn't want to quote

Edited by Mr Scruff

Posted Today, 06:33 AM

"Exactly the kind of p*sh & crass comments I'd expect from the opening poster. He thinks he is something on this board."

Ian is something on this board and at the club - he is an all round good guy and a true supporter. He has spent his own time and money organising buses to important games, at cost price to fans (cheaper if your a kid) and he is a hero to my son after the brilliant day at Falkirk last year when we won the league.

Ian was also big enough to offer all of the usual suspects on the Archie Must Go thread free travel on the Kilmarnock bus recently, let's all get behind the team and support them he said, and not one of you cretins even acknowledged or thanked him. You ignored his kind offer and spent more time trying to make him look stupid by misquoting his comments.

Ian, you are a legend sir, as is Archie. You deserve a lot of credit for the effort you make to support the club and you don't need me to tell you to ignore the brave keyboard warrior chumps who have the audacity to criticise you after weeks of typing negative anti-Archie guff on here.

& you just backed up my point. This will be why he does think he's something with folk like you crawling up his @rse.

Don't know the guy, don't want to, he didn't even have the decency to apologise for his offensive comment a few weeks back, choosing instead to be abusive. Really nice guy! :D

I notice none of you were for condemning him as quick as you are to condemn others on this board.

^^^^^^^^^^

Seething. The club could have one of its highest finishes ever and he still can't bring himself to admit he was wrong. We know why your heid is nipping this morning and it's nothing to do with drink......haha! Maybe you can tell us why you were so quick to post your usual criticisms about Archie when we went 2-1 down last night and were never spotted again on the thread....

It was in reply to one particular poster & was too busy watching the second half & making sure I got last orders to post anything else but thanks for coming.

Perhaps from the view you've had from the Roseburn St stand (ok YouTube) you were happy with the defending of the 2 goals conceded?

& you just backed up my point. This will be why he does think he's something with folk like you crawling up his @rse.

Don't know the guy, don't want to, he didn't even have the decency to apologise for his offensive comment a few weeks back, choosing instead to be abusive. Really nice guy! :D

I notice none of you were for condemning him as quick as you are to condemn others on this board.

Oh,oh!

Interesting comeback. Is it the highlights you watched this morning?

Or should I just take it that you didn't want to reply?

What in Gods name are you talking about. You do appear to be getting a bit upset. It's a time to be joyous....Archie's got a new contract! Oh yes and I thoroughly enjoyed the 94 minutes at Tynecastle last night....did you? Thought not!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

What in Gods name are you talking about. You do appear to be getting a bit upset. It's a time to be joyous....Archie's got a new contract! Oh yes and I thoroughly enjoyed the 94 minutes at Tynecastle last night....did you? Thought not!

Not in the least bit upset, sorry to disappoint. :D

Don't click on YouTube links as they could be linked to anything, that's why I was asking.

You commented on me not contributing anything else to the thread. You're 1st reaction was to ask me where I was the rest of that thread, I explained.

You obviously felt the need to comment on a thread rather than go to the pub but each to their own.

Different folk, different strokes. Hey, a bit like a forum!! :D

You commented on me not contributing anything else to the thread. You're 1st reaction was to ask me where I was the rest of that thread, I explained.

Didn't get back from Tynecastle last night until 12.30 and read through the threads this morning. Your absence from your post when Hearts made it 2-1 was very telling. You obviously were near to tears in the knowledge that the man you want out of the club has now got us to 7th place and is now getting a new contract. Your world must be collapsing all around you!

Someone's in the huff cos I rhymed his name with Snotter next to a picture of a wee witch! :happy2:

I missed that, you'll need to post a link. You obviously didn't get enough folk commenting on it first time if you've had to mention it again.

Now's your chance. :)

Didn't get back from Tynecastle last night until 12.30 and read through the threads this morning. Your absence from your post when Hearts made it 2-1 was very telling. You obviously were near to tears in the knowledge that the man you want out of the club has now got us to 7th place and is now getting a new contract. Your world must be collapsing all around you!

You obviously don't read threads very well then do you? :D

Don't click on YouTube links as they could be linked to anything, that's why I was asking.

youtube links are linked to...youtube. Hover over it and it's...youtube. Thanks for helping